Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:15:22 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  This question I bet NONE of you can answer. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: This question I bet NONE of you can answer.  (Read 9767 times)
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 10:28:12 AM »

Zombie #1

Could you edit that down to just one Gumby? That's a whole lot of scrolling to have to go through as it is.

Is this thread worth scrolling through?

I'd presume by your reply the answer to your own question is "no", but there are others on this board who would prefer to make that decision for themselves and not have it made for them...just sayin'.

In fairness, I didn't make the decision for them - I asked the question, which then allows them to make that decision for themselves.  just sayin'...

No, you did not make the decision, you just asked and I answered.

I suppose, but not really (mine was a pretty clear yes or no question).  Your reply certainly came across as accusing me of deciding for everyone that this thread was NOT worth scrolling through.  If I read it wrong, then so be it (but I don't think I did).

It was not my intention to accuse you. You just simply asked if the thread was worth scrolling through in response to me asking Zombie #1 to edit the reply. Obviously you had made your decision that it was not and so had Zombie #1, but myself and I presume others (and you can accuse me of presuming) had not made that decision.

Believe what you want to believe, though. If I come off as an a$$hole...that's only because I am one. TeddyR

JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 10:55:18 AM »

Zombie #1

Could you edit that down to just one Gumby? That's a whole lot of scrolling to have to go through as it is.

Is this thread worth scrolling through?

I'd presume by your reply the answer to your own question is "no", but there are others on this board who would prefer to make that decision for themselves and not have it made for them...just sayin'.

In fairness, I didn't make the decision for them - I asked the question, which then allows them to make that decision for themselves.  just sayin'...

No, you did not make the decision, you just asked and I answered.

I suppose, but not really (mine was a pretty clear yes or no question).  Your reply certainly came across as accusing me of deciding for everyone that this thread was NOT worth scrolling through.  If I read it wrong, then so be it (but I don't think I did).

It was not my intention to accuse you. You just simply asked if the thread was worth scrolling through in response to me asking Zombie #1 to edit the reply. Obviously you had made your decision that it was not and so had Zombie #1, but myself and I presume others (and you can accuse me of presuming) had not made that decision.

Believe what you want to believe, though. If I come off as an a$$hole...that's only because I am one. TeddyR

Same here, so it's all good!  In fact, "I'm an a$$hole" was the first thing I used when my wife first asked me to describe myself when we first met...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 11:47:05 AM »

Any of you remember a film call Johnny Got His Gun? 
No, but I know the book. 

But here is the question.  Do any of you know beyond a shadow of a doubt how modern medicine treats patients like these? 
No.  None of us here know beyond a shadow of a doubt.  There are always extenuating circumstances to consider in special cases such as this.   

There.  I answered your questions.  And you didn't think I could do it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 11:53:57 PM »

The book was written around 1930 by Dalton Trumbo as an expression of the futility of war - an idea that drove the great pacifist movement of the 1930's.  When World War II broke out, Trumbo himself granted permission for the government to censor the book - like many 1930's pacifists, he realized that one-way pacifism was a sure ticket to global fascist domination.

It is perhaps the most depressing book ever written in the English language.  I knew Metallica had done a video based on it, but I was not aware there was a movie . . .

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 12:06:06 AM »

Have I ever read the book? no.
Have I ever seen the movie? No.

It is perhaps the most depressing book ever written in the English language.  I knew Metallica had done a video based on it, but I was not aware there was a movie . . .

here the song-
Small | Large

yeah no.
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 10:53:16 AM »

I had seen the movie 20 years ago.  It was a very disturbing film to say the least.  I have one favorite part.  Its the part towards the end of the movie when the patient is nodding his head in morse code, expressing his wish to die. I remember the general turned to the chaplain to ask him for some inspirational words to give the patient.  The chaplain turned to the general and said "He's a product of YOUR profession.  Not mine."  I like that part because that chaplain was putting that twisted general in his place.  I also liked the part later when they all leave the room saved for the nurse.  The nurse, being the caring and sympathetic woman she was, clamped his breathing tube and held his chest down so his diaphram wouldn't be able to draw in more air, even though she had clamped his breathing tube.  I thought that was the saving grace for the film.  But that twisted general came in, pulled her away from the patient and removed the clamp.  To this day, I am thoroughly disgusted with that.  That's why I call that general twisted.  All he did was increase that patient's suffering exponentially.  That is why I rate Johnny Got His Gun as a bad movie.  The ending was terrible.

Now if there is any reality flaws in Johnny Got His Gun, I see only 2.

The patient being able to feel the vibrations of footsteps on a hard masonry floor while on a bed.  First off, hard masonry doesn't vibrate very much.  And with a human or several humans walking on it, the vibrations wouldn't go anywhere, even if the people were 300 pounds each walking with hard-soled shoes.  Another problem was the patient was able to feel the vibrations while on a bed with a mattress.  Even if the floor were made of wood which would permit vibrations to go longer distances, he still wouldn't feel them.  Because his mattress would absorb them.

Another problem I see is the patient making quick use of his tactile senses just days after becoming the way he is.  This guy has spent most of the 20 years of his life relying on his sight, hearing and sense of smell.  He used his tactile senses very little during those years.  If you and I were put in this guy's place it would take many years to learn this, and not only learn it, but for the body to grow the tactile nerves to enhance your tactile sense.  In reality, all he would feel are the nurses touching his chest, that officer tapping morse code on his forehead, and the sunlight on his exposed parts or as its heating up his coverings a little.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 11:00:24 AM »

For anyone who wants to see it, the movie is on Netflix instant streaming...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 11:10:07 AM »

The nurse, being the caring and sympathetic woman she was, clamped his breathing tube and held his chest down so his diaphram wouldn't be able to draw in more air, even though she had clamped his breathing tube.  I thought that was the saving grace for the film.  But that twisted general came in, pulled her away from the patient and removed the clamp.  To this day, I am thoroughly disgusted with that.  That's why I call that general twisted.  All he did was increase that patient's suffering exponentially.  That is why I rate Johnny Got His Gun as a bad movie.  The ending was terrible.

So if JOHNNY GOT HIS GUN had a "happy" ending you'd rate it as a good movie?

Actually I think the main problem with JGHG is that a lot of the acting is terrible, particularly by a young Timothy Bottoms. Part of the problem is that Trumbo insisted on directing himself even though he had no experience. It could have been a masterpiece with a more accomplished director and a different lead.

The best scene is when he hallucinates Donald Sutherland as Christ trying to give Johnny advice. I think that must be the bleakest moment ever put on film.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2012, 04:10:57 AM »

I Think its a great book and a great film.
And Weenie Woffer made you guys fight each other.  Bluesad
f**k him.

Small | Large

Wired Wizard-Does this kinda s**t make you happy?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 04:30:38 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2012, 08:43:32 AM »

I agree it's a great book and (great but flawed) movie.

But I don't agree WW made us fight each other.

His posts are pretty weird but surprisingly enough the topics often start decent discussions.

Don't let him get under your skin RC! How can you take him so seriously?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2012, 09:33:21 AM »

I agree it's a great book and (great but flawed) movie.

But I don't agree WW made us fight each other.

His posts are pretty weird but surprisingly enough the topics often start decent discussions.

Don't let him get under your skin RC! How can you take him so seriously?

Likewise, why do you let a guy like WW have so much power over you? He's been around long enough to have earned the right to be here, whatever annoyance he may be to you or me, and he IS an annoyance.  BounceGiggle

Anyway, I look at this site a little like a family, and like the saying goes, there's one in every family.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2012, 01:27:22 PM »

Anyway, I look at this site a little like a family, and like the saying goes, there's one in every family.

I think I've seen this family in movies, the likes of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hills Have Eyes.

Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2012, 01:32:14 PM »

I think I've seen this family in movies, the likes of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hills Have Eyes.

BTW, I understand your position on the other thread, Menard. My thing is, I don't see the need to let a guy like WW get on one's nerves. You made the salient point that RC's thread served little purpose but to feed whatever need WW has. WW can post whatever it wants, and we can feel free to make fun of it, as many of us do. I don't see a problem with this arrangement.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  This question I bet NONE of you can answer. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.