Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:20:38 AM
714153 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Actors who made it, and embarrassing past movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Actors who made it, and embarrassing past movies  (Read 12814 times)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 12:41:57 PM »

Kevin Costner was the dead friend in "The Big Chill"....you see parts of him during the opening sequence. Plus he was one of the "frat boys" in the party in the morgue scene in "Night Shift".

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 12:44:48 PM »

When you look at the filmographies of many leading or popular actors, you'll see their beginning bit-part movies, too.  Denzel Washington was an uncredited mugger in Death Wish.  Robert Patrick was in the Mad Max rip-off Equalizer 2000.  Jean-Claude Van Damme can be seen in the background in one of those Breakin' movies.  I even remember Kelly Hu looking like a schoolgirl, being thrown about by Jason in a Friday The 13th movie.

Who are some of your favourite actors that made it, or what obscure and possibly embarrassing movies lurk in the past of some who later became stars?

And another, harder question: who do you see in bit parts now that you think or hope will make it?

Jeff Goldblum was also in DEATH WISH.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 12:49:16 PM »

Mike Farrell (M*A*S*H*) was shot in a phone booth in the Boris Karloff thriller TARGETS (1968)

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
mrsskinner
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 08:42:13 AM »

While Robert Englund's role in Galaxy of Terror would be strangely prophetic, my all time favorite has to be the elevator scene in St. Ives.

Robert Englund's first role was in Eaten Alive (1977) "My names Buck and I's raring to f----"
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 04:42:01 PM »

Gene Simmons and John Stamos. Also Robert Englund has a bit part in the end. Discuss.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 04:45:47 PM by Fausto » Logged

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
66Crush
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2012, 03:04:39 AM »

Simmons was already known for being in Kiss and willing to do anything if the price is right. Stamos might have been embarrassed though. Robert Englund made a lot of bad movies both before and after being Freddy.
66Crush
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2012, 03:06:40 AM »

Tom Hanks crying and flipping out in Mazes and Monsters.

What is this movie I haven't heard of it?
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2012, 10:54:52 AM »

Simmons was already known for being in Kiss and willing to do anything if the price is right. Stamos might have been embarrassed though. Robert Englund made a lot of bad movies both before and after being Freddy.
Englund has said he'll appear in just about any movie that doesn't require him to wear heavy makeup.  He probably doesn't get embarrassed easily.

Stamos starred in Full House.  He hasn't earned the right to be embarrassed by any movie role.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2012, 12:10:40 PM »

Tom Selleck was in this....

Small | Large

Also, since we don't have a thread for directors, may I include an early James Cameron effort....?

Small | Large

voltron

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2012, 08:57:12 PM »

I read that Jennifer Conelly was embarassed about being in Argento's Phenomena. She basically said it was an excuse to go to Italy which I find sad because it's a great movie no matter what she thinks about it.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
66Crush
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 12:15:14 AM »

Englund has said he'll appear in just about any movie that doesn't require him to wear heavy makeup.  He probably doesn't get embarrassed easily.

Stamos starred in Full House.  He hasn't earned the right to be embarrassed by any movie role.

When you're right, you're right.
claws
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 12:31:53 AM »

Kevin Costner was the dead friend in "The Big Chill"....you see parts of him during the opening sequence. Plus he was one of the "frat boys" in the party in the morgue scene in "Night Shift".

He was strutting his stuff in Malibu Hot Summer (1981) before that, and he was a weight lifting victim in the utterly bad slasher Shadows Run Black (1986).
ChaosTheory

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 01:55:56 PM »

I read that Jennifer Conelly was embarassed about being in Argento's Phenomena. She basically said it was an excuse to go to Italy which I find sad because it's a great movie no matter what she thinks about it.

Bummer.  That's probably my favorite Argento movie.

Now lest we forget:  Tom Cruise and his tiny shorts debuting in 1981's ENDLESS LOVE:
Small | Large

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Pacman000
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 03:01:26 PM »

Tom Hanks crying and flipping out in Mazes and Monsters.

What is this movie I haven't heard of it?

I haven't seen it, but I have heard of it.  Tom Hanks plays a teenage obsessed with Dungeons and Drag....uh, "Mazes and Monsters."  The game, being evil, drives him insane. 

Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084314/
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 05:20:59 PM »

Isn't Lester's profile pic from Mazes and Monsters? Michael Landon was the teenage werewolf in I Was A Teenage Werewolf although personally I consider that to be his best role. He also played a former bedwetter turned runner in the TV movie The Loneliest Runner...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Actors who made it, and embarrassing past movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.