Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:07:38 AM
713346 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Polarising films: Dead Wood (2007) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Polarising films: Dead Wood (2007)  (Read 1410 times)
BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 05, 2012, 01:01:56 PM »

I'm not sure how helpful this would be, but perhaps talking about some films I enjoyed, films with some fans but many detractors.

They already proved not to be for everyone, but fewer fans means little positive word-of-mouth, so perhaps by writing about them here, just maybe someone might think they sound interesting, try watching (needless to say, I'd advise even interested people to rent first).

Might be helpful. Might result in people looking up films that end up boring/annoying them.

Think it's a good? Bad idea? Inform me. It's kinda pointless to continue writing if I'm not potentially helping anyone.

So here's article #1:

Title: Dead Wood

Polarising status: It's received support from the horror fandom including sites like Dread Central. It's received much hate from mainstream fans, having only a "3.3" rating on the IMDb site.

Description: The film features four young people travelling into the woods to go camping. The first half remains pretty low-key, with atypical yet spooky things happening.

Cars are deep within the woods where they couldn't have driven. They hit a deer driving in, the next day they pass a deer skeleton. IIRC, the lake they're searching for happens to be found near the camping place, where they should've noticed it. There's a mysterious visitor who tells them her boyfriend disappeared.

Then people start disappearing leaving the remaining cast searching for them though this mysterious forest.

Notes: I'd previously ignored this when seeing it in the store, but on vacation in America, staying where they had films on demand, I watched this and quite enjoyed it. I've since obtained a DVD copy.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Polarising films: Dead Wood (2007) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.