Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:39:56 PM
714319 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Invasion of the Bee Girls (1973) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Invasion of the Bee Girls (1973)  (Read 3238 times)
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 29, 2011, 06:37:35 PM »

"What strange erotic force is taking over the women of Peckham County?"

Just over 20 years ago in Australia, one of our tv channels got into a routine of broadcasting some truly awesome 70's movies in the deep hours of the night and early morning.  Invasion of the Bee Girls was one of them.  I enjoyed its campy and surreal feeling back then, but only recently got a copy on DVD.  I watched it last night was even more impressed and wondered why this gem had not been released for such a long time.  It was even better than I remembered!

"What orgasmic ritual unlocked the hidden sexual appetites of these women?"

Victoria Vetri, better known back in the day as Playboy Playmate Angela Dorian, stars as a librarian-chic scientist who is caught up in a series of mysterious deaths.  All victims are men, all are seemingly killed by 'sexual overexertion'.  And an enigmatic scientist in another department, played by former Price Is Right model Anitra Ford, appears to be involved.

"What changed them from ordinary housewives into ravishingly beautiful women?"

Warning: Trailer NSWF! (edited to add this!)

Small | Large

"What bizarre secrets threaten every man in town?"

This movie is just too cool.  An outlandish plot involving genetic manipulation, the use of obvious villains who are still unsuspected of these unspeakable acts, low budget special effects, a perfect plot excuse for lots of women to get naked on a regular basis, and pseudoscientific dialogue that almost seems plausible but really isn't.  And the soundtrack!  Sheer 70's goodness!

How can you go past a movie populated with sinuously gyrating women with that awesome 70's hair and massive Jackie O sunglasses?  How could you pass up a sexy striptease by Anitra Ford or the disrobing of an entranced Victoria Vetri?

This movie was released on DVD as 'Graveyard Tramps' for some peculiar reason.  Invasion of the Bee Girls is just so much more accurate and evocative of the movie's feel.  Apparently the Graveyard Tramps transfer is terrible, too.  I have the MGM Midnite Movies double feature DVD along with Invasion of the Star Creatures, and the transfer, while not perfect, is decent enough.  The sound is good, and it even has subtitles!  The trailer you see here is the only special feature included with the DVD, but that's cool.

As an aside: Victoria Vetri was recently sentenced to nine years in prison for the attempted shooting murder of her partner!  It seems that they had an argument which ended when she produced a handgun and shot him in the chest!

As another aside: can anyone please recommend more movies like this one???  It's got campy fun factor, sexploitation feel, groovy 70's vibe and is nice and light.  I'd be very grateful for suggestions!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 08:56:12 PM by Archivist » Logged

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 07:02:42 PM »

Not trying to be  a party pooper, but that trailer needs to be tagged NSFW! Buggedout

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Archivist

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 09:01:35 PM »

Oh yeah, sorry about that.  Now edited to add a warning of the gratuitous fondling in the first few seconds of the trailer...  Thumbup

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 03:51:56 PM »

I actually have TWO copies of this on DVD.  One in a Midnite Movies double feature DVD with INVASION OF THE STAR CREATURES! and one in a Mill Creek 50 Movie Pack.  I remember this playing at drive-ins in my area several years in a row when I was a kid.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 02:24:24 AM »

What always makes me laugh about this film is that Nicholas Meyer wrote the screenplay.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 07:09:43 AM »

I've got a couple copies of that too, one under the title Graveyard Tramps, which has terrible video quality (Is that a boob...or an elbow?) and the other in a set with Invasion of the Star Creatures, which is a vastly superior print.  It's a fun movie, full of '70s nonsense.   Thumbup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 11:56:02 PM »

Just watched this one tonight. I swear it didn't make a lick of sense but I couldn't take my eyes off of it. Hmmm, I wonder why....  TeddyR

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Invasion of the Bee Girls (1973) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.