Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:27:48 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Worst stuff on tv? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Worst stuff on tv?  (Read 14979 times)
Swordmaster1982
Dedicated Viewer

« on: April 10, 2012, 04:26:50 PM »

Whats your list of worst things on tv?Mine are 90% of so called Reality Tv.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 04:35:23 PM »

Are we talking currently on TV at this time and or stuff from the not too distance past?  If we are talking currently, Jersey Shore and what ever else it spawned from its hellhole.  If we are including stuff that ended not too long ago, H8r.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 05:09:47 PM »

all daytime TV
Swordmaster1982
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 07:54:40 PM »

I mean anything current but could mean of the last 10 years probably.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 05:13:51 AM »

I'll agree with reality programming.
Also-American Idol,So You Think You Can Dance,Dancing With the Stars,and other such tripe.
And as Lester said-most daytime tv-Maury,Steve Wilco,Bill Cunningham-uhg.
 "And the DNA/lie detector results are-"

Screaming bloody murder ensues.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 12:46:22 PM »

Reality shows
sleazy talk shows like Maury,Springer,etc.
most lame programming that passes itself off as comedy
Dancing with the Stars
American Idol

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 03:54:05 PM »

reality TV and TMZ

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Swordmaster1982
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 04:39:37 PM »

Speaking of Maury and Jerry Springer.Why dont have different kinda topics anymore like they used to?Same idiotic crap on Springer and Whos The Father on Mauey day after day.I have cared for either one of those crap shows in over 10 years.Also what happened to fun talk shows like Rikki Lake,Sally Jessie,Jenny Jones and such?Seemed they all died around 2001-02.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 05:06:42 PM »

Speaking of Maury and Jerry Springer.Why dont have different kinda topics anymore like they used to?Same idiotic crap on Springer and Whos The Father on Mauey day after day.I have cared for either one of those crap shows in over 10 years.Also what happened to fun talk shows like Rikki Lake,Sally Jessie,Jenny Jones and such?Seemed they all died around 2001-02.

You are correct. I can't find what Rikki Lake is up to, but Jenny Jones' talk show lasted only from 1997 to 2001. And her last appearance on TV was in 2006 on "The View." Sally Jessie Raphael has done somewhat better. Even though her talk show only lasted from 1990 to 1991, but she seemingly has made a good living appearing as herself on TV, since then. Her last confirmed appearance as herself is in the documentary "Evocateur: the Morton Downey Jr. Movie," which has completed filming and is scheduled to be released later on this year.
Swordmaster1982
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 12:21:15 AM »

I think Sally Jessie went wayyy longer than 1 year.Her show went thru most of the 90s into early 2000s.
Flangepart

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 05:17:38 PM »

Now 'Best' TV? Mutch shorter list.
Pains me to say it...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 01:52:10 PM »

I think Sally Jessie went wayyy longer than 1 year.Her show went thru most of the 90s into early 2000s.

And you are correct. Actually, the "Sally Jesse Raphael Show," then shortened to "Sally," actually begain on October 17, 1983, in first run syndication, and continued on to sometime in 2002. These dates coming from wikipedia.org.

I first got my information from imdb.com, which actually had the correct dates, which I just misread.

And that is a karma for you for pointing out my error.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 02:24:13 PM »

Commercials, duh.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
voltron

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 07:57:53 PM »

The Voice blows. Jerry Springer turned into a lame "I cheated on you with..." type deal. I used to like the show years ago when it dealt with more offensive topics. Maury's endless DNA s**t should be axed. TMZ and all the entertainment shows suck. I used to watch Seinfeld reruns religiously, but up until the past few months I'm not as into it anymore. It's been said before, but I think the Simpsons peaked about ten years ago. The newer episodes make me kinda sad, really. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm so f**king bored with TV lately it's not funny. Nowadays I'm more into listening to music and/ or creating my own music and watching good/bad movies more than ever.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
akiratubo

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 10:44:34 PM »

Everything I see on TV currently is bad.  And I mean really bad, so bad that it offends me deeply as a human being that anyone, anywhere, would dare try to peddle this s**t to me as entertainment.

Hell, suddenly crap like the Fred videos on YouTube seem like bastions of artistic integrity in comparison to the crap on TV.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Worst stuff on tv? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.