Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:34:49 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  100 Best TV Series That Only Had One Season on TV « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: 100 Best TV Series That Only Had One Season on TV  (Read 28527 times)
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 07:24:32 AM »

34) The Others (2000) thirteen episodes.  Follows a student who reluctantly discovers she has psychic powers and the group of variously-talented psychic misfits she becomes part of.  Thoughtfully presented: had a real 'true to life' feel to it, considering the premise.  Tobe Hooper directed one episode.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:36:38 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 11:10:07 PM »

35. This didn't even have a series, just a pilot episode.. pretty funny though!
Small | Large

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 09:01:24 PM »

I know they weren't everyone's cup of tea but I really enjoyed quite a bit of the two Three's Company spin-offs and recall them being quite funny at times while a little tougher slogging at others. One of these - Three's a Crowd only went one season.

36. Three's A Crowd (1984-1985): similar to the Robin's Nest spin-off of Man About the House, Three's a Crowd never quite caught on quite possibly because it just wasn't the same as its predecessor Three's Company

Small | Large

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:51:14 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pacman000
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »

In 1998 ABC decided to remake Fantasy Island.  I enjoyed it, but it only lasted 13 episodes.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2012, 06:56:12 AM »

Brimstone   _ Peter Horton  will get a reprieve from Hell if he can hunt down  the 113 souls that have escaped.  The devil is played deliciously by John Glover

The Visitor  John Corbett  returns to earth after being nabbed by  aliens in the Bermuda Triangle 50 years ago. He remains young and has the power to heal.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2012, 11:53:20 AM »

32) The Dresden Files (2007) was a lot of fun for twelve episodes.  A Chicago-based wizard as a private investigator.  Reasonably faithful to the books: it kept the story lines and general 'feel' intact.   Thumbup

Yeah, I liked that show too.  Stupid SyFy channel.

40 (?) - VENGEANCE UNLIMITED (1998-99)  The mercenary Mr. Chapel (Michael Madsen) tortures criminals with his gal pal Griffin (Kathleen York).  I still miss this show.

Small | Large

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
ChaosTheory

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2012, 05:19:18 PM »

41.  ANDY BARKER, PI - ran for about 5 episodes.  Wasn't quite as creative as Andy Richter Controls the Universe, but still really fun.  Richter just can't catch a break.

Small | Large

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Raffine

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2012, 09:59:43 AM »

33) Wonderfalls (2004) was quirky, quick, clever, VERY funny and a lot of fun.  One of the best things on TV!  The trials and tribulations of Jaye: an under-achiever with oddball family and friends who has random inanimate objects talking to her, offering cryptic comments and advice that sets all sorts of hilarious action in motion.  Hard to describe, but will not disappoint!   Greatly missed: one season was not enough

that was a great, quirky show. If I remember correctly it ran for several episodes and was put on 'temporary hiatus', never to return. I believe a DVD set of the complete one season was released.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Raffine

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2012, 10:10:09 AM »

You can now officially add:

42) Alcatraz

43) The River

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2012, 12:23:50 PM »

THE FLASH.  Cheesy, but fun.  I'm not sure John Wesley Shipp was the best choice to play Barry Allen/The Flash.  But he was decent.

Small | Large

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2012, 07:53:43 AM »

33) Wonderfalls (2004) was quirky, quick, clever, VERY funny and a lot of fun.  One of the best things on TV!  The trials and tribulations of Jaye: an under-achiever with oddball family and friends who has random inanimate objects talking to her, offering cryptic comments and advice that sets all sorts of hilarious action in motion.  Hard to describe, but will not disappoint!   Greatly missed: one season was not enough

that was a great, quirky show. If I remember correctly it ran for several episodes and was put on 'temporary hiatus', never to return. I believe a DVD set of the complete one season was released.

Indeed it was Raffine.  We bought the set (ostensibly a gift for our eldest, but we all watch it) and keep a cow creamer next to the computer.   Wink  We live about an hour from the Falls: we dream of one day having our own Wax Lion!   BounceGiggle

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2012, 11:58:34 PM »

I loved The Flash...surprised I forgot to mention that one myself. Kinda surprising the show didn't take off like the later Lois & Clark did. I recall being surprised they went with the Barry Allen version of the Flash over the Wally West one back when the series started.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2012, 01:08:15 PM »

Speaking of superhero series, I recall enjoying these two:

45) RoboCop: The Series (1994): granted it was toned down quite a bit from the films but still there's a surprising amount of clever parody and satire of the corporate world. Many of the villains actually felt a bit more similar to Dick Tracy yet I thought the show was fun.

Small | Large

46) M.A.N.T.I.S. (1994-1995): An unusual superhero series in that it takes a wheelchair bound Carl Lumbly and turns him into a superhero via a special exoskeleton suit (not too dissimiliar from Iron Man) that also gives him enhanced abilities.

Small | Large

66Crush
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2012, 02:21:51 AM »

46) Tales of the Gold Monkey (1982-83)

Yeah, it was an Indiana Jones rip-off but I liked it.

Small | Large
Pacman000
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2017, 03:47:04 PM »

47) Kolchak: The Night Stalker

How did we miss this?

48) Blondie - In the 50's Hal Roach Jr. produced a show based on the long running comic strip and movie series. Funny, but only lasted one season.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  100 Best TV Series That Only Had One Season on TV « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.