Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:17:32 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Underrated Films « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Underrated Films  (Read 11190 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 09:58:13 PM »

Undercover Brother

LOVE that flick. I think I like it better than its obvious inspiration, the "Austin Powers" series.

...which is kinda odd cuz usually I find Eddie Griffin and Chris Kattan irritating as hell, but in this particular movie both of their "schticks" work for me. Go figure.

"Mess with the 'Fro... you got to go!"

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
ChaosTheory

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 05:01:58 PM »

Deathdream is awesome agree.

gillmore- have you seen Pootie Tang?

POOTIE TANG is sweet, as is the rarely-watched DIRTY WORK.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 10:57:22 PM »

Both pootie tang and dirty work are only known as the best comedy films of all time in my social circle. Underrated doesnt apply here but i can understand why foolish critics would be unable to understand this level of talent.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 08:41:09 PM »

I have.  Pootie Tang is deliciously great.

Dirty Work is a great great film.  In fact, I met Artie Lange at a local mall here in Jersey when his other film Beer League came out and he was signing copies of the film's dvd.

Undercover Brother

LOVE that flick. I think I like it better than its obvious inspiration, the "Austin Powers" series.

...which is kinda odd cuz usually I find Eddie Griffin and Chris Kattan irritating as hell, but in this particular movie both of their "schticks" work for me. Go figure.

"Mess with the 'Fro... you got to go!"
Eddie Griffin can irritate, but is much more tolerable than Kattan.  Although, in this they were spot on.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 08:48:21 PM »

Some more:
Major Payne
Half Baked
Ready To Rumble
Ed Wood*

I included Ed Wood on this list despite it's winning two Academy Awards.  Mainly due to the fact that it under-performed at the Box Office, and, despite it being a Burton/Depp collaboration, most fans of both Burton and Depp don't like this as much as other films by the duo.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 04:53:09 AM »

Oh man, so many!

Godzilla 1998 is an awesome giant monster movie. People give it a hard time because of it's deviation from the Japanese movie series but the Japanese series wouldn't have worked on the general public in 1998, and it's closer to the ORIGINAL (and best, IMO) Godzilla film than any of the Japanese sequels.

The Thing 2011 is attacked for using CG, even though a lot of the shots people anger about are mostly practical effects. You know effects are getting impressive when you can't tell the difference... There's no character as good as McReady, but it's a great old school sci-fi monster movie with some great moments not present in John Carpenter's version.

The remakes of Halloween, Friday the 13th and A Nightmare on Elm Street were always going to be given a hard time by fans, and you read all over the net people referring to them as 'abysmal' and just using some very strong words, but all three of them did a superb job of bringing their franchises to a modern audience. Halloween became more furious, visceral and psychological and Elm Street became more of a small-cast mystery a la The Ring, whilst Friday the 13th was pretty much another Jason sequel with a sort of remake at the start so that it doesn't need to rely on 30 years of 'canon' (Evil Dead 2 style). I loved all three of these and I hope to see a Halloween 3, Friday the 13th 2, Elm Street 2 etc.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 04:59:35 PM »

MIB II

It seems to have the reputation the worst sequel since time began. At least in more mainstream circles, which we're not.
I think it just suffers from being more of the same, kinda like Ghostbusters 2.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 09:15:52 PM »

Both pootie tang and dirty work are only known as the best comedy films of all time in my social circle. Underrated doesnt apply here but i can understand why foolish critics would be unable to understand this level of talent.
I think it's fair to say that "underrated" is less about critical opinion and more about audience response.  Or, specifically, what get's attention here and which films don't?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 09:18:48 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2012, 08:19:33 AM »

Sa Da tay
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2012, 12:30:15 PM »

Mega Piranha
Zorro the Gay Blade
Hawk the Slayer
Black Shield of Falworth
Pistol Whipped
Sword and the Sorceror
The Devil's Brigade
The Questor Tapes
The Astral Factor aka Invisible Strangler
Night Screams

Good choice...

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 01:56:50 AM »

Troll 2, Birdemic

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
claws
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 03:40:42 AM »

Troll 2

The low IMDb rating is unjustified because Troll 2 is most entertaining for all the wrong reasons. It's hypocrisy to praise the films genius badness in reviews, and then rate it 1/10 because Troll 2 is still a "bad movie."
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2012, 08:41:46 AM »

You know what, I actually think DEATH PROOF is severely underrated. When GRINDHOUSE first showed up, everybody thought of DP as the 'lesser half' of the film, and often talked about how it felt slow and sluggish after having watched PLANET TERROR. Well, of course, everything feels sluggish after PT, but I'd actually go as far as to say that DP is the stronger of the two films once you split Grindhouse in two, it just has a hard time working its classic Tarantino character development and buildup mojo when you've already been watching for a good 90 minutes.
Venomx73
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 11:59:15 PM »

And Then There Were None (1945) Thumbup

Small | Large
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Underrated Films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.