Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:45:33 PM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Asylum is Getting Better! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Asylum is Getting Better!  (Read 4967 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: May 02, 2012, 10:51:06 PM »

Tonight I sat down and watched NAZIS AT THE CENTER OF THE EARTH.  It may not be the Holy Grail of Bad Movies, but it is pretty darn close!  Andrew, I would heartily recommend you reviewing this one for the site, BTW.  Its amazingly bad content just screams for the Borntreger treatment!  Let's see - this featured:

-A Daring escape by Dr. Mengele as U.S. forces were overrunning Nazi Germany
-Lots of gratuitous skin and tissue removal
-A huge Nazi UFO
-Flesh eating bacteria
-Nazi Fetal Stem Cell Therapy
-Lots of Nazis with rotting faces
-perky American scientists
-A giant Nazi robot with a reanimated Hitler head
-A Nazi zombie rape scene
-Nazi disintegrator ray guns
-a forced abortion by Dr. Mengele
-one random gratuitous breast shot
-exploding fighter planes
-cheesy dialogue
-And Alex Busey, the son of Gary

In short, I can't think of a single bad movie element that this film did not contain!
It also featured a trailer for the Asylum's next anticipated ripoff of a popular film: ABRAHAM LINCOLN VS ZOMBIES!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 07:36:14 AM »

I've always enjoyed films by The Asylum.  They're hit-or-miss of course, just like any other studio, but there have been plenty of them that I really liked, and plenty more that were genuine B movie fun.  Of course some are outright trash, but so are plenty of Hollywood movies for that matter. 

Always have to do one of these Lookingup when people criticize them for ripping off Hollywood blockbusters, when Hollywood itself is ripping off B movies left and right with their remake/reboot/re-imagining machine. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 03:08:31 PM »

Always have to do one of these Lookingup when people criticize them for ripping off Hollywood blockbusters, when Hollywood itself is ripping off B movies left and right with their remake/reboot/re-imagining machine. 
Personally, I give them props for being so shameless about it. 

You outright know that in most cases they aren't going to be as good, but they tempt you. 

It's like when you go to the grocery store.  You can get the Dr. Pepper, which you like or you can get the store brand "Doc Pizzazz!!!"  for a buck cheaper and take the risk. 
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 07:48:03 PM »

The Asylum only ever gets "better" around the 2nd or 3rd. Drink

That sounds like a heck of a Nazi explotation, though. Are the makeup effects at least quasi-good? If the makeup effects are good I can sit through just about anything right now.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 09:07:11 PM »

The more I reflect on this film the better I like it.  The effects were pretty cool, the Hitler Robot was downright menacing, and the giant Nazi UFO was so over the top it was awesome!  This one is a great big slice of wonderful B-movie cheese!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 09:32:07 PM »

This movie really sounds amazing. Iv'e always loved the asylum. They seem to enjoy ripping stuff off so shamelessly and they enjoy doing it.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 09:56:35 PM »

The Asylum cracks me up. I've seen an unhealthy amount of their filmography over the last couple of years and their ripoffs never fail to make me smile.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Robocop
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 02:23:09 AM »

Have seen many of there films and even own one on DVD. I can't wait to check out Alien Origin which is the cash-in on Prometheus. So by that logic, we might get 2 different versions of a prequel to Alien (1979) after all.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 02:56:06 AM »

I find it amusing that the movie Asylum decided to rip off this time was Iron Sky, a niche film if there ever was one.

The last Asylum film I watched was The Amityville Haunting, which ripped off Paranormal Activity for all it was worth. I didn't want to watch it, but I'm legally obligated to see anything with Amityville in its title.

It wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen. It was stupid and terrible, but not the worst thing I've ever seen. I wouldn't recommend it, unless you're a terrible franchise completest.

I see there's yet another Children of the Corn movie that has been made. Not looking forward to that.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Robocop
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 07:35:44 AM »

The last Asylum film I watched was The Amityville Haunting, which ripped off Paranormal Activity for all it was worth. I didn't want to watch it, but I'm legally obligated to see anything with Amityville in its title.
Really? I don't know any of the descriptive details about The Amityville Haunting but going by that tittle, it sounds like more of a The Amityville of Horror ripoff. The Paranormal Entity on the other hand was the mockbustor version that they released in conjunction with Paranormal Activity's release in 2009.
Flangepart

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 08:17:20 AM »

What, you leave it up to me to link this? The idea!

Small | Large

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 01:09:47 PM »

Really? I don't know any of the descriptive details about The Amityville Haunting but going by that tittle, it sounds like more of a The Amityville of Horror ripoff. The Paranormal Entity on the other hand was the mockbustor version that they released in conjunction with Paranormal Activity's release in 2009.

It used the Amityville name, but the "found footage" setup was pure Paranormal Activity. Ostensibly it took place in the same house, although it looks nothing like the original Amityville house.

Not a good film.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 08:43:34 AM »

I wrote a blog entry about what I felt were the best & worst Asylum flicks about a year ago:

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Enter-The-Asylum-A-Descent-into-B-Movie-Hell

I've also done a stand-alone review of "I AM OMEGA," their ripoff of "I Am Legend" starring the Iron Chef America guy.

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/It-Came-From-the-Bargain-Bin-I-AM-OMEGA-2007

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 02:57:43 PM »

-one random gratuitous breast shot

Only one.
Thats disappointing. Is it a Nazi nipple?

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Torgo

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 05:04:33 PM »

The words "The Asylum" and "getting better" shouldn't be used in the same sentence. I truly believed that if this ever occurred that there would be some kind of a rip in the space time continuum and we would all be goners!

Everything that I've seen of theirs has caused me irreparable harm to my brain and this new film looks about the same. Does Dominique Swain get naked at any point in it by chance? 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Asylum is Getting Better! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.