Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:27:29 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Logan's Run TV series now on DVD « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Logan's Run TV series now on DVD  (Read 3623 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« on: April 13, 2012, 07:01:46 AM »

Just noticed this show is now out on DVD.  I remember watching it as a kid - quite the pile of cheesy goodness  Thumbup

Small | Large

Pew pew pew!

Here's a link to it on Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Logans-Run-Complete-Gregory-Harrison/dp/B006MFQ4OS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334318259&sr=8-1

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 01:27:36 PM »

Loved the film...don't actually remember a lot about the series. Maybe I need to get this one and refresh my memory.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Frank81
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 01:59:05 PM »

Movie was good, TV was pretty  cheesy, but, anything is  better than the garbage produced  today.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 04:35:12 PM »

This series was awful . . . but I watched it anyway when it was on.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 12:32:25 AM »

I had a serious crush on Heather Menzies then and I still do.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 04:51:53 PM »

I watched it, maybe because I was such a fan of the movie.

I don't remember who said this, and he may have said it, because of the lack of competition on TV, but he said he enjoyed the show, because it was one of the more scientifically accurate sci fi shows on TV.

And does anybody have any word on what happened to the remake of the 1976 film? Other than that it is "in development?" One of the more interesting things I think, if there is a remake, is that like in the book, the age of termination will be 21, instead of 30 like it was in the original film and TV show.
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 05:18:39 PM »

I love 70s SciFi, and especially made for TV movies and TV shows.

I liked shows like Ark II, Planet of the Apes, and Logan's Run.

I've got to get me some of these shows to watch again. Since I haven't seen these since they originally aired, I might well see them in a different light today. But heck, TV and us were different then; they didn't have budgets to produce much more than a Sesame Street program, TV was network TV and not hundreds of channels, and we were kids and ran around like we were the 6 Million Dollar Man. TeddyR

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »

I love 70s SciFi, and especially made for TV movies and TV shows.

I liked shows like Ark II, Planet of the Apes, and Logan's Run.

I've got to get me some of these shows to watch again. Since I haven't seen these since they originally aired, I might well see them in a different light today. But heck, TV and us were different then; they didn't have budgets to produce much more than a Sesame Street program, TV was network TV and not hundreds of channels, and we were kids and ran around like we were the 6 Million Dollar Man. TeddyR

I bet you would love Space: 1999 then, if you don't already.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 06:04:34 PM »

I bet you would love Space: 1999 then, if you don't already.

I've seen it, but I've never been a fan of it. When it was on, being young as I was I wasn't drawn to it, it being more of a story intensive show that I found to drag. If it came on today I'd watch it...despite the date element and the ridiculous premise of the moon breaking free from its orbit.

I guess 1999 for some didn't have some of the elements that other shows did which attracted young viewers.

Logan's Run had Heather Menzies, and that's about all the show needed that was important to a pre-teen boy; Barbara Bain didn't have the same appeal by that time.

Planet of the Apes had those apes from the movies and guns, and that's about all it needed.

Ark II was just super awesome! It had a flying jetpack and the coolest recreational vehicle. TeddyR

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 06:17:07 PM »

I've ordered this one although I recall it being pretty cheesy yet I also recall it being fun to watch. I also love 1970s Sci-fi fare especially the Planet of the Apes TV series. I haven't seen Ark II yet but I'd imagine I'd probably like that as well. I do have a soft spot for The Starlost, a Canadian series from the 70s that was particularly bad yet showed small sparks of brilliance on rare occasions.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Logan's Run TV series now on DVD « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.