Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:15:14 AM
713347 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Asylum is Getting Better! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Asylum is Getting Better!  (Read 4818 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 08:55:09 PM »

I don't think so.  BTW, it was not a Nazi Nipple but a nerdy scientist nipple.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 08:59:24 PM »

I've never paid much attention to the Asylum movies until this thread.  I realized that I had an Asylum movie, though!  I Am Omega!  I bought it because I'm a big Mark Dacascos fan and it seemed like a good idea at the time.  It wasn't.

Man, the trailer to Nazis at the Centre of the Earth looks really terrible.  Did I just see Mengele rip the skin off someone's face at the very end?  Ugh!

It amazes me how the Asylum can make movies like 'Transmorphers' and 'The Day The Earth Stopped' without getting into serious legal trouble.  Do these movies even make money?

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
voltron

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 09:04:04 PM »

Does Dominique Swain get naked at any point in it by chance? 
If she does, I'm sold, no matter if the movie destroys my very soul.  Wink

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 09:50:44 PM »

It amazes me how the Asylum can make movies like 'Transmorphers' and 'The Day The Earth Stopped' without getting into serious legal trouble.  Do these movies even make money?

I seem to remember reading that 20th Century Fox, or whichever studio produced the "Day That Stood Still" remake w/Keanu Reeves, filed a cease-and-desist order against the Asylum over their "Day The Earth Stopped" flick but I don't know if anything ever came of it. Maybe the "real" studio watched the Asylum version and decided it wasn't worth going to all the lega trouble...

Also, awhile ago after Asylum's "Battle: Los Angeles" ripoff, "Battle Of Los Angeles," (note the "Of" in the title, people... totally different movie!) aired on SyFy Channel, it turned up in the On Demand offerings on my Cable TV under the new  title "Attack: Los Angeles".... I can only assume that the makers of the "real" movie must've made a few phone calls and forced a name change....

As for whether or not they make money, the Asylum's web site claims that they've never lost money on a film... most of their flicks cost less than a million (most are somewhere between a quarter million to half a million budget, I believe) so between RedBox rentals and selling broadcast rights to the SyFy Channel they seem to have got a pretty good racket going.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:54:17 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
voltron

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 10:22:33 PM »

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not familiar with The Asylum's movies. Could somebody suggest a good starting point for me?

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 11:12:10 PM »

You won't get better than the one that started this thread! TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 06:44:25 AM »

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not familiar with The Asylum's movies. Could somebody suggest a good starting point for me?

Their site is over here:  http://www.theasylum.cc/ and they've got trailers for most of their movies.

My favorite would probably be "Journey To The Center Of The Earth" with Greg Evigan and Dedee Pfeiffer.  If you like hot babes in tight tank tops, it's the mother lode.  And it's a fun B-movie. 

Small | Large

"100 Million BC" is another fun one.  Totally ridiculous but it's a fun watch.  "Shapeshifter" is kind of a cool little monster flick that I've watched several times. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Flangepart

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 08:39:31 AM »

:bouncegiggle:AMERICAN WARSHIPS!
Wow, now what movie does that remind me off, hummm?...
Shameless...but fun If you ain't expecting Shakespear. Smile

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Flangepart

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 08:31:23 AM »

Ah, the fun of it all...

http://ffn.malletspace.net/ffnstrips/2012-05-22.png

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Cthulhu

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 04:19:36 PM »

That sounds...pretty promising, actually.
Then again, the asylum would have to try REALLY hard to be worse than it already is.

Thanks for the recommendation!
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2012, 11:42:55 PM »

Mega Pirahna is my personal favorite. Tons of great Bad movie moments we all know and love without the movie being to painful.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Asylum is Getting Better! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.