Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:34:21 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  WERE YOU EVER ON TV? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WERE YOU EVER ON TV?  (Read 12815 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« on: May 16, 2012, 12:28:51 PM »

I was crossing the street, downtown Cleveland, and Channel 8 was doing a news stand-up on the corner; as I'm no tourist, I kept walking.

Next day at work, I had people coming up to me, saying, "I saw you on TV!", as if I'd cured cancer or something.

That, thankfully, is the extent of my on-air exposure....what about you?

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 12:43:20 PM »

Not me....maybe be just as well. BounceGiggle

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 01:23:58 PM »

About 12 years ago, one of the national morning TV shows (GOOD MORNING AMERICA, I think) did a short segment on proper attire in the workplace.  I think it was "acceptable vs. unacceptable business casual clothing" or something like that.  Anyway, they filmed it at my office.  I was on screen briefly.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 01:29:55 PM »

About 12 years ago, one of the national morning TV shows (GOOD MORNING AMERICA, I think) did a short segment on proper attire in the workplace.  I think it was "acceptable vs. unacceptable business casual clothing" or something like that.  Anyway, they filmed it at my office.  I was on screen briefly.

Which one were you?

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
claws
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 02:09:43 PM »

Maybe, maybe not.
I was visiting Munich some years ago. While exploring the town with a friend we noticed they were shooting a scene for a movie under a bridge we were standing on. There was also a local TV station reporter filming the movie set and us onlookers standing on the bridge. No idea if said footage of my friend and me ever made it on TV.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 02:43:12 PM »

Yes!

One of the guys who plays airsoft at my field works for a local news station. (KCRG)
I asked him if he could get some news people to come out and do a piece on Eastern Iowa Airsoft for our two year anniversary last August 2011.  They sent a camera crew out and a photographer for the local newspaper. 
I was interviewed on camera and we appeared on the Sunday evening news.  I didn't think many people would see it but they did.  Had all kinds of people coming up to me saying that they saw me on TV.

Anyway, here's the footage of the battles that were shot.  Evidently, the footage they shot of me was edited in seperately so I don't appear in this clip.  In the complete news story I appear before and after the shots in this clip.  You can hear me talking to the camera guy and spot me at the very end wearing the orange vest.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:45:32 PM by Ash » Logged
66Crush
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 03:35:56 PM »

I was in play with a guy who played a bartender on "One Tree Hill." He had one line. Our director was an extra on "Heartland" and our lead actor was extra on "Talladega Nights." But they were both non speaking extras.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 04:31:29 PM »

Which one were you?

I'm the guy with the ketchup stains on the front of his shirt.  You can't miss me.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 05:07:36 PM »

Back in 1992, during the election, Channel 8 out of Dallas (WFAA TV) was doing a "Listening to Texas" tour where they came to every county courthouse in the areas surrounding Dallas and asked people to get up and give their opinions on the upcoming election and the candidates.  As one of the more vocal Bush supporters there, I got about 45 seconds of air time . . . .

we carried Texas but lost the election. Bluesad

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 05:26:36 PM »

Only twice that I'm aware of...

Many years ago my college Communications class took a trip to MTV studios in New York City to sit in the audience for a taping of their game show "Remote Control"... anybody remember that? I would've rather been a contestant but it was still a good time. Months later I happened to be watching the show and caught one of the episodes I'd seen them tape (if memory serves we watched them do three or four shows)... I didn't see my face but at one point when the camera panned across the studio audience my Sepultura "Beneath the Remains" t-shirt filled the screen plain as day!!

...then Last September, Hurricane Irene had just blown thru New Jersey and most of my town was without electricity. Rather than sit in a dark house the family and I went to a local diner to eat dinner. We saw a reporter and cameraman from the local NBC affiliate sitting at the counter when we walked in (all the local stations had people around town all day, as we were pretty hard hit by the storm) but didn't think anything of it. While we ate I did see the camera guy walking around the diner taking some shots and the reporter talking to some other customers but they didnt' bother us.

The next day at work about a dozen people told me they'd seen me on the 11 o'clock news that night... and of course, since I'd had no power at home, I didn't even see it.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 06:42:05 PM »

I was on the now defunct channel "Manchester Live!" back in 1997 when I was at school. They interviewed me and some girl from my class about school life and education, we were also in the local paper. No idea why they were there, can't even remember doing it.

Also been caught on camera at a few football matches and I'm supposed to be on a Saxon DVD that has yet to see the light of day!

Raffine

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 09:37:55 PM »

Our college had a very good football team and often managed to get in the National Playoff or some such thing, and so got their games broadcast on the TV.

During a thrilling final game the camera focused on a group of the marching band members sitting around having a discussion and completely oblivious to the action on the field. The commentators made a joke about it.

My dad, who was watching at home, was horrified when the camera did a closeup of me displaying absolutely zip team sprit. He called me later that night to fuss at me about it.  Smile

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 10:39:02 PM »

Sort of.. once I walked in front of a tv cameraman at the Rose Festival (that may have been cut out, I didn't get to see that telecast) and once I was on a ride at the same Festival (different time) and when I saw the telecast later you could see me on it, just behind the gal the cameraman was interviewing.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
tommex84
On the 8th day God created G.A.Romero
Bad Movie Lover

They're dead, but they're comin' right for us!

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 02:32:39 PM »

I remember 3 times:
- Back in the early 90's there was some sort of prize contest on our local TV where you had to post funny pictures of yourself. The picture was my brother smashing raw egg on my head while I was going through some catalog or something. We won and got the prize, free pizza Smile

- Back in January 30th 2004  Bluesad. A news report about my friend and schoolmate who was killed a day before. He and his neighbor got hit by a train on the way to school. I can still remember the day before the accident when we and some other classmates skipped school after lunch and went drinking.

- Back in 2006. News report about student protests against government.

" We're going to get you. We're going to get you. Not another peep. Time to go to sleep."

"Do that again and I'm gonna open up a can of whoop-ass on you!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  WERE YOU EVER ON TV? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.