Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:21:16 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Mission: Impossible film franchise. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Mission: Impossible film franchise.  (Read 2009 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« on: May 09, 2012, 01:54:52 PM »

I'm watching the Brian De Palma 1996 film as I type and its great.

Really thrilling, without resorting to gratuitous action even though the film does come to that and thats a nice change of pace too. I love the cinematography and the soundtrack which evokes the 60s telly series. Plus Cruise is less cheesy in this than what he becomes later.

Its a great cast, a great mission in Langley, a fun last scene on the aeroplane

Suspense, thrills, excitement and Jean Reno.
What more could you want?

A solid 4/5 for me.

M:I II

Yikes.
Seriously what happened.

Small | Large

Less of a film, more of a Tom Cruise' summer catalogue (swishy slo-mo hair included).
This remains one of the very few films that I haven't seen till the end. In fact, it's pretty much this and Cathy's Curse.The love interest is awful and where is the team and suspense??? It was an American James Bond and I dont want that.
The best thing about it was the limp bizkit theme. And that speaks volumes....

Perhaps Im harsh. The last 30 mins might be awesome.

?/5 (but its probably a 1.5/5)

M:I III

More of an action sequel like the second but at least there is team based action and Phillip Seymour Hoffman is terrific as the villain. There is a mission to do and you get to see their mask  machine which is kinda cool. The gadgets and disguises are great. Not a lot of suspense but it is still leaps and bounds better then the second.
It does seem to be the Tom Cruise with others show, it would be nice to have a true ensemble cast.

3.5/5

I haven't seen Ghost Protocol so cant really comment, but I like that every entry feels different. Although I do miss the thriller aspects of the first. A film can be exciting without explosions!

So what are your thoughts on them?

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 04:28:23 PM »

I really enjoyed the first one but I have yet to see any of the others. 
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 05:03:46 PM »

I thought the first was good, didn't see the second or third, then really liked GHOST PROTOCOL. It seemed to come out of nowhere, reviving what looked like a forgotten franchise with an unexpectedly thrilling stand-alone film. I suspect its the best of the lot and strongly suggest you check it out when you get the chance.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jim H

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 08:23:51 AM »

I thought the first was good, didn't see the second or third, then really liked GHOST PROTOCOL. It seemed to come out of nowhere, reviving what looked like a forgotten franchise with an unexpectedly thrilling stand-alone film. I suspect its the best of the lot and strongly suggest you check it out when you get the chance.

Your suspicion is correct - it's the best overall film in the series.  M:I3 is worth a watch as well, but it's not great. 

Pretty interesting franchise transition - pretty solid mystery spy thriller to megablockbuster extremely fast-paced action series.  M:I2 is the weakest entry by far, but worth a watch just to laugh at for all the Woo-isms in it.  The doves are just so silly, and I LOVE John Woo.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 11:25:06 AM »

Liked I, hated II, didn't bother with III. 
GHOST PROTOCOL  was a pleasant surprise, one of my favorite flicks from 2011, actually.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Mission: Impossible film franchise. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.