Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:52:25 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The worst of the worst of 2011 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The worst of the worst of 2011  (Read 5073 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: April 27, 2012, 11:03:47 AM »

Hey there, badmoviephiles.  I don't have the list this year so I'm asking all of you your picks for the absolute worst movies of 2011.  I don't remember seeing too many bad trailers in 2011.  I surfed the net for them, but all I get are very conflicting lists.  One said The Smurfs was bad even though I found its trailers amusing.

Here are the rules:

The Movie's release date must be between Jan 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011.  With multi-year movie projects, if their finish and release dates are between those dates, they are acceptable.

Second:  This rule is completely optional.  But I would appreciate it if you give movies that had trailers on network or cable TV.  You don't have to follow this rule, but I would appreciate it if you did.

Now pepperoni pizza, barbecue chicken, french fries and coca-cola (or pepsi) for everyone!

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 11:14:25 AM »

Start here. By now people have probably seen some others.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 11:20:04 AM »

Topper Returns (1941)

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pacman000
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 12:32:47 PM »

Now pepperoni pizza, barbecue chicken, french fries and coca-cola (or pepsi) for everyone!

Shame on you! You left out Dr. Pepper.   Wink
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 02:43:17 PM »

I just want to give Wyre props here for posting like an actual human being.  Good job, WW.  Didn't know you had it in you. 

Honestly though, this year has been bad for me movie wise, so I can't really contribute much. 
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 05:11:29 PM »

Probably SKYLINE.  I think that was 2011.  Whenever it was, it sucked beyone all imagining.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 05:48:35 PM »

Immortals.   Hatred

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 06:22:47 PM »

I don't think I saw ANY movie that came out last year.

Except, on dvd, I saw The Smurfs.

It was enjoyable enough, considering it being a live-action version of a thirty year old cartoon based on a fifty year old comic-strip from Sweden.

I was tempted to see Alvin & The Chipmunks 3, seeing as I enjoyed the first two films.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 07:26:45 PM »

Shame on you! You left out Dr. Pepper.   Wink

::Goes to Pacman000's house and leaves on the doorstep about 200 cases of Dr. Pepper.

Any questions?

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 07:42:42 PM »

hands down the worst movie of all time Bucky Larson ---- which I somehow finished

Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 07:47:22 PM »

It depends on what genre of worthless schlock you're referring to. If it's comedy, then it's got to be a tie between Bucky Larson and Jack and Jill. Even though I've seen neither of them, I'll wager large amounts of money that they are among the worst of the worst.

As for the worst I've actually seen, I admit to my shame that I saw The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1. I think I am one of the few here that actually find them entertainingly bad, but this one wasn't even that. It was bad in a way that made me feel dirty.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 01:07:49 PM »

Kinda late but....

The Dark Lurking

More mainstream films:

Watched last year but released sometime earlier-

Piranha 3D - probably under 5% as entertaining as the advertisers tried passing it off as.

Watched this year but released during the last year-

Super 8 - Despite the director and producer having histories making good character-driven stories, they apparently forgot how to

Other-

Had Tron: Legacy been released during 2011 I would've considered that the "winner"
66Crush
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 03:54:52 PM »

I thought "Super 8" was OK. However, it didn't live up to my film teacher's hype. I do like "Piranha 3D," sorry but I can't help it, it's just so bad I dig it. This movie jumped the shark so bad, I'd have to rank it alongside the "Mega Shark" series, which I love.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 11:15:17 AM »

From what I remember watching, GREEN HORNET still tops the list, but THE HELP  and EXTREMELY SMARMY & INCREDIBLY TWEE were also pretty terrible.

For sheer wasted potential though, the worst movie I saw from 2011 was COWBOYS & ALIENS.  I don't know how they managed to mess that up.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Hammock Rider

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 11:35:51 AM »

I'm gonna say Cars 2 and Country Strong. Come on Gwenyth, you ain't Country.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The worst of the worst of 2011 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.