Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:35:23 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Former Romney Classmate Describes 'Bullying Supreme' - A 'Pack of Dogs' « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Former Romney Classmate Describes 'Bullying Supreme' - A 'Pack of Dogs'  (Read 3945 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: May 11, 2012, 10:23:13 AM »

Former Romney Classmate Describes 'Bullying Supreme' - A 'Pack of Dogs' Who Targeted 'Different' Boy  

http://news.yahoo.com/former-romney-classmate-describes-bullying-supreme-pack-dogs-215648631--abc-news-politics.html

A high school classmate of presidential candidate Mitt Romney told ABC News today that he considers a particular prank pulled at Michigan's Cranbrook school to be "assault and battery" and that he witnessed Romney hold the scissors to cut the hair of a student who was being physically pinned to the ground by several others.

"It's a haunting memory.  I think it was for everybody that spoke up about it…  because when you see somebody who is simply different taken down that way and is terrified and you see that look in their eye you never forget it.  And that was what we all walked away with," said Phillip Maxwell, who is now an attorney and still considers Romney an old friend.

"I saw it with my own eyes," said Maxwell, of the anecdote first reported by the Washington Post .  Maxwell said Romney held the scissors helping to cut the hair of a student, John Lauber, who was presumed to be gay and who had long hair. "It was a hack job… clumps of hair taken off."

Maxwell said he held the boy's arm and leg, describing he and his friends as a "pack of dogs."

Asked if Lauber was targeted because he was gay, as reported by the Post, Maxwell said, "We didn't know that word in  those days… but there were other words that were used. We weren't ignorant, we just didn't use the current names for things...

http://news.yahoo.com/former-romney-classmate-describes-bullying-supreme-pack-dogs-215648631--abc-news-politics.html

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 05:38:13 AM »

I beleive it.
I don't like the guy.
He wouldve let Detroit go bankrupt.
I don't like goverment bailouts-I think companys should do for themselves.
But the bailout of the auto companys WORKED.
#-count em-3 MILLION jobs were saved-the companies are good now.
No private party had the money to bail them out.
I didnt see s**t-I mean Mitt-voluntring any of his cash.
Two faced scumbag.
Now when he visits Michigan he tries to take credit.
It was George Bushes idea-and Obama agreed-. And dam it-it WORKED.
I believe people should help themselves-BUT- Like FDR-the goverment should be there to help. Thats what we (over)pay them for.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:12:10 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 08:34:33 AM »

Actually, if Detroit had gone bankrupt, they would have gone to court and restructured the company.
The Unions would have lost some money, but the cars would have kept rolling off the line and the taxpayers would not have been on the hook for $500 billion.  As it is, the Unions now own the company and the stockholders got hosed.

As far as the bullying episode goes, it's funny how a mean-spirited prank from 1967 is a front page story, whereas Obama in his book openly admits drinking heavily, smoking pot, and snorting coke between ages 18 and 20 and the press has given him a completely free pass on it.  If any Republican ever admitted such, the New York Times would be questioning his fitness to be elected dog catcher, let alone President.  One more example of the good old media double standard in action.

Seriously - did anyone here NOT do something stupid and mean when they were 18 years old?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 10:03:17 AM »

...Seriously - did anyone here NOT do something stupid and mean when they were 18 years old?
Perhaps... but did I FORGET DOING IT?   Hmmm.  I'd much rather have a pothead prez than a bully.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 12:11:04 PM »

...Seriously - did anyone here NOT do something stupid and mean when they were 18 years old?
Perhaps... but did I FORGET DOING IT?   Hmmm.  I'd much rather have a pothead prez than a bully.
I don't know, I'm not 18 yet. TongueOut

however, I have been a victim of bullying, and all I can say is that if this is true, then I really see that Romney may have a lower chance of being president, because who wants to have a former bully as a president? I want someone who does not hurt anyone because that would haunt them for the rest of their lives.

yeah no.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 12:36:41 PM »

I think bullying is rotten and that not enough is being done about it. I simply don't understand this "kids will be kids" burying your head in the sand mentality. Kids are under enough pressure these days without some punk making it worse just to feed some useless ego. Somehow this doesn't suprise me because Romney has always seemed like that "better than thou" type to me. Yet I also see Indy's point of Obama getting a free ride in the press....I've gotten so disappointed in politics! Yet I still will vote....though my choice for Prez is still up in the air. Sigh!

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 02:07:16 PM »

Romney could have used this as an opportunity to condemn bullying of anyone. The fact that he did not, does not speak well of Romney.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 04:18:29 AM »

Halows hit the nail.
Hallows hit the nail. Give that man a Kewpie!  Thumbup
So he smoked pot.So did George Bush.So did Bill Clinton.Grant was a lush.I dont care if they drink or smoke.
Getting high and tormenting people are waaaay different.
Being a pothead is one thing.Getting your kicks from somebody else's pain-thats just f**ked up.

I dont think Obama's all that.
And Indy-I'm neither right nor left. In fact-I dislike almost ALL politicians-buncha lying self serving snake oil salesmen,seems to me.
Romney is slippery and oilier than most.
I wouldnt trust him as far as I could throw him.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 01:19:26 AM »

I think that sums it up.  Granted that people grow out of both, but I think less of someone who was cruel than someone who hurt no one but themselves.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Former Romney Classmate Describes 'Bullying Supreme' - A 'Pack of Dogs' « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.