Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:11:25 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Annual gardening thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Annual gardening thread  (Read 42542 times)
ChaosTheory
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2013, 11:27:45 AM »

Got peppers, tomatoes, carrots and chamomile planted this weekend.  Also put in a flower bed w/sunflowers, zinnias, and daisies.  My raspberry shrub is sending up shoots but I doubt it'll get big enough to produce any fruit this year...

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2013, 02:36:44 PM »

I've put in 4 or 5 tomato varieties,brocolli, carrots, radishes, tomatillos, melon, squash, corn, peas, and ground cherries. I had potatoes over winter and the asparagus actually did something.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2013, 03:51:42 PM »

Got most of our stuff planted - peas, beans, two kinds of lettuce, spinach, and onions.  Still need to get tomatoes and a pepper plant or two.  Once I see how much room the tomatoes take up I'll fill in the rest of the area with beans.

Couldn't plant until now because it was getting below freezing at night.  Of course right now it's 89 degrees.  Think I'm safe  Thumbup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2013, 06:36:54 AM »

Got our tomatoes planted yesterday, some more beans, a row of eggplant, and single pepper plant.  Our freezer is still full of jalapenos from last year so I think we can go kind of light on those.  Smile

So all the planting is done and now I can just do some weeding for a few months 'till harvest.  Hopefully the lawn lady won't spread grass seed all over the garden like she did last year - 5 seconds for her to shoot 'em over there, two hours for me to pull them all up.

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2013, 03:43:02 PM »

Most of our stuff is doing pretty well.  Tomatoes, lettuce, onions, eggplant, even the spinach is doing good.  We've got two little bean patches - in one almost every bean came up, in the other maybe 20% of them.  Only disappointment in the peas - out of maybe 30 I planted, 3 came up.  THREE  Hatred  I replanted a bunch more but I imagine those seeds aren't any good, I'll probably have to get another packet.  Probably replant some more beans too.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2013, 03:10:58 AM »

Ummm...... I raked my garden yesterday evening.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2013, 07:17:33 AM »

The lettuce and spinach is doing great, so we have been eating a lot of salads.  Harvested some beets the other day that was enough for two dinners.  Barely put a dent in the number of beets, so we are set on beets for the summer.  The tomatoes are looking great, and the beans, squash, zucchini, carrots, scallions, and cucumbers are doing good.  The peppers are doing OK - I don't think it is hot enough for them yet.

Garrett's strawberry patch has recovered pretty well from the vole damage, but it's been so wet that we have to pick the strawberries when they are still not quite ripe - if not they go bad before we get them.  Next year I'll try putting down the black plastic around the plants to help keep the fruit away from wet soil.

Andy's blueberry bushes are loaded with maturing berries!

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2013, 07:27:36 AM »

Nice avatar Trev...I presume you are staying on top of tending those pizza plants?

It has been wet here too.  Picked the first strawberries of the season this morning.  The other berry bushes are covered in tiny fruit...rain must be good for that at least.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2013, 08:18:57 AM »

Nice avatar Trev...I presume you are staying on top of tending those pizza plants?

BounceGiggle TeddyR

* EXCRUCIATINGLY LOUD TUMMY RUMBLES * Hmm: pizza..... I haven't eaten much at all today.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2013, 03:21:04 PM »

We have had a good strawberry season so far, brocolli is doing great and peas are almost ready.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
ChaosTheory

« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2013, 11:24:20 AM »

The radishes & lettuce are doing good.  Everything else, ehhh....

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2013, 03:48:43 PM »

Tomatoes and some beans on the right

Peas are doing okay.  Only 3 came up originally but I planted some more and most of those came up.  That's some spinach to the left.

Onions (I suppose I should thin those out), lettuce and eggplant.

Flowers.  You can just never have too many flowers.   Smile

- Paulo Coelho
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2013, 06:08:07 AM »

Jack, if those are scallions or green bunching onions you can just let them all crowd together.  The larger-bulbed type do need thinning.  Thanks to Darksider for the gift of onions a few years back that got me to try them.  Now they are a staple in our garden all year!

We have had a steady cycle of sun most of the day and then rain at night for about a week.  Our garden looks like something out of a prehistoric movie.  Over the last five days we have picked about twenty cucumbers, about the same number of zucchini and squash, and a made a huge pot of beets that barely put a dent in them.  Some of the beets are larger than tennis balls!

Blueberries are coming in, and they taste awesome.  The peppers are looking better, the tomatoes look are starting to be really laden with fruit, the beans are doing well (about 3 or 4 quarts of beans already picked), and our carrots are ready for harvest as needed.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2013, 02:54:26 AM »

Finally I got a garden in this weekend.   Very small compared to previous years but hopefully thell do well.   Just basics this year tomatos, peppers and eggplant.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2013, 02:56:58 AM »

Jack, if those are scallions or green bunching onions you can just let them all crowd together.  The larger-bulbed type do need thinning.  Thanks to Darksider for the gift of onions a few years back that got me to try them.  Now they are a staple in our garden all year!
Garden onions are amazing under the right conditions.   

Jack, the tomatos look great!

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Annual gardening thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.