Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:04:20 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  This question I bet NONE of you can answer. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: This question I bet NONE of you can answer.  (Read 9703 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: April 26, 2012, 07:37:20 AM »

Any of you remember a film call Johnny Got His Gun?  This film that was based on a novel by Dalton Thrombo the Government tried to censor because they feared it would severely lower military drafts.
Well this film revolved around a guy who after being hit with a howitzer, lost his limbs and face.  He had to live his life (if you call that a life) in a military hospital wearing a mask to cover his horrible disfigurement.  Only getting nourishment though tube feeding.

Now I can't imagine anyone being forced to live that way.  This guy was not able to enjoy life by any stretch of the imagination.  The decent thing the hospital could do was let him die.  But they didn't.  By their twisted reasoning, they were forcing him to live.

Now I know this is based on any real event.  And I have never read anything about anybody being forced to live this way.

But here is the question.  Do any of you know beyond a shadow of a doubt how modern medicine treats patients like these?  I've tried to ask medical professionals, but they are either uncomfortable answering the question, won't answer the question or just evade it.
Good luck answering it.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 07:59:29 AM »

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 08:10:23 AM »

A long response zombie #1, but I don't get the point, and WyreDick...the answer is simply a society and government still attached at the hip to archaic religious ideals of it is more godly to let someone suffer than to end their suffering...as suffering is part of their penance for being human.  Lookingup

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 08:21:17 AM »

Zombie, please don't ever do that.

WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 08:32:52 AM »

A long response zombie #1, but I don't get the point, and WyreDick...the answer is simply a society and government still attached at the hip to archaic religious ideals of it is more godly to let someone suffer than to end their suffering...as suffering is part of their penance for being human.  Lookingup

Menard, are you talking old societies and old ways of thinking?  Because I have noticed over the years that government and modern medicine have did things that try to LIMIT human suffering.  Governments try to limit human suffering by toppling dictatorships like the Taliban, Saddam Hussein and many others.  Modern medicine limits human suffering with the use of pain relievers, pain suppressors, anesthetics, sedatives and symptom blocking drugs.

Very interesting answer, Menard, TYVM.  You make a very good debater.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 08:47:58 AM »

Zombie, please don't ever do that.
sorry dude. I've been sent sideways by an overdose of WyreWizard. Future transmissions may be sketchy. Pray for me.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 08:54:56 AM »

I would assume that doctors would treat Johnny the same way they would treat a patient in an irreversible coma---i.e. if he had no living will his next of kin would decide whether to take extraordinary measures to keep him alive with no hope of recovery. I think WW actually poses a slightly interesting question of medical ethics. I'll ask a doctor next time I see one. Maybe Zap will chime in.

If you don't want what happened to Johnny to happen to you, get a living will.

By the way, WW, your signature contains many reality flaws. For example, I have never been offered a choice between "phantom fears and kindness that can kill." Who would even offer me such a choice? "Some celestial voice"? "Celestial" means "from a star," and stars don't even have vocal cords to form a simple syllable! These kinds of reality flaws are the reason I hate 99.9% of modern lyrics.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 09:25:32 AM »

Zombie #1

Could you edit that down to just one Gumby? That's a whole lot of scrolling to have to go through as it is.

JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 09:47:47 AM »

Zombie #1

Could you edit that down to just one Gumby? That's a whole lot of scrolling to have to go through as it is.

Is this thread worth scrolling through?

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 09:54:44 AM »

Zombie #1

My post is great!  Bluesad

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 09:55:46 AM »

Zombie #1

I'd presume by your reply the answer to your own question is "no", but there are others on this board who would prefer to make that decision for themselves and not have it made for them...just sayin'.

JayJayM12
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 09:57:09 AM »

Zombie #1

My post is great!  Bluesad

Actually, yeah, that's true - I must admit that I hadn't read it yet when I asked that.  I saw it was a Wyre post and figured it was nonsense followed by people pointing out that it's nonsense.

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
JayJayM12
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 09:58:09 AM »

Zombie #1

I'd presume by your reply the answer to your own question is "no", but there are others on this board who would prefer to make that decision for themselves and not have it made for them...just sayin'.

In fairness, I didn't make the decision for them - I asked the question, which then allows them to make that decision for themselves.  just sayin'...

Menard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 10:07:18 AM »

Zombie #1

In fairness, I didn't make the decision for them - I asked the question, which then allows them to make that decision for themselves.  just sayin'...

No, you did not make the decision, you just asked and I answered.

JayJayM12
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 10:11:19 AM »

Zombie #1

No, you did not make the decision, you just asked and I answered.

I suppose, but not really (mine was a pretty clear yes or no question).  Your reply certainly came across as accusing me of deciding for everyone that this thread was NOT worth scrolling through.  If I read it wrong, then so be it (but I don't think I did).

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  This question I bet NONE of you can answer. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.