Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:28:27 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Major DC character to come out of the closet « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: Major DC character to come out of the closet  (Read 72787 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2012, 06:40:33 AM »

If it's not one of the current starting lineup, who really cares?

Just an attempt to share in the publicity Marvel is getting for Northstar's upcoming nuptials.

Incidentally, talking about showing a gay man's nuptials in a comic book does make the whole thing sound kind of indecent. TeddyR

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2012, 07:32:08 AM »

I don't doubt the authenticity or whatever of it.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2012, 12:43:43 PM »

Um...wow. This thread sure got heated.  Buggedout So have they announced who the gay character is gonna be yet? That was the only reason I even clicked on this thread, I was wondering who it was gonna be.

I'm betting it's going to be "Martian Manhunter."

Just out of curiosity...why?

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2012, 03:49:41 PM »

Um...wow. This thread sure got heated.  Buggedout So have they announced who the gay character is gonna be yet? That was the only reason I even clicked on this thread, I was wondering who it was gonna be.

I'm betting it's going to be "Martian Manhunter."

Just out of curiosity...why?

Martian MANHUNTER-get it-MANHUNTER?? It's like-ah-never mind....

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2012, 03:54:04 PM »

I don't know of another forum on the net where we could have this discussion and it be kept as polite and civilized as we have done on this thread - kudos to all concerned!

(For the record, I don't think Emo Spiderman is a DC creation, but he would be my candidate!)

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2012, 04:40:56 PM »

I don't know of another forum on the net where we could have this discussion and it be kept as polite and civilized as we have done on this thread - kudos to all concerned...!
Thumbup  You got that right.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jim H

« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2012, 12:46:23 PM »

I don't know of another forum on the net where we could have this discussion and it be kept as polite and civilized as we have done on this thread - kudos to all concerned!

(For the record, I don't think Emo Spiderman is a DC creation, but he would be my candidate!)

Yeah.  We're so awesome.   Thumbup

TeddyR
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »

People can disagree and still respect one another. Simple wisdom too often forgotten these days.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2012, 04:38:39 PM »

For those still paying attention to the original post, the unofficial scuttlebutt is that it is going to be Alan Scott.

If you find yourself asking, "Who?" don't feel bad. He was the original Green Lantern (the one in the festive colors). He's a character, but not a major one. If this truly is the case, then it's a lot of brouhaha over nothing. The whole issue will be about as progressive as Northstar of Alpha Flight coming out in the early '90s. Nobody cares.
Saying it's going to be a major character and then announcing it's Alan Scott is like saying you have a huge Hollywood star in your movie and then revealing it's Clint Howard. 

"Hey, you know Green Lantern, that character nobody cared about even when he got a huge movie, toylines, videogames, and DC telling everybody what a great character he is even though nobody really believed it?  Well, here's the version of the character that people care even less about!  Your grandfather might have read his comics." 

Nice choice DC.  Couldn't you have at least said somebody like Hawkman?  Sure nobody really cares about him either, but at least they've heard of him. 
Raffine

« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2012, 07:07:55 PM »

How about the Wonder Twins?

You'd get a lesbian, a gay man, and a monkey!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2012, 07:40:24 PM »

The crazy thing about that is, it wouldn't be the first gay monkey that DC comics had. 

Okay, technically it was a gorilla, but my point still stands. 
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »

The crazy thing about that is, it wouldn't be the first gay monkey that DC comics had. 

I think the "monkey" had a tale and therefore is not a gorilla or any kind of ape.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Raffine

« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2012, 09:18:51 PM »

I think the "monkey" had a tale and therefore is not a gorilla or any kind of ape.

I think he's talking about this:

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2012, 03:02:29 AM »

Now, they're both male, but technically it's an interspecies relationship. Also, even before the Brain got that shiny new robot body, he was already a brain in a jar, so I'm not sure how male he even is anymore.

So in some sense, it's a homosexual bestial relationship, and that's progressive. At the same time, the categories are pretty darn blurred. What really is going on there? And does it matter? They both got blown up really good before consummation.

Still a touching moment. Makes me wonder why DC doesn't crow about their previous strides in making a relationship involving homosexuality and bestiality between a genetically modified ape and a brain in a jar more palatable for the comic-reading public.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2012, 06:28:10 AM »

Now, they're both male, but technically it's an interspecies relationship. Also, even before the Brain got that shiny new robot body, he was already a brain in a jar, so I'm not sure how male he even is anymore.

So in some sense, it's a homosexual bestial relationship, and that's progressive. At the same time, the categories are pretty darn blurred. What really is going on there? And does it matter? They both got blown up really good before consummation.

Still a touching moment. Makes me wonder why DC doesn't crow about their previous strides in making a relationship involving homosexuality and bestiality between a genetically modified ape and a brain in a jar more palatable for the comic-reading public.

This is surreal......! I'm so proud to be a member of this forum!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Major DC character to come out of the closet « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.