Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:16:14 AM
714231 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  CellPhones « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CellPhones  (Read 3399 times)
Swordmaster1982
Dedicated Viewer

« on: April 06, 2012, 07:13:13 PM »

Hi how many hate these things?Thats all u ever see anymore.Most annoying thing is when u go in a public place and someones got one up to their ear.Makes u wanna break them over their head lol.I am 40 and never had one and never will.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 11:47:16 PM »

I hate 'em. What's most disturbing is how seriously addicted to them some people are, especially teenagers. It's like they spend more time texting on their phones than they do actually talking to real people sometimes. And then there's the folks that talk on their phones while working. Focus on your damn job already.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
claws
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 12:22:55 AM »

I'm thinking about getting one so I can take better quality pics. My pc cam makes the worst pictures.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 07:05:15 AM »

I hate 'em . . . but mostly I hate the people who feel the need to use them every minute of every day.  I see people backing out of their driveways with their cell phones pressed against their ears.  You haven't even been out of the house for 30 seconds and you already need to get on the phone?  And people walking around the mall texting.  Pick up your head and watch where you're walking!  In the supermarket . . . "Hi Doris . . . should I get Cheerios or Special K?"  In the gym?  Stop this f**king madness.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 07:24:56 AM »

I had a cheap one that I never used, so after it sat in the bedroom for about a year my wife figured I didn't like it, so she bought me a cooler one that flips open like a Star Trek communicator.  I think it's got a camera and stuff on it - there's a little round thing on the front that I assume is a lens.  I think you can even get on the internet with it.  I dunno, when I start pressing buttons on it all I get is a calendar.

Oh well.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 08:24:11 AM »

I'll admit, I'm a hopeless cell phone junkie.  BUT I haven't bumped into anyone, and I do not EVER text while driving.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 11:06:11 AM »

I will also admit I have no problem with them.

I recently got an iPhone and I have to admit I dig it. I wouldn't consider myself addicted, however. I don't do much talking on it, and 90% of my texting is with my wife, and half of that is "can you pick up milk and juice on the way home?" I would say most of my use of it is music and apps.

I don't hold the feeling that cellphones are the bane of humanity as some do, but I can see some problems with it. My problems with mobile devices have more to do with manners than anything else. If I am spending time with somebody then they have my attention, and I don't let my mobile device intrude. When people don't have manners then I get annoyed. If they do, then I don't.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 01:36:00 PM »

I'm not a fan, mostly because I am not convinced having one is absolutely essential and it is so annoying to be told over and over that I MUST have one.  For emergencies, fine, but from what I have seen, 99% of the use they get is pretty low priority stuff.  People say to me, " But what if someone calls you and you are working in the barn?"  That's what the answering machine is for, folks.   Lookingup  The only use I would have for one is to be able to recall my husband who tends to wander off and disappear for several hours at a time, usually browsing in the grocery store (seriously: he browses food aisles they way other people do book/movie/music stores) or just gabbing with people he meets.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Vik
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 02:57:25 PM »

I don't really mind cellphones, I just dislike a lot of people who use them.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 09:17:02 PM »

I hate 'em. What's most disturbing is how seriously addicted to them some people are, especially teenagers. It's like they spend more time texting on their phones than they do actually talking to real people sometimes. And then there's the folks that talk on their phones while working. Focus on your damn job already.

This. I absolutely hate how when a person's phone rings it's as if every call they get is a life-or-death emergency, always more important than the people they are actually with at the time. Try this sometime: when the phone of a person you're talking to rings, just ignore it and keep on with the conversation. More likely than not they CAN NOT handle it and have to answer their phone. It's even better when they've set it down and you are between them and their phone. You can see that many simply can not handle the idea they can't pick it up immediately, you can see a wave of "I don't care about THIS conversation any longer" come across their face and they anticipate whoever is on the phone.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 04:32:02 PM »

Don't own one. Never will.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Swordmaster1982
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 11:03:16 PM »

I agree.I dont have one and i could care less about having one.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 07:42:59 AM »

A few months back I was at a training conference with Marines I rarely see in person.  A few of us went out for dinner together.  Just trying to have a conversation was like pulling teeth.  Finally ate my dinner and watched the others play games on their smartphones or have conversations with people elsewhere.  When asked about doing some together again later I immediately turned down the opportunity.  No thanks

If I'm with somebody, then that's who I want to be paying attention to and actually be "with." 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pacman000
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 10:41:24 AM »

I usually use my cell phone to take pictures...so you can talk on it? Wink
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 12:29:38 PM »

I had no real interest in them until after our Mom's stroke and she still lived at home. The ringing of a phone made her nervous and jumpy so we got cell phones that we could put on "vibrate". Now she lives in a nursing home but I've gotten so used to having it that I'm always using it. Plus I like having the camera always available.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  CellPhones « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.