Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:20:00 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Body Melt (B-Movies Weekly #4) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Body Melt (B-Movies Weekly #4)  (Read 3031 times)
RobFilm
Dedicated Viewer

« on: April 30, 2012, 01:30:14 PM »

This week I took a look at the ridiculous Australian schlock-fest Body Melt, and it was something special...

http://www.eatsleeplivefilm.com/b-movies-weekly-4-body-melt/
RobFilm
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 02:51:46 PM »

It's probably not a good sign when this thread gets more views than the review lol Wink ah well, such is the life of the internet blogger, a big thanks as ever to anyone who has read it and I hope you enjoyed it!
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 07:30:12 AM »

It can be discouraging, especially since reviews for older films do not seem to attract as many visitors as the newer stuff.  I'm certain that human nature is part of that.  One of the reasons people watch movies is to have a reason to talk about them.  It's more likely that others have seen more recent films, meaning people (as a whole) will gravitate toward watching those.

"Body Melt" is one of the first movies I ever reviewed, I'd bet either in 1998 or early 1999.  It's still on my list of weird movies to surprise people with.  The woman's placenta leaping out to attack her husband really stands out in my mind, even though it's probably been 2 years since I last watched the movie.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
RobFilm
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 08:02:26 AM »

Yeah you're right about newer films, but oh well, I got one person talking about Body Melt at least Wink And that placenta scene certainly won't be forgotten any time soon lol
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 08:31:25 AM »

I used to own it. Thought the gore effects were really good, but I never really felt it had much reply value. It kinda get creeped out by Aussie/New Zealand flicks (don't know why??). Sold it a few weeks ago on Ebay.

Nice review by the way, I can see you put a lot of time into it.  Smile

RobFilm
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 08:40:01 AM »

Thanks Smile and yeah all 4 of my 'B-Movies Weekly' reviews so far have taken up a lot of time lol, but hopefully worth it if people like 'em!
(the other three are all in this part of the forum if anyone's missed them!)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Body Melt (B-Movies Weekly #4) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.