Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:15:26 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  some kind of after school cartoon special with dinosaurs « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: some kind of after school cartoon special with dinosaurs  (Read 8396 times)
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 25, 2012, 06:19:24 PM »

i keep thinking this was part of the abc after school series but i cant find anything online. this was a carton were a boy ends up in a dinosaur world. the dinos walked and talked like humans. for some reason the kid had to hide but he made friends with a dino-kid that looked after him. the kid made a disquise by glueing some horns on a football helmet and acting like the other dinos. in the end he probably went back to his normal life. i remember seeing this around the mid to late eighties. any ideas?

exterminate all rational thought.....
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 03:53:58 PM »

Wild guess-

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075471/

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 09:03:31 PM »

If this wasn't an afterschool special maybe it was DINOSAUCERS.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 12:11:29 PM »

nope, its not dinosaucers. i like that one by the way. it may be the abc after school special. that one ran for 20+ seasons.  ive been through the episode guide but i cant find anything that looks like it.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 05:52:45 AM »

nope, its not dinosaucers. i like that one by the way. it may be the abc after school special. that one ran for 20+ seasons.  ive been through the episode guide but i cant find anything that looks like it.

Must be, because all that's left is; Dino Riders, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, Valley Of The Dinosaurs and Denver The Last Dinosaur...

Acrifixer
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 03:18:30 AM »

Maybe just maybe Adventures in Dinosaur City?
Venomx73
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 08:39:55 AM »

a few others to help you on your quest...

Small | Large

Small | Large
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 04:41:47 PM »

nope, not advnentures in dino city or the other cartoons mentioned.  the one im thinking of had to be made before 1990. it wasnt a syndicated dino cartoon, it was more like a one shot kind of thing from a regular series. it seems like it had a childrens book kind of quality to it. the animation probably wasnt very sharp and there had to be some kind of message or moral to the story.  i dont think it was very futuristic or technical. i do remember seeing it saturday or sunday morning as some kind of special though.

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 05:35:08 PM »

Sounds like maybe it was on PBS..?  With the kind of animation quality you mentioned, it sounds kind of like that.  I'd have to do more research..

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Venomx73
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 06:07:14 PM »

This is a tough one...

It's funny though... I know it's not your show, but the kid from Dinosaur King has fake horns. Twirling
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:19:04 PM by Venomx73 » Logged
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 10:45:58 AM »

i think its the cbs story-break special.  ive watched the intro and it seems so familier.  i can find a list of episodes but nothing really discribing what happens in these episodes except for a select few. i read in a post where someone was discribing the same thing im looking for, and how they used to love this show. up until recently, there were whole episodes on youtube, but they were pulled because of some corporate trademark crap. it seems like im very close, sadly if i do find out what it is, i may never be able to watch it online.

Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 09:45:29 PM »

Found it. CBS Storybreak is correct. It's the 1985 episode "The Double Disappearance of Walter Fozbek"
http://www.paleycenter.org/collection/item/?q=Captain+Kangaroo&p=1&item=T:16348
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 08:14:54 AM »

thats it! thank you! this has bugged me for a long time. thank you!!!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  some kind of after school cartoon special with dinosaurs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.