Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:52:54 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Sword And Sorcery and Mad Max Books? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sword And Sorcery and Mad Max Books?  (Read 3554 times)
Swordmaster1982
Dedicated Viewer

« on: April 12, 2012, 12:18:19 AM »

Hi does anyone know if there are any books on all the 1950s-90s Sword and Sorcery/Sandal movies and all the Mad Max type apocalytic type films?Just book/books dedicated to those kind of films?thanks
Swordmaster1982
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:26:38 AM »

Anybody know?
Swordmaster1982
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 06:39:12 PM »

Shame noone has ever made a book on all these cool films.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 03:30:30 PM »

Fiction or non-fiction?

I know there was a whole series of paperbacks written and published to tie-in with Kevin Sorbo's "Hercules" and Lucy Lawless' "Xena," when those were on the air.  I know, because I have several of them. (And when I say I have them, I have them boxed up and in storage, which makes them inaccessible at this time.)

There was also a paperback tie-in, based upon the script, written and published to tie-in with "Clash of the Titans," when it was first released to theaters. Not the remake, but the original version, as there again, I have a copy of it. And in the same place as my "Hercules" and "Xena" books.

And while I do not have a copy of it, there was a comic book version of "Hercules Unchained," which was pubished to tie-in with the release of the film. Which is how I first became acquainted with the film.

As for Mad Max . . .

I don't know about the first two films in the series, but as for the third film "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome." as was done in those days, there was a paperback tie-in, based upon the script, which was written and published to tie-in with the release of the film. As there again, I have a copy of it, which is sitting with all the other paperbacks I have mentioned.

As for non-fiction books, I do believe there have been books published on the subjects of Kevin Sorbo's "Hercules," "Xena," and the sword and sandal films of the decades mentioned. Though, I don't remember any of the titles and/or the authors involved, at this time.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 05:21:08 PM »

Try Edgar Rice Burroghs or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Both excellent writers who  invented the genre.
Good reading! Lotsa fun. Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 10:33:47 PM »

RC, we are you responding to this guy? Don't you remember that he hates you?  Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Sword And Sorcery and Mad Max Books? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.