Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:41:06 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  CREATURE (2011) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CREATURE (2011)  (Read 2643 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: March 28, 2012, 10:46:26 PM »

OK, I am including this in the "Bad Movies" section, first of all,  because its makers actually tried releasing it in the theaters - a 1500 screen release that netted only 327,000 its opening weekend - one of the worst theatrical runs of the entire modern movie era!  Secondly, because it is a Creature Feature, and most of those are bad.  And, lastly, to be honest, it is a BAD movie - a half man, half alligator beast that is worshiped as a god by the swamp-dwellers near its lair, has a close encounter with the usual twentysomething slasher fodder.

But, doggone it, I LIKED this train wreck of a film!  For one thing, there was NO CGI at all (OK, I take it back - there is one scene where a person's legs are digitally removed to make it look like they'd been dismembered).  But the monster was a guy in a pretty well done monster suit. The kills were mostly done with prosthetics.  There are numerous lovely girls, obnoxious college age guys (all Marine Corps buddies, I think), many bloody kill scenes, and enough gratuitous nudity to please even a jaded old curmudgeon like Jack.  Literally, the first skinny-dipping sequence starts about 10 seconds into the movie!

The plot is kind of a cross between HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP, DAGON, and DELIVERANCE. And, on top of ALL that, it has Sid Haig, chewing up the landscape in the manner only Sid Haig can do!  In short, this is a movie that every Bad Movie Lover should see.  And buy a copy of.  And sleep with it under his pillow.  This is what Bad Movies are all about.

Indy sez check it out!!! TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
mrsskinner
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 05:07:08 AM »

I just finished watching "Creature" and after a shaky start found it most enjoyable. It would pair well as a double feature with "Boggy Creek"
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 03:11:56 PM »

That's one thing I love about this place.  Somebody is always there to point out a good bad movie that I somehow managed to miss. 
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 04:30:41 PM »

I remember planning on seeing this, because one local theater was showing it. For some reason I couldn't get out that night and by the time I could it was already gone.

This movie should be a must for any lover of DC comics. The titular creature looks like one particular Batman villain and the main heroine is played by Serinda Swan, who had several guest appearances on Smallville as one particular DC magic user.  In other words this movie cold have been titled "Zatanna vs Killer Croc".

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 04:56:11 PM »

I watched the trailer and it looks pretty fun.  I'll have to pick up the DVD sometime   Thumbup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Robocop
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 01:40:22 AM »

Who else immediately thought this was a remake of the 1985 film staring Klaus Kinski when first looking upon the subject tittle?

Does anyone know of any highlight videos showcasing all the action stunts in this movie?
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 05:35:36 PM »

Who else immediately thought this was a remake of the 1985 film staring Klaus Kinski when first looking upon the subject tittle?

Eh...that would be me. Love to see Mr. Lobo host this one.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
claws
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 03:11:50 AM »

Watched this yesterday and yeah... First off, this movie is bad indeed. It falls apart and crumbles right before your very eyes, especially during the final 30 minutes or so. None of the characters are sympathetic, the backwoods setting is as cliched as ever, and you get one of the lamest legends ever told. Most of the gratuitous nudity and "violence" towards females felt misogynistic which gave the movie a slight sleaze factor by default. In that regard Creature scores I guess.
If you want entertaining boobs and rubber suit monsters stick with Humanoids from the Deep. If you want to make fun of a bad movie check out Creature. The final scene had me laughing hard because of the sheer stupidity. Things that Creature taught me:

- Your face remains clean after slipping head first out of a watery mud hole.
- If somebody shoots you in the leg you are still able to run.
- Open belt buckles mysteriously close by themselves after a few seconds.
- Backwoods Gator-Creatures can wrestle and fist fight perfectly.
- Backwoods people are filthy and practice incest (d'oh).
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  CREATURE (2011) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.