Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:09:17 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  STUFF TAKEN FROM YOU AT SCHOOL « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: STUFF TAKEN FROM YOU AT SCHOOL  (Read 12859 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« on: May 09, 2012, 12:21:59 PM »

Everyone's had this happen....you bring a cool toy or gadget to school with you, and the teacher confiscates it, generally accompianied by the statement-

"YOU'LL GET IT BACK AT THE END OF THE YEAR."

Did anyone EVER get their stuff back? I sure didn't. Various teachers have snatched from me about a dozen comic books, four slingshots, at least two cap pistols, two or three squirtguns,  magnets, magnifying glasses, marbles, toy cars, tops, and I-dunnowhatall, and I never got anything back at the end of the school year.

How about you?

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 03:10:49 PM »

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 03:05:41 PM »

Funny this comes up cuz I just told my 9 year old this story a couple of days ago, when he came home from school and told me his teacher had confiscated his favorite "Beyblade."

When I was in junior high I was famous for bringing comic books into school with me and reading them during class. I would do the classic move where the textbook would be open in my lap so it would look like I was reading the "right" book but of course the comic was open inside that. Got quite a few taken away and had to wait till the end of the school year to reclaim them from the teacher's junk drawer.

...even worse, I loaned a friend who was in another class one of my comics and at the end of the day he came up to me sadly and reported that not only had the teacher busted him for reading it, but she'd -- GASP!! -- ripped my comic in half and thrown it in the wastebasket!! Fortunately he paid me back for the comic (which was no big deal, as comics only cost 50 cents at the time).

After those experiences I learned two lessons - that I should quit bringing my comics to school, and I should NEVER loan them out to anybody!!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 12:31:36 AM »

My hat that was confiscated in 9th grade by the principal- I'm now a post High school grad, and I still didn't get back my hat! Hatred

yeah no.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 11:28:26 AM »

I had a kermit the frog attached to a rope that my 5th grade teacher took.  We used to tie our toys to kite string and put them down drain grates.

The one that gets me PO'd the most is a Mad Magazine, one of the oldest I had that was taken away by my 7th grade biology professor.    Worst part about it, I had lent it to a kid who said "I'm going to read it during class and he won't see me".  The fat f*ck ripped it up in front of the classroom.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 11:35:28 PM »

I had a kermit the frog attached to a rope that my 5th grade teacher took.  We used to tie our toys to kite string and put them down drain grates.

The one that gets me PO'd the most is a Mad Magazine, one of the oldest I had that was taken away by my 7th grade biology professor.    Worst part about it, I had lent it to a kid who said "I'm going to read it during class and he won't see me".  The fat f*ck ripped it up in front of the classroom.
No wonder yer such a cheap f**k.   BounceGiggle
               BounceGiggle TeddyR   
                       Wink   

Bluesad

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 05:29:55 AM »

No wonder yer such a cheap f**k.   BounceGiggle
               BounceGiggle TeddyR  
                       Wink  

Bluesad

I had my FAMOUS MONSTER magazine meet the same fate! Except I was so p**sed I threw my pencil (a number 2 of course) and walked out of the room!
They sent me home. My Dad beat my ass with the Belt,of course.
In fact-it was this one-

Thats ok-cuz I gotta huge monster magazine collection from the 60's and 70's now (including this one)! So nah nah nah Mr.Skolnick!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 05:38:38 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 02:33:26 AM »

Now a days its "you'll get this back at the end of class". I guess they're less strict since since we're all kinda weaker now or whatever.

I never got anything taken up, except for books a few times, Just normal ones too.

Cthulhu

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 05:08:33 AM »

My hope for humanity.
Pacman000
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 06:54:46 PM »

A dinosaur toy that came in an egg.  When you put the egg in water, the dinosaur would grow, breaking the egg.  After a few days the dinosaur would shrink back down; you could then put it back in the egg and repeat the process.  I brought it for show-and-tell, but I couldn't stop playing with it after show-and-tell.  The teacher took my toy, and would only give it back to my mom.   Bluesad
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 08:47:36 AM »

I was on the cover of the Diamond Fields Advertiser, a local paper in Kimberley when I was 5: the reporter happened to be in the area, chatted to my folks and took my picture: front page news the next day!  TeddyR This was in 1972, I gave the clipping to my teacher at school and never got the thing back.  TongueOut

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 12:17:51 PM »

I don't remember ever having any objects taken from me by the school.  Only all my hopes, dreams, and social skills. 

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 01:56:02 PM »

My virginity.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  STUFF TAKEN FROM YOU AT SCHOOL « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.