Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:34:07 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Top 10 Guilty Pleasure TV Shows « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Top 10 Guilty Pleasure TV Shows  (Read 28456 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« on: May 29, 2012, 09:02:24 PM »

What's your ten best guilty pleasure TV Faves? This doesn't have to be limited to current shows although undoubtably there's far more to choose from these days seems and somehow I feel less guilty about old guilty pleasures like MacGyver and Knight Rider nowadays.

I'll start it off with my own.

1) WWE Raw (actually all WWE and TNA shows): yeah these qualify for me now as guilty pleasures as I often find today's wrestling bland, vanilla and forgettable with too much focus on high spots and not enough on story yet I still watch. Every now and then there are exceptions though such as CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan...

2) Conspiracy Theory (with Jesse Ventura): most of this stuff seems completely out to lunch and a lot of it seems ludricrous yet I find this so entertaining I know I should be ashamed of myself.

3) The Nostradamus Effect: fun end of the world nonsense.

4) Coronation Street: perhaps the most entertaining soap opera there is but still a soap opera.

5) Days of Our Lives...ditto.

6) Wife Swap: Like watching a car crash sometimes yet fascinating on some levels although things get rather disturbing sometimes.

7) Family Feud: the sexual innuendo gameshow of all gameshows.

8) Thunder in Paradise: a dumb action show starring wrestlers and a high-powered boat yet I like it.

9) Baywatch: dumb but sometimes entertaining. Wrestlers popped up here too. Hmm a trend seems to be developing here.

10) Hoarding: Buried Alive: Hoarding shows can sometimes be like watching a garbage dump meaning it can be disgusting yet somehow I find the people involved fascinating.

So what's yours?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:04:56 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
66Crush
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 12:10:27 AM »

I almost hate to admit some of mine. Even though I'm a 210 lb red blooded, straight, 40 year old man, I watch some shows intended for 12 year old girls.

1. iCarly- Nick always made good kids shows and this is one of the best.
2. Victorious- See above.
3. One Tree Hill- I love pretty girls and teen drama. Out of all of them this is the best.
4. Pretty Little Liars- Great writing and acting. Reminds me of Veronica Mars, but more teen oriented.
5. Charmed- Supernatural hot girls, what's not to like.
6. WWE Raw- If you consider wrestling a guilty pleasure (I'm not ashamed to admit I watch it).
7. Gene Simmons Family Jewels- It's so fake (much like Gene himself), but having been a Kiss fan I'm always curious to see it.
8. How I Met Your Mother- It get's a lot of flak here, but I like it for some reason.
9. 1000 Ways to Die- No self respecting person should watch this, but I can't help it sometimes.
10. Criss Angel Mindfreak- A douche bag magician who dresses like an 80's rock star, It's like a train wreck I can't look away.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 05:12:23 AM »

Some of these are quite old-but here ya go-
1.the MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS-I usta watch this when my kids were quite little-and I really enjoyed it,too!
2.DRAGONBALL Z
3.GRIZZLY ADAMS-I like how Nakoma would talk to Grizzly in his native tounge and Grizzly would repeat everthing that was said in English so the audiance could unserstand what the f**k was being said.
4.MASTER CHEF-Chef Ramsey is an obnoxious egotist-and so much backstabbing drama.
5.GHOST HUNTERS-A buch a guys with super powerful mics and night vision cameras recording moths and cat yowls.
6.SWIFT JUSTICE with NANCY GRACE-I cant STAND Nancy Grace! I dont know why I watch it!
7.STEVE WILCO-OK-I admit it! I like seeing the big bald meathead yelling-"GET OFF MY STAGE!"
8.Most any cooking show.
9.LAWRENCE WELK-I like the Tap Dancing guy.
10-Bob Ross painting show....

I'm a sick,sick man....
Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ChaosTheory
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 12:00:22 PM »

1. Viva La Bam
2. Rob & Big
3. Miami Ink
4. Ace of Cakes
5. America's Next Top Model
6. Project Runway
7. America's Got Talent
8. Garfield & Friends
9. Aqua Teen Hunger Force
10. Hell's Kitchen

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 12:46:59 PM »

10-Bob Ross painting show....

I'm a sick,sick man....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhPjP2S84Hw

I love watching Bob Ross paint....I find it both entertaining and relaxing. Smile

I also watch Dragonball Z Kai....I've often wondered why.

I'm also a sucker for most cooking shows...unless there is some chef yelling at someone. I like the cooking,not the verbal abuse. Yet I liked "Chef",a BBC comedy where he was pretty obnoxious.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 12:53:33 PM by tracy » Logged

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Raffine

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 04:29:45 PM »

The show where people are obsessed with eating weird stuff like dry wall, couch cushions, dryer sheets, dead people's ashes, and toilet paper.

Small | Large

Helpful Hint: Movie theaters are the best place to eat toilet paper.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 05:17:10 PM »

Actually I've been known to watch that too Raffine. That and Freaky Eaters and stuff like Monster in Laws. I actually remembered a few others I catch myself watching or have in the past watched consistently. The dumb soap opera Passions which mixed in witchcraft and sorcery with the usual soap elements I found I couldn't miss whenever I could catch it despite the bad acting involved. I also like The Young and the Restless a bit too but mainly for Eric Braeden. Sometimes I'll catch myself watching a makeover show called Style By Jury and a show about people fighting to get out of debt called Til Debt Do Us Part. With cartoons, I often find myself tuning into 6teen and I absolutely loved an often offensive style toon called Undergrads. I also could not resist watching a show about young Canadian girls growing up called Ready or Not, not the fare one expects from a grown man, just because it was well done and seemed true to life.

Raffine

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 07:27:46 PM »

Yeah, I have a weakness for the more bizarre reality shows, too. I can't watch the more mainstream ones like Survivor and any of the singing and dancing ones, but have a gang looking for bigfoot or vampire's ghosts, or with a house full of Annie memorabilia and Pekingese droppings, and I'm there.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 11:18:44 PM »

10.) Power Rangers Samurai. Grew up watching the different incarnations of Power Rangers.
9.) Robot Chicken- Many seem to detest this, but I love it.
8.) Days of Our Lives- grew up watching this despite the odd storylines.
7.) iCarly- this show is hilarious.
6.) Dawson's Creek- I hang my head in shame.
5.) Party of Five- Yeah.
4.) WWE Raw- at one point, it was acceptable. Now, it's a kid-friendly PG show.
3.) Intervention- a documentary style show exploiting the lives of people with alcohol and drug issues, leading up to an intervention and paid-in-full rehab.
2.) Parking Wars- people getting parking violations and having to deal with the cops and DMV.
1.) America's Got Talent- a trainwreck of a show highlighting "talents" of people.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 12:30:31 AM »

Just tonight, I watched Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files and Whale Wars...both of which I find entertaining even though Paul Watson is pretty widely hated in my home province for being against the seal hunt. Got to give the show some credit for not really fully taking sides.

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 02:40:44 PM »

1. Just about any 70s or 80s gameshow.
2. Police Squad
3. Most cartoons
4. Monsters
5. Tales From The Darkside
6. Tales From The Crypt
7. 70s detective shows
8. You Can't Do That On Television
9. Soap
10. Shows that were too weird/bad to stick for its time (Supertrain, Cop Rock, etc)

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 06:47:14 PM »

I don't like guilty pleasures. If I enjoy something, I feel no guilt for it, no matter what it is.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
ChaosTheory

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 10:59:15 AM »

1.) America's Got Talent- a trainwreck of a show highlighting "talents" of people.

Thumbup Thumbup 
 How do you like the addition of Howard Stern as a judge?  He's actually nicer than I was expecting him to be.

I like watching Bob Ross too, but I don't feel guilty about that.  He's much too soothing!

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 04:56:28 PM »

Howard Stern is the reason I watched this season.

I'd watched it before, but wasn't gonna this year as that format only goes so far. Then I heard Stern was on.

Stern's done a great job so far, and has the chance of garnering new fans who never liked him before, as he came off a monster years ago.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 05:13:42 PM »

Retro, personally I wouldn't feel quilty about most of the stuff on your list. I did feel guilty at one point or another for liking the following though (not so much now as compared to a lot of today's programming, this stuff seems like gold nowadays)...Knight Rider, The A-Team, Battlestar Galactica (the original), MacGyver, Airwolf, Miami Vice, Sweating Bullets, Dallas, Falcon Crest and Moonlighting.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Top 10 Guilty Pleasure TV Shows « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.