Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:36:33 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Invasion of the Animal People « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Invasion of the Animal People  (Read 17241 times)
mcurwick@usa.net
« on: February 28, 2000, 09:53:45 PM »

Excellent description of this movie. Who ever wrote this review left nothing out.  I feel as
thow I've watched the movie but only spent 5
minutes sitting through it!!!
         Good work!
                         Mike C.
Brian B.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2000, 10:34:40 PM »

Oh, and I wanted to watch it...is it in Swedish or English? I speak both and I like to make fun of people in both.
Tim
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this movie for the first time just a couple of weeks ago.  Apparently there are a couple of different versions of it, but for what it's worth the original is a Swedish film entitled "Rymd Invasion i Lappland" (English translation: "Space Invasion in Lappland").  It possesses something of a legendary status among film buffs here and is very difficult to find; a friend of mind had to special order it from a movie club in Stockholm.

The original version doesn't feature any narration by John Carradine, which was apparently added by a second director when the film was released in the States.  The entire section about the mad Girl in the Nightgown and the strange references to Switzerland aren't in this version either.  Instead, the alien ship lands in Lappland and a lot of Lapps report it, and some "scientists" decide to go check it out.  Despite being filmed in Sweden, the original version is nevertheless in English, although there are a few Swedish phrases tossed in here and there; some of them, strangely enough, with thick Anglo accents (like they couldn't find anyone who spoke Swedish in Lappland?).

One of the other interesting features of the film is all the downhill skiing.  Apparently, in Lappland, it's always downhill.  For example, when the Handsome Young Scientist leaves the Girl in the cabin to go for help, he skis off down the hill;  however, when he hears her scream and returns to rescue her, he somehow manages to ski back down the hill to the cabin from which he had just skied downhill.  Very mysterious, if you ask me.

Also, I must say the director did an amazing job of robbing the movie of any semblence of dramatic tension.  The soundtrack to the film merely irritates, and close-ups of the monster's face reveal him to be bored and melancholy, rather than savage or scary.  As Mr. Fidler so accurately describes it, "The tension is completely bearable."  I couldn't have said it better myself.
David Fullam
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Watch the DVD for the orginal version "Terror in the Midnight Sun." It's a solid and interesting little sci fi film with a cool monster, beautiful locations and a brief nude scene, but Good Lord, take the Jery Warren version and flush it. I wish this hack was still alive so could smack him in the head. I don't want to hear anyone say that Ed Wood was the worst film director of all time when we have Jerry Warren movies out there. What an untalented, zero of a film maker this guy was. Frank Henenlotter was right, a Jerry Warren retrospective could only play in Hell.

And have a barf bag ready for the reindeer festival short. The gelding scene took me totally by surpsise and nearly caused a serious chunk blow.

Squishy
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I would never have given this thing the time of day without Andrew's recommendation. Director Virgil Vogel also gave us MST3K fave <I>The Mole People</I> and AMC regular <I>The Land Unknown.</I> Lapland? Sounds like the perfect double-feature partner for <I>Mars Invades Puerto Rico</I> AKA <I>Frankenstein Meets The Space Monster.</I> Coming soon: <I>Pluto Confronts Uzbekistan!!!</I> Oh, the horror.
night heron
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 09:12:38 AM »

I saw the movie with SPENCER TRACY nd FOREST TUCKER called THE ABONDIBLE SNOWMAN OF THE HYMILAYS which featured such a simpar critter as that goofy looking sasquatch and the snowman looks a little human and another dumb made for TV movie YETI and putrid KING KONG rip off featuring a silly looking yeti and a bothersome kid and his anoying dog but this sasquatch looks kind of funny
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 01:52:27 AM »

but Good Lord, take the Jerry Warren version and flush it. I wish this hack was still alive so could smack him in the head.

BuggedoutTeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Invasion of the Animal People « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.