Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:17:12 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad zombie movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Bad zombie movies  (Read 16585 times)
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 08:39:40 AM »

Now do we have degrees on this? After all, with zombie movies from the classic period they can range from bad:

Zombie Lake
Zombie 4: After Death (I did like the opening song though)

To so god awful they should burn any extant prints:

Oasis of the Zombies
FleshEater/Revenge of the Living Zombies

Nightmare City/City of the Walking Dead falls somewhere in between those and I would be satisfied with a compromise if we just burn Umberto Lenzi.

Conf
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 10:29:45 AM »

Did anybody mention "Day of the dead 2: Contagium" ? It's something that makes you wanna burn your retinas after the vision.
claws
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 02:24:19 PM »

Curse of the Screaming Dead (1982)

Renamed Curse of the Cannibal Confederates after Troma got a hold of it.

Hell of the Living Dead (1980) but this one is actually so-bad-so-good.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 03:42:44 PM »

There was a really awful one that I watched a couple years back and even posted a review of on here, but the title has utterly slipped my mind at the moment.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 05:24:25 PM »

Oasis of the Zombies

I am going to agree with you about how awful that film is.  I'm still uncertain why I didn't rank it as a skull.

Also want to offer up both "Zombie Night" and "The Alien Dead" as awful zombie movies.  "Zombie Night" is an independent film that suffers so badly from editing there were multiple times that I didn't understand what was going on.  Heck, once it appears that the characters were surprised that someone was missing, but I never knew the missing person was supposed to be present in the first place.

"The Alien Dead" is only slightly better.  A bunch of zombies infest a swamp and wander around eating people.  During one of the scenes with a hapless person being munched one of the zombies keeps staring at the camera.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 06:01:30 PM »

Hell of the Living Dead (1980) but this one is actually so-bad-so-good.

Love that film!

Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 10:06:02 PM »

I love Hell of the Living Dead. Definitely one of my favorite Italian Zombie movies.

A BAD one as is REALLY FREAKING bad. Would have to be Zombi 5 Killing Birds. Its belongs to the "Movie where nothing happens until the last 20 minutes" Genre.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2012, 01:26:39 PM »

Its belongs to the "Movie where nothing happens until the last 20 minutes" Genre.
Another zombie movie that falls into that category is Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things.  It might be lacking on the "anything happening" aspects, but it sure hits home in the "horrible 70s fashion" category. 
voltron

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2012, 04:31:14 PM »

Its belongs to the "Movie where nothing happens until the last 20 minutes" Genre.
Another zombie movie that falls into that category is Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things.  It might be lacking on the "anything happening" aspects, but it sure hits home in the "horrible 70s fashion" category. 
Awww, come on man! CSPWDT looks like a cinematic masterpiece compared to the ones that have been listed so far....how about I Eat Your Skin (1964)?

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 01:16:15 PM »

how about I Eat Your Skin (1964)?

Oh, now that is truly awful.

voltron

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 03:12:56 PM »

Nightmare City/City of the Walking Dead falls somewhere in between those and I would be satisfied with a compromise if we just burn Umberto Lenzi.
Duuuude! How can you knock Umberto Lenzi? I like him a lot more than, say, Jess Franco, that's fer damn sure.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
SecondClassCinema
Dedicated Viewer

Your B-Movie Buffer

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 12:37:25 PM »

Zombie 90: Extreme Pestilence. Badly filmed, badly acted and hilariously dubbed! Gore scenes are pathetic and the plot is dull and by-the-numbers.

DON'T BLEED!

Check out "Second Class Cinema: The B-Movie Experience" podcast!  http://secondclasscinema.com/
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 02:24:36 PM »

As Romero zombie movies go, Survival of the Dead was pretty lame.

Ted C reviews Survival of the Dead

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2015, 03:02:36 PM »

I did not see it, but the reception of Zombie Nation (2004) was overwhelming negative.
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2015, 07:23:27 PM »

Oasis of the Zombies

I am going to agree with you about how awful that film is.  I'm still uncertain why I didn't rank it as a skull.

Also want to offer up both "Zombie Night" and "The Alien Dead" as awful zombie movies.  "Zombie Night" is an independent film that suffers so badly from editing there were multiple times that I didn't understand what was going on.  Heck, once it appears that the characters were surprised that someone was missing, but I never knew the missing person was supposed to be present in the first place.

"The Alien Dead" is only slightly better.  A bunch of zombies infest a swamp and wander around eating people.  During one of the scenes with a hapless person being munched one of the zombies keeps staring at the camera.

It wasn't so much a story about zombies or nazi gold as it was a story about a young man finding himself ;-)

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad zombie movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.