Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:33:43 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Unsolved Mysteries « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Unsolved Mysteries  (Read 5152 times)
claws
« on: April 25, 2012, 03:46:01 AM »

Know any good ones? Please share. I'll start with the Dyatlov Pass incident. I found this only because Renny Harlin is making a movie about it.

The Dyatlov Pass incident resulted in the deaths of nine ski hikers in the northern Ural mountains on the night of February 2, 1959. It happened on the east shoulder of the mountain Kholat Syakhl (Холат-Сяхыл) (a Mansi name, meaning Mountain of the Dead). The mountain pass where the incident occurred has since been named Dyatlov Pass (Перевал Дятлова) after the group's leader, Igor Dyatlov (Игорь Дятлов). The lack of eyewitnesses has inspired much speculation. Soviet investigators determined only that "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths. Access to the area was barred for skiers and other adventurers for three years after the incident. The chronology of the incident remains unclear because of the lack of survivors.

Investigators at the time determined that the hikers tore open their tent from within, departing barefoot into heavy snow and a temperature of −30°C. Although the corpses showed no signs of struggle, two victims had fractured skulls, two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue. Their clothing, when tested, was found to be highly radioactive.

Full story at wikipedia
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 05:20:04 AM »

Know any good ones? Please share. I'll start with the Dyatlov Pass incident. I found this only because Renny Harlin is making a movie about it.

The Dyatlov Pass incident resulted in the deaths of nine ski hikers in the northern Ural mountains on the night of February 2, 1959. It happened on the east shoulder of the mountain Kholat Syakhl (Холат-Сяхыл) (a Mansi name, meaning Mountain of the Dead). The mountain pass where the incident occurred has since been named Dyatlov Pass (Перевал Дятлова) after the group's leader, Igor Dyatlov (Игорь Дятлов). The lack of eyewitnesses has inspired much speculation. Soviet investigators determined only that "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths. Access to the area was barred for skiers and other adventurers for three years after the incident. The chronology of the incident remains unclear because of the lack of survivors.

Investigators at the time determined that the hikers tore open their tent from within, departing barefoot into heavy snow and a temperature of −30°C. Although the corpses showed no signs of struggle, two victims had fractured skulls, two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue. Their clothing, when tested, was found to be highly radioactive.

Full story at wikipedia

Missing her tounge-sounds like the thing that happened with the cattle mutilations in the states some 20 odd years later. Cows would be missing specific parts-udders,tounges,and specifeclly cut patches of hide.
Thing is-UFO abductions in 1959 were before the infamous 1961 Betty and barney Hill case.

Example:
.Private First Class Gerrry Allen-March 2nd-1959.
http://www.appalachianghostwalks.com/us-ufo-center/ufologist/booth/irwin1.html

Quite a few reported encounters with "alien" sightings that went wrong-
.the Kelly,Kentucky case:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly-Hopkinsville_encounter

Now There may be any number of explanations for this kinda stuff-me-I keep an open mind-but it is so widley reported-I'm left thiking something very unusual is going on.
 Here is a smidgen of only the most famous cases-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UFO_sightings

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 06:18:26 AM »

You have to mention the Marie Celeste case!  Most famous abandoned ship in history!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 07:58:00 AM »

that Dytlov Pass Incident is really weird, there is even a website dedicated to it but it's in russian, can't remember the name of it

how about Fredrick Valentich... disappeared never to be seen again while in an aircraft over australia , radioing ground control saying there's a strange craft circling him...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Valentich

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 08:29:24 AM »

www.ultimateholidayplanner.com/Articles/CultureHeritage/Ghosts_And_Hauntings_In_SA.html

Buggedout

There are a few here which make me go  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 09:09:14 AM »

You have to mention the Marie Celeste case!  Most famous abandoned ship in history!

The Mary Celeste case is one of the greats. There truly is no satisfactry explanation for that one. Here's the wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Celeste

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 09:17:44 AM »

The Lake Bodom multiple homicide in Finland happened in 1960 and remains unsolved. The seemingly obvious suspect, the sole survivor of the attack, has been charged before, but there was never enough evidence to convict him.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 01:03:30 PM »

Hi
I love the story concerning Kasper Hausen,
who was he? why were there several attempts on his life?

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 01:23:35 PM »

Take your pick....

http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=31908

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 02:22:23 PM »

The Taman Shud case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taman_Shud_Case
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 03:23:24 PM »

Full story at wikipedia

A lot of it sounds like a textbook case of a group of people dying of hypothermia. Even the missing clothes fits that explanation since many hypothermia victims experience the feeling of extreme heat (hypothermia does all sort of weird things to your mind while it kills you). The no-tongued woman is simple enough to explain: scavenging animals go for very soft tissues first, and if her mouth was open, well...The weird tan on the bodies? They'd be out in the sun on the snow for some time before they were found, and bodies start turning weird colours pretty shortly after death.

http://unitedcats.wordpress.com/2008/02/28/the-dyatlov-pass-accident/

Even though what happened seems to have just been a sad accident, I wouldn't be irked if the movie just ignored the facts and made a story about aliens or super-secret Soviet testing. I mean, hell, why let the (highly probable) truth get in the way of a good story?
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 03:36:59 PM »

A lot of it sounds like a textbook case of a group of people dying of hypothermia. Even the missing clothes fits that explanation since many hypothermia victims experience the feeling of extreme heat (hypothermia does all sort of weird things to your mind while it kills you). The no-tongued woman is simple enough to explain: scavenging animals go for very soft tissues first, and if her mouth was open, well...The weird tan on the bodies? They'd be out in the sun on the snow for some time before they were found, and bodies start turning weird colours pretty shortly after death.
How do you explain them being radioactive?
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 03:57:30 PM »

The Mary Celeste case is one of the greats. There truly is no satisfactry explanation for that one. Here's the wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Celeste

wasn't it most likely to be alcohol fumes being burned, so every one abandoned ship? Question

anyways, here's mine-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentich_Disappearance
creepy, eh? Buggedout

yeah no.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 05:25:42 PM »

How do you explain them being radioactive?

That one gets a tad tricky since the original documents disappeared (thanks Soviet Russia for making what was probably just an accident seem like a cover-up), but there is enough to suggest that that may have been added later (as tends to happen through re-tellings of already odd stories). I'm just saying that a group of hikers freezing to death seems much more likely than some kind of weird government experiment or something.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 12:30:35 AM »

Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

That creeped me out in a big way.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Unsolved Mysteries « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.