Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:14:48 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bubba Ho-tep on IFC's Grindhouse « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bubba Ho-tep on IFC's Grindhouse  (Read 2592 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: January 06, 2007, 07:18:20 PM »

Caught Bubba Ho-tep on IFC last night. This is my first time viewing this movie and I wasn't disappointed.

Even though the movie is sort of slow moving, Bruce and Ossie's performances are worth it. Bruce Campbell embodies the depressed older Elvis, a man who has given up on life until something strange starts happening at the Shady Rest Convalescent Home.

I really enjoyed this movie, especially Bruce's narration as Elvis. This is an extremely quotable movie.

"How could I have gone from the king of rock'n'roll to this? An old guy in a resthome in East Texas with a growth on his pecker."

"s**t! Get old, you can't even cuss someone and have it bother 'em. Everything you do is either worthless or sadly amusing. "

"I felt my pecker flutter once, like a pigeon havin' a heart attack, then lay back down and remain limp and still. Of course, these days even a flutter was kinda reassurin'. "

"The revealing of her panties wasn't intentional or unintentional. She just didn't give a damn. She saw me as so physically and sexually non-threatening, she didn't mind if I get a bird's eye view of her love nest. It was same to her as a house cat sneaking a peek. "

Don't forget Ossie Davis as Elvis's friend and mummy fighting partner JFK.

IFC is running a series of explotation and horror movies every Friday night at midnight eastern time.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 09:17:16 PM »

I rented Bubba Ho-tep awhile ago and really enjoyed it myself. Like you pointed out very quotable. Great  movie overall. Thumbup

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

dean

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 09:37:07 PM »

Yeah I enjoyed it to, but what I found funniest was the audio commentary track of Bruce Campbell playing Elvis giving a commentary track.  Hehehe

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 12:21:13 AM »

Tis an awesome movie indeed. Sadly, it did not seem to catch on so well with any of my friends. My girlfriend enjoyed it though.... odd......  TeddyR

I liked this movie so much once I got my claws on it, that I sunk 20 bucks into getting an autographed soundtrack CD and grabbed a movie poster as well! I wonder if "Bubba-Nosferatu" will ever get greenlit......

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 02:31:31 PM »

Truly an unrecognized classic.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 02:36:52 PM »

I almost expected to see some naysayers. I have this on DVD and pop it in once in a great while. It is far from a perfect movie, but it is entertaining and delightfully dark in places. It definitely looks and feels like a Don Coscarelli film, with such strange applications of humor.

And then there's Bruce Campbell as Elvis.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 03:14:30 PM »

I almost expected to see some naysayers. I have this on DVD and pop it in once in a great while. It is far from a perfect movie, but it is entertaining and delightfully dark in places. It definitely looks and feels like a Don Coscarelli film, with such strange applications of humor.

And then there's Bruce Campbell as Elvis.
There's really two kinds of reactions you can have to this movie. 

On one hand there are the people who immediately turn away s soon as you mention "old Elvis fights a mummy".

On he other hand, there are the people that just get more and more excited the further you explain it.  Old Elvis fights a mummy! With a black JFK as his sidekick!  starring Bruce Campbell!  and the Mummy wears a cowboy hat!  Awesome! 

It doesn't leave much room in the middle for people that think they might want to watch it but end up not liking it. 

tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 12:28:18 PM »

This film is a lot of fun. Smile

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 02:59:53 PM »

Gotta love this one. Lotsa fun.  Thumbup

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bubba Ho-tep on IFC's Grindhouse « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.