Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:09:36 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  When did you join the BAD MOVIES forum? And why? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: When did you join the BAD MOVIES forum? And why?  (Read 18042 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 08:22:27 AM »

Aw man thats a tough one since the 'change' but I think it was sometime in the early 2000s.  If I'm right in my guesstimate I'd say I discovered this place my first year out of school in 2003.  I think I was searching for movie wav files and it spitballed from there...

I remember getting home from work/uni and as it was my homepage it would be my first port of call whenever I logged online.  It curls my toes thinking of some of the stupid stuff I've said/posted over the years, and as much as I don't hop on enough [or probably discuss movies enough] I can't excise this place from my internet obsessions.

This forum is also pretty much the only one I visit.

Fantastic place all round!   Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 10:14:53 AM »

It curls my toes thinking of some of the stupid stuff I've said/posted over the years...

As well ours reading it...Gigli lover. Twirling

Menard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 10:18:39 AM »

I'm surprised the date I joined is not inscribed on a plaque of lament. TeddyR

We are blocking it out.

BounceGiggle

Me and Menard both got stuff blocked out this weekend!
I'm so proud.
Not really.  Bluesad

He meant it humorously saying that they are mentally blocking out the memory of me joining the forum. Wink TeddyR

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 01:07:32 PM »

I joined April 2007.  Menard directed some of the SciFilmers over here when that forum shut down. 

Why do I keep getting blamed for this? TongueOut...
Because I love you even more than you love meTeddyR

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 04:11:47 PM »

I joined January 2007 but really only started being a regular after Gerry shut down the scifilm.org forum (yeah I'm another former Scifilmer) although I lurked on here long before that and was reading Andrew's reviews as far back as 1999. Menard was a semi-regular at scifilm back in the day too and I recall a few other badmovies regulars over there including Andrew, Trekgeezer and BoyScoutKevin. Yeah I checked out this site at Menard's suggestion (and he's basically made fun off of many of my posts ever since I think) after trying a few other sites as well including Sinster Cinema's board and the CHFB but they didn't feel quite right to me. I'm still a regular on and off at the Wormboard too but that place is sadly quiet for the most part. This place seemed to fit with me just wanting to relax and have more fun posting online. I used to be pretty serious once upon a time I guess. Truth be told, my memory is also not what it was and I have a job nowadays to recall as many details about what I've watched in the past unless it's fresh or maybe I've just gotten more stupid, I don't know.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 04:15:21 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 01:01:27 AM »

... Yeah I checked out this site at Menard's suggestion (and he's basically made fun off of many of my posts ever since I think)
I'm sure you're right.   

...Truth be told, my memory is also not what it was and I have a job nowadays to recall as many details about what I've watched in the past unless it's fresh or maybe I've just gotten more stupid, I don't know.
I can assure you have not gotten anymore stupid.   Thumbup Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 01:14:16 AM »

...Truth be told, my memory is also not what it was and I have a job nowadays to recall as many details about what I've watched in the past unless it's fresh or maybe I've just gotten more stupid, I don't know.
I can assure you have not gotten anymore stupid.   Thumbup Smile

That's right, Jase...you're just as stupid now as you were then. TongueOut

Wink

dean

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 04:01:04 AM »

It curls my toes thinking of some of the stupid stuff I've said/posted over the years...

As well ours reading it...Gigli lover. Twirling

Oh shut it you  TongueOut

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Flangepart

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 08:27:15 AM »

Oh, wow...
It was in 04, methinks. Found it on the
The Bad Movie Report. From there I discovered Andrew and ken. And I've been entertained ever since! Thumbup

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
andrehny
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 08:58:16 AM »

I joined Bad Movies today.
I'm an old visitor, always impressed with the movies that you guys rescues from the bottle of the trunk, but never joined before for some reasons:
1) i'm a f**king brazilian, with poor english skills
2) i'm f**king lazy (or just a very busy guy with no time at all)
3) i think the first two are enough

but, here I am, a bad movie lover trying to make some freak friends around the world.
You'll need a little patience with me... sometimes i can sound f**king illiterate. Lookingup

cheers

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 09:05:25 AM »

You'll need a little patience with me... sometimes i can sound f**king illiterate. Lookingup

You should know that is not a problem here.    Wink  Welcome!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
andrehny
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 09:37:59 AM »

You should know that is not a problem here.    Wink  Welcome!

This is great.

I'm feeling at home  Drink

Menard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 11:06:36 AM »

...sometimes i can sound f**king illiterate. Lookingup

That's okay...that hasn't stopped anybody else from posting here. TeddyR

tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2012, 01:41:40 PM »

I joined back in September 2011 at the urging of my husband,Alan Hopewell. He knew that I was a big fan of bad movies and thought this would be a great place to hang out. He was right! I've been on a good number of message boards and this one is fun and active....and people remain civil and quite friendly. Plus it's nice to talk to folks with such a genuine affection for "bad cinema". Wink

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 02:32:53 PM »

I joined back in September 2011 at the urging of my husband,Alan Hopewell. He knew that I was a big fan of bad movies and thought this would be a great place to hang out. He was right! I've been on a good number of message boards and this one is fun and active....and people remain civil and quite friendly. Plus it's nice to talk to folks with such a genuine affection for "bad cinema". Wink

Back in '10, I Googled "bad movies" and got this address. I've thoroughly enjoyed myself since, with movies, but also with the stimulating conversation / debate that goes on.

Tracy, Frank81 and I used to belong to another board, which I won't dignify by naming. After a while, what had been discussions became, from a lot of the folks, whining, finger-pointing, and PC nonsense; on top of that, the site was given over to a schmuck who seemed to delight in alienating everyone who didn't genuflect whenever his shadow fell over cyberspace.

I dig this place, and the folks therein.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  When did you join the BAD MOVIES forum? And why? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.