Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:02:19 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Failed major brand food products. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Failed major brand food products.  (Read 9170 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: May 22, 2012, 12:21:13 PM »

Check out the slideshow.

http://www.thedailymeal.com/failed-products-major-brands-slideshow

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 12:48:49 PM »

I remember most of those products....and I loved the Taco Bell Frito Burrito.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 02:57:15 PM »

I thought I was the only one who remembered Crystal Pepsi.

I was working at a Kmart at the time it debuted and one of my chores at that job was to re-stock the two soda machines at the front of the store every morning. After a while we had cases and cases of Crystal Pepsi gathering dust in the back of the store because I never had to refill its "slot"  in the machines, nobody ever bought one.

I think the only people who made any money from that debacle were the members of Van Halen, who licensed their song "Right Now" for use in Crystal Pepsi commercials.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Raffine

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 03:47:38 PM »

Pizza Hut's Priazzos were AMAZING! The best thing I've ever eaten from a chain pizza place. They were pricey and it took forever to make (more time to spend playing Galaxians) but worth it.

My college roommate worked at Pizza Hut and he would bring home orphaned Priazzos two or three times a week. Many times I was up until two or three in the morning (on a school night) feasting on Priazzo.

Small | Large

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 05:19:27 PM »

I'm not surprised at one, The pic for the EZ Squeeze Ketchup looks like algae poo. no, seriously, it looks like someone had s**tted onto the plate! TeddyR

Actually, I've seen one of those Jello for Salad In full form, though it wasn't as formed as the pic showed it to be. I've been quite intrigued by how they got the fruits/vegetables in there.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 05:23:06 PM by El Misfito » Logged

yeah no.
Raffine

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 05:24:31 PM »

I'm not surprised at one, The pic for the EZ Squeeze Ketchup looks like algae poo. no, seriously, it looks like someone had s**tted onto the plate! TeddyR

Actually, I've seen one of those Jello for Salad In full form, though it wasn't as formed as the pic showed it to be. I've been quite intrigued by how they got the fruits/vegetables in there.

The green was bad . . . the purple was even worse:

tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 12:36:29 PM »

The green was bad . . . the purple was even worse:

Wow...I don't remember ever seeing the purple. I would have tried that.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 03:57:54 PM »

Darn! The one I miss is the McDLT. I can't say I've ever been a frequent diner at McDonald's, but when the McDLT was offered at McDonald's, and I ate there, I always ordered the McDLT.
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 05:13:10 PM »

My Mom must  be crazy because she bought the colored Ketchup all the time when it was available. I of course thought it was pretty awesome.

I'd love to try some Crystal Pepsi sometime. It'd be pretty awesome if it was brought back.

Pacman000
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 03:37:08 PM »

I liked the 3d Duritoes.
Raffine

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 04:11:33 PM »

Not exactly a specific food item, but Wndy's used to have a GREAT salad bar. It not only included a good selection of salad 'fixin's', they also had toppings for baked potatoes, tacos, soups, desserts, fruit, etc.

It was relatively inexpensive and helped many of us college students actually get something like a healthy meal.

Jim H

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 03:47:12 PM »

My Mom must  be crazy because she bought the colored Ketchup all the time when it was available. I of course thought it was pretty awesome.

I'd love to try some Crystal Pepsi sometime. It'd be pretty awesome if it was brought back.

Annoying thing about the colored ketchup was it stained your fingers pretty bad.

Also, the worst failure of this type has got to be Pepsi Blue, or whatever the hell that was.  Disgusting as crap, one of the worst drinks I've ever tasted.
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 07:21:03 PM »

Annoying thing about the colored ketchup was it stained your fingers pretty bad.
That doesn't matter to 8 year olds!  BounceGiggle

Venomx73
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 07:22:23 PM »

I'm just sad because I can't buy my strawberry yoohoo anymore... it was awesome.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 01:05:55 AM »

I thought "New Coke" was simply a distraction so people wouldn't notice the original Coke having sugar replaced with corn syrup. Or at least that's what many people believe was the reason for it.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Failed major brand food products. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.