Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:40:52 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What is the Worst Company in America? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What is the Worst Company in America?  (Read 4109 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: April 05, 2012, 07:51:21 PM »

Consumerist recently did a bracket where it took the worst companies America has the offer and pit them against each other to see which was the worst.  EA, a video game publisher, took first place beating out Bank of America and even AT&T.  The full listing can be found here:

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/worst-company-in-america-2012-final-death-match-bank-of-america-vs-ea.html

So, since everyone has their own different experiences with companies, I'm curious.  What do you consider the worst company in America, whether it be their shady dealings all the way to their costumer service?

It's hard for me to pick.  Wal-Mart, Comcast, and Activision are such good choices...

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 09:51:08 PM »

I'd disagree on Wal mart. I don't shop there myself but lots of people do and they seem happy with it. I'd put Goldman, CITI, JP Morgan amd BofA at the top, far above anyone else.
moregore
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 02:52:11 AM »

Dell Computers?

✌Shop my Horror, Monsters and Halloween auctions!✌

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 06:40:47 AM »

That thing with EA is just kind of comical.  One of the "reasons" they're voted worst is that they buy small independent developers - as if they're forced to sell their companies, and as if adding new talent to your own company is a bad thing.  And selling games that need patches after they're released - good grief, Bethesda gets the crown as far as that's concerned.  Fallout 3 was a buggy mess, Bethesda released DLC that had corrupt files and had to be taken off the market;  Fallout New Vegas was such a mess it was basically unplayable until Bethesda came out with the mega-patch 6 months after release;  the PS3 version of Skyrim was screwed up so Bethesda only made PC and Xbox 360 versions available to reviewers prior to launch - I mean, c'mon, that's outright fraud for chrissakes.

Not to mention that they're giving out a "worst of 2012" award when we're barely a quarter of the way into the year.

I actually sort of respect EA.  They made a basketball game, and when it was nearly finished and within a few weeks of being released, they decided it wasn't good enough and canned it.  I'm sure they lost millions - if not tens of millions - on that, and I can't think of any other publisher that would do something like that.  Once again, Bethesda released a game called "Rogue Warrior", with a two-hour campaign and a big 28/100 Metacritic rating.  No thought of canning the thing at all - they managed to get $60 from a lot of poor suckers on that.  

And they talk about how EA nickels and dimes their customers to death - as if that's worse than Netflix doubling their prices   Lookingup

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:57:06 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 07:21:33 AM »

Platinum Dunes...

Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 08:50:37 AM »

A few years ago I would have said Verizon.  It took 9 months, dozens of telephone calls to customer service, and ultimately a letter to the President of Verizon before they corrected a telephone bill screw up.  At one point, they even turned off my phone.  Bastards.  But I haven't had any major problems with them since then.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jim H

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 12:22:20 PM »

And selling games that need patches after they're released

The bigger issue is there's significant evidence of EA yanking content out of games pre-release to later sell as DLC.  That annoys the hell out of everyone.

I'd say you have a very good point about Bethesda though.  They've had PS3 versions of games sold that were so flawed a return to store would be warranted.  Selling a defective product is definitely worse than an incomplete one.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 01:09:19 PM »

And selling games that need patches after they're released

The bigger issue is there's significant evidence of EA yanking content out of games pre-release to later sell as DLC.  That annoys the hell out of everyone.

Capcom does that all the time, from Resident Evil 5 to Raccoon City and most recently Street Fighter X Tekken.  They even go so far as to say that they see no difference between on-disk DLC and actual DLC.   

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 04:44:32 PM »

That thing with EA is just kind of comical.  One of the "reasons" they're voted worst is that they buy small independent developers - as if they're forced to sell their companies, and as if adding new talent to your own company is a bad thing.  And selling games that need patches after they're released - good grief, Bethesda gets the crown as far as that's concerned.  Fallout 3 was a buggy mess, Bethesda released DLC that had corrupt files and had to be taken off the market;  Fallout New Vegas was such a mess it was basically unplayable until Bethesda came out with the mega-patch 6 months after release;  the PS3 version of Skyrim was screwed up so Bethesda only made PC and Xbox 360 versions available to reviewers prior to launch - I mean, c'mon, that's outright fraud for chrissakes.

Not to mention that they're giving out a "worst of 2012" award when we're barely a quarter of the way into the year.

I actually sort of respect EA.  They made a basketball game, and when it was nearly finished and within a few weeks of being released, they decided it wasn't good enough and canned it.  I'm sure they lost millions - if not tens of millions - on that, and I can't think of any other publisher that would do something like that.  Once again, Bethesda released a game called "Rogue Warrior", with a two-hour campaign and a big 28/100 Metacritic rating.  No thought of canning the thing at all - they managed to get $60 from a lot of poor suckers on that.  

And they talk about how EA nickels and dimes their customers to death - as if that's worse than Netflix doubling their prices   Lookingup

the only game series I like from EA is NFS. other than that, they suck TongueOut

As far as gaming goes, Capcom is up there, say with Marvel Vs. Capcom 3; not to mention that some Youtube accounts were deleted because of what Capcom does
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 07:07:28 PM by El Toro Loco » Logged

yeah no.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 05:19:28 PM »

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 04:28:02 PM »

Now there's a blast from the past!

Capcom does that all the time, from Resident Evil 5 to Raccoon City and most recently Street Fighter X Tekken.  They even go so far as to say that they see no difference between on-disk DLC and actual DLC.   

OH yeah, Capcom is really getting bad with this DLC stuff.  I believe in a fan vote, they were recently voted the second worst video game company, just losing out to Activision.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 07:09:49 PM »

hmm, seems that EA won, yet I believe that this is mostly based on gamers point of view, since the Rolling Stones did an article on BofA: Warning: Political Warfare isn't allowed on this:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/bank-of-america-too-crooked-to-fail-20120314

yeah no.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 07:30:54 AM »

Now there's a blast from the past!

I used to work there

my boss tried to convince me to drop out of school to sell their overpriced crap....while recruiting victims at my college

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 12:06:57 PM »

Monsanto.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 12:59:53 PM »

In the last two years Comcast in our area has been crazy for the customer service.  They have won back a lot of my lost loyalty for being competent polite and accomodating.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What is the Worst Company in America? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.