Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:36:31 PM
713367 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  My Sister and I Had a Minor Accident « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Sister and I Had a Minor Accident  (Read 3951 times)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 30, 2012, 03:33:20 PM »

Or,some yahoo caused us to have one. We were about to turn right onto the street to my apartment when this young idiot in a huge Silverado pick-up started to pass us on the right....we were trying to turn right! Mary was driving and he raced up so flippin' fast that she didn't even see him until I screamed as we turned right into him. His big truck had nearly gone into the ditch to try and pass us so the collision was loud and startling. As soon as he got out he started to give Mary a bunch of lip about how it had to be our fault but Mary,in a pretty un-ladylike way,let the young punk know that he was in big trouble. While he sat pouting in his cab Mary called the cops and he apparently called his Daddy. As soon as they all showed up the kid suddenly let his cooler-headed Dad take charge. Oddly enough no one got a ticket....not even the stupid kid. The cops made us exchange insurance info and said the companies could handle it. The jerk should have gotten a ticket....our insurance lady said it seemed strange.
Luckily,all we got was shaken up and a torn fender with a broken headlight. His big old boy-toy was uninjured.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 04:16:36 PM »

Similar thing happened to me once. You should have the option of filing criminal charges yourself.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 04:54:11 PM »

Well, at least take comfort in knowing he will probably be found at fault and his insurance premiums will go up.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 06:53:29 PM »

I don't understand why this reckless driver was not ticketed. 

I am glad no one was injured. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Frank81
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 10:52:35 PM »

Glad you're OK. Tis the season, for  sunny, insane driving and it gets worse every year. In NY, yesterday, 7 were killed when a  woman driving, just here from the Dominican Republic and her 7 relatives went over a rail and into a  ditch in the Bronx. Naturally, all the local politicos found it as an excuse  to demand new construction cause the rails were  too low and the ambulance  chasers, sorry, Lawyers, descended  like the locusts, no offense  to locusts, to demand  the city be sued. Tracy, make sure you're  legally covered and  I wouldn't be surprised if this  kid has 'friends' , reason he got the kid  glove treament? Good Luck. Bluesad
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 12:05:08 AM »

Glad you're OK. Tis the season, for  sunny, insane driving and it gets worse every year. In NY, yesterday, 7 were killed when a  woman driving, just here from the Dominican Republic and her 7 relatives went over a rail and into a  ditch in the Bronx. Naturally, all the local politicos found it as an excuse  to demand new construction cause the rails were  too low and the ambulance  chasers, sorry, Lawyers, descended  like the locusts, no offense  to locusts, to demand  the city be sued. Tracy, make sure you're  legally covered and  I wouldn't be surprised if this  kid has 'friends' , reason he got the kid  glove treament? Good Luck. Bluesad
That accident in the Bronx was terrible.  Very sad, three children were killed.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 12:11:45 AM »

Be wary.  Look out for his truck or the kid himself.  He and his buddies may try to intimidate you or find out where you live so they can vandalize your property.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
tracy

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 12:51:17 PM »

Well,he was still on Daddy's insurance so now it's gonna go up. Mary talked to our insurance adjuster this morning and he said that she would have to file a claim on his insurance herself,that they didn't do it....HUH? I thought that was what they did....we file with our insurer and they handle all that. What gives? What are we paying them too bleedin' much money for? Other than our late former Guv Ann Richards stuck us with manditory car insurance so we're stuck. Oy vey! We've gotta make them do their part in this. Hatred

Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 12:56:22 PM »

Tracy, glad you and Mary are OK.  Insurance companies are such a pain in the a**!

Hold onto your dreams ....
tracy

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 12:57:38 PM »

Tracy, glad you and Mary are OK.  Insurance companies are such a pain in the a**!
You got that right....sometimes being a grown up isn't as fun as I thought it would be. TeddyR

Pacman000
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 05:36:28 PM »

I'm happy that ya'll are ok.

Sorry you had an accident.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 07:24:57 AM »

Glad you're OK, Tracy.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
tracy

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 12:20:27 PM »

Well...now it turns out that the guy's daddy is "somebody",whatever that means,and he is trying to convince the two insurance companies that it's all our fault. Sigh! Some folks are special in this world and they dump all over the rest of us. But we're not giving up! We're gonna fight for our rights whether Daddy is "someone" or not.

Pacman000
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 05:08:59 PM »

Sorry about your further troubles.  I hope all goes well. 
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  My Sister and I Had a Minor Accident « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.