Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:19:54 AM
714201 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Bugs Bunny « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Bugs Bunny  (Read 14281 times)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 01:31:44 PM »

Bugs is our "every man" type....Mickey,and I like Mickey,is the "Happy Go Lucky" one. Some days I definitely feel more like Bugs. Smile

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 06:56:07 PM »

I grew up on Bugs and the Looney Tunes gang and to me they still represent the Gold Standard of cartoon comedy.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 07:25:43 PM »

I'm not a Disney hater (save almost everything done after the early 60's), but it's more what Mickey represents compared to what Bugs represents for us all. :P

That's pretty much what I thought you meant, hence the karma. I don't hate Mickey either, but if I had to vote between Mickey and Bugs as an American spokes-toon, Bugs would certainly get mine.

lol.. OK, Now, I'm saying wait, what..? 

Which part?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 09:12:06 AM »

Another amazing Daffy episode from the 40's. Daffy toons from the 40's were quite different than those from the 50's where he was the target of Bugs. This one is not a well-known one, which is surprising considering how hilarious it is.

Small | Large

JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 11:08:21 AM »

You should seek out Looney Tunes Golden Collection. It's quite a few volumes. I don't have any, but I've been thinking of starting to collect them. From what I can see, it is about as complete a collection of all the classics, unedited, as you're likely to find.

The Golden Collection sets are fantastic!  While they haven't even come close to getting them all out there yet, the ones that they've released look the best that they have (or at least that I've seen) and the are loaded down with special features.  I also like that, while indiviidual discs within the sets are sometimes devoted to a single character or pairing, each overall set provides a pretty wide variety.  Now, I think they're also putting them out on blu ray...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 12:03:21 PM »

Another amazing Daffy episode from the 40's. Daffy toons from the 40's were quite different than those from the 50's where he was the target of Bugs. This one is not a well-known one, which is surprising considering how hilarious it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ayIyC2HQUk

I've always loved the song he sings at the start of that.  I haven't watched that episode in at least a decade and I can still remember the words to it.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 06:37:20 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ayIyC2HQUk

I've always loved the song he sings at the start of that.  I haven't watched that episode in at least a decade and I can still remember the words to it.

I know. Me too.  Thumbup

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 09:55:33 PM »

I grew up on Looney Tunes. Daffy Duck is my favorite of them all. Marvin the Martian is up there too.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 04:38:54 AM »

Why didn't Pete Puma not have more than one appearance?
 He made only one appearance in  the original shorts-1952-after that-no more. Too bad. He was hilarious.
Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 09:17:04 AM »

That's a great one. WB would try out certain characters and some would stick and some wouldn't. It's not unlike Beaky Buzzard who appeared in a few:

Small | Large

or Charlie Dog:

Small | Large

JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 09:40:02 AM »

Why didn't Pete Puma not have more than one appearance?
 He made only one appearance in  the original shorts-1952-after that-no more. Too bad. He was hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tcmbg8-Zow&feature=related

Actually, what's funny too is that, until you said it, I assumed he was definitely in quite a few of the shorts.  I guess that goes to show the impression that he made!

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Frank81
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 11:50:42 AM »

I'm not a Disney hater (save almost everything done after the early 60's), but it's more what Mickey represents compared to what Bugs represents for us all. :P

That's pretty much what I thought you meant, hence the karma. I don't hate Mickey either, but if I had to vote between Mickey and Bugs as an American spokes-toon, Bugs would certainly get mine.

lol.. OK, Now, I'm saying wait, what..? 

Which part?

Well, Bugs is a wise guy/teenager, whereas, Mickey is child- like/kid, so I don't see how the two can be compared?
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 11:56:01 AM »

Bugs, at least in the hands of Chuck Jones, Tex Avery, Friz Freleng, Frank Tashlin, Bob Clampett and the like, is a real living, breathing character.
Mickey was always a corporate mascot from the very beginning. At best, a framing device for funnier and more interesting characters.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Frank81
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 12:05:28 PM »

Bugs, at least in the hands of Chuck Jones, Tex Avery, Friz Freleng, Frank Tashlin, Bob Clampett and the like, is a real living, breathing character.
Mickey was always a corporate mascot from the very beginning. At best, a framing device for funnier and more interesting characters.

Coporate  mascot?   Question  Walt Disney's creations early  on were not part of any corporate  scheme, but, rather  an attempt to break  away from the  then corporate  control of Universal, Walt  Disney and  I think the name was Ub Werks?  In any event, Bugs has long ago become a corporate  mascot selling everything from War  Bonds to kids  sneakers
Pacman000
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 12:25:15 PM »

Disney was kindof forced into using mickey as a mascot.  He wanted to make cartoons that didn't star Mickey (like The Skeleton Dance), but no one would buy them.  To get people to buy them he added "Mickey Mouse presents" to the title card.

Mickey had more personality in his early shorts.  Once he became popular they toned it down to avoid offending people.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Bugs Bunny « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.