Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:17:44 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Reporter undergoes ‘unnecessary’ transvaginal ultrasound toframe abortion debate « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Reporter undergoes ‘unnecessary’ transvaginal ultrasound toframe abortion debate  (Read 56661 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2012, 12:59:46 PM »

I'm not an engish major

BounceGiggle

Neither am I, nor would I imagine that there are a wealth of them on the boards. However, I'm confused. Do you mean that you are not an English major in the college degree sense, or that you are not a Major in the English Army?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Frank81
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2012, 01:00:39 PM »

I'm not an engish major

BounceGiggle

Neither am I, nor would I imagine that there are a wealth of them on the boards. However, I'm confused. Do you mean that you are not an English major in the college degree sense, or that you are not a Major in the English Army?

Both. TeddyR
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2012, 01:11:32 PM »

Personally, I believe with our founders that the first duty of government is to defend the lives, liberty, and property of its citizens.  That includes unborn life. 

Shouldn't the US get rid of the death penalty then.  Question

Im not very good at this baiting thing...
That's a bit of irony there,my friend....I am very much against abortion but for the Death Penalty. As Frank pointed out,one is innocent life and one has been convicted for a crime and sits on death row. I've had a number of folks call me a hypocrit for this particular stance but I must politely disagree.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2012, 02:20:31 PM »

So, it becomes a futile exercise of everyone preaching to the choir and making the same arguments over and over again.
This thread has become futile, and played out. Even I know that.
Flick, you surprise me, you didn't think the abortion debate would be  solved  on a  thread  on a badmovies message board? Wink  It will never  be solved  because their  is no solution like the majority of  human problems they fester, huge war eradicates  populace and/or disease, rinse/repeat.
Your commentary is very often negative and disturbing.  Or violent.  And the word is "there" not "their".   Bluesad
Wlell, we live  in a disturbing world, btw, your spell check is annoying, but, thanks, THERE is  always one on these message boards, makes them feel superior.  I'm not an engish major, but, the 'Or Violent', doesn't sound like a complete sentence? Smile  I do apologize for not being more entertaining for  you, but, I am not violent, I point out violence and how it will beget more violence. But, I have never killed anyone, not that they didn't deserve it.
One therefore would be "him" not "them".   Wink  "Or violent" would be an ejaculation and not subject to the rules of a sentence.  And I never feel superior; but I will own annoying.   Y'see, you're trying to be clever.  I'm just trying to annoy you.  TeddyR

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Frank81
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2012, 02:42:21 PM »

So, it becomes a futile exercise of everyone preaching to the choir and making the same arguments over and over again.
This thread has become futile, and played out. Even I know that.
Flick, you surprise me, you didn't think the abortion debate would be  solved  on a  thread  on a badmovies message board? Wink  It will never  be solved  because their  is no solution like the majority of  human problems they fester, huge war eradicates  populace and/or disease, rinse/repeat.
Your commentary is very often negative and disturbing.  Or violent.  And the word is "there" not "their".   Bluesad
Wlell, we live  in a disturbing world, btw, your spell check is annoying, but, thanks, THERE is  always one on these message boards, makes them feel superior.  I'm not an engish major, but, the 'Or Violent', doesn't sound like a complete sentence? Smile  I do apologize for not being more entertaining for  you, but, I am not violent, I point out violence and how it will beget more violence. But, I have never killed anyone, not that they didn't deserve it.
One therefore would be "him" not "them".   Wink  "Or violent" would be an ejaculation and not subject to the rules of a sentence.  And I never feel superior; but I will own annoying.   Y'see, you're trying to be clever.  I'm just trying to annoy you.  TeddyR

I thought you were speaking from a group home. TeddyR  Please, no ejaculations  before dinner. BounceGiggle
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2012, 07:42:28 PM »

If I may make one point, in response to what Doggett raised earlier (and stepping over most of the posts since . . .)

My opposition to abortion and my belief in the inherent justice of the death penalty are BOTH rooted in my firm belief in the sanctity of human life.  I realize that may sound absurd on the face of it, so I'll try to explain:

Almost any property can be replaced.  Houses can be rebuilt, gadgets can be repurchased, even my artifact collection that I have spent 35 years finding - if it was stolen tonight, I'd start a new collection tomorrow.
But a human life is irreplaceable.  So for one who wantonly, cruelly takes human lives for no purpose other than their own amusement can only atone for the irreplaceable lives taken by yielding their own in return.  It is the oldest and most universal principle of human jurisprudence.

I do recognize that their are problems and inequities in the way American administers the death penalty (sometimes). I would like to see these issues properly addressed.  But for the most heinous of criminals - for the Gacys and Bundys and bin Ladens of the world - the death penalty remains a balanced and symmetrical act of justice that is the only true atonement for the evil they have done.

In my humble (but correct) opinion, that is.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2012, 08:22:21 PM »

...I thought you were speaking from a group home. TeddyR  Please, no ejaculations  before dinner. BounceGiggle
I knew you'd like it if I used the word "ejaculation". 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2012, 05:10:02 AM »

Personally, I believe with our founders that the first duty of government is to defend the lives, liberty, and property of its citizens.  That includes unborn life. 

Shouldn't the US get rid of the death penalty then.  Question

Im not very good at this baiting thing...
That's a bit of irony there,my friend....I am very much against abortion but for the Death Penalty. As Frank pointed out,one is innocent life and one has been convicted for a crime and sits on death row. I've had a number of folks call me a hypocrit for this particular stance but I must politely disagree.

Of course, unless that criminal is a zombie, the person is very much a living human.
Its seems strange that to show people that killing is wrong, the punishment is to kill them.

Oh, the irony...

But a human life is irreplaceable.  So for one who wantonly, cruelly takes human lives for no purpose other than their own amusement can only atone for the irreplaceable lives taken by yielding their own in return.  It is the oldest and most universal principle of human jurisprudence.

All human life is irreplaceable.
Even the nasty ones. I can understand wanting someone dead but when you've caught them and locked them up and they're no longer a danger to society. Why kill?

An eye for an eye isn't really a principle. It just makes us all blind.

That person on death row is still a child to someone. Im not saying like the criminal, or even forgive. Just lock them up and throw away the key.

Just an opinion.
Not on a soapbox or anything.

Smile

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2012, 06:19:41 AM »

It's a legitimiate opinion shared by many - but I respectfully disagree.
A monster like Gacy, who can never be rehabilitated, needs to be put down.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Frank81
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2012, 09:54:43 AM »

...I thought you were speaking from a group home. TeddyR  Please, no ejaculations  before dinner. BounceGiggle
I knew you'd like it if I used the word "ejaculation". 

It just seems  to fit the answers  I've  been getting to my posts.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2012, 12:04:23 PM »

My thoughts exactly. Smile

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2012, 12:29:23 PM »

My thoughts exactly. Smile

The Bible says that where innocent blood is shed (murder) then blood is called for.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2012, 12:30:44 PM »

So it's turned into a debate about capital punishment now?

Lookingup

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2012, 12:33:02 PM »

As much as I love the ability to have these discussions, and as many stimulating ones I have had with the likes of Indy, I'm beginning to see Andrew's point.

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2012, 02:07:51 PM »

So it's turned into a debate about capital punishment now?

Lookingup

My fault...

And the bible say a lot of things.

I'm pretty sure the only rules meant for man that came from God were the ten commandments. Thou shall not kill. There were no exceptions to it. God didn't write a PS saying its okay to kill if they're really rotten. I know the bible is full of stories and ideas how man should live so I'm cutting to the chase a bit and saying when all is said and done, really only Gods law is important and as a Christian, I can't see kling as an answer. Only forgiveness.

Typing on iPhone is so hard!!! It's like Jack watching BAywatch. Lol

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Reporter undergoes ‘unnecessary’ transvaginal ultrasound toframe abortion debate « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.