Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:57:20 AM
712923 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Egypt's Mubarak sentenced to life in prison « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Egypt's Mubarak sentenced to life in prison  (Read 4541 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: June 02, 2012, 08:35:33 PM »

Egypt's Mubarak sentenced to life in prison 
http://news.yahoo.com/egypts-mubarak-sentenced-life-prison-100619336.html
CAIRO (AP) — Hosni Mubarak was sentenced to life in prison Saturday for failing to stop the killing of protesters during the uprising that ousted him, offering his opponents a measure of justice. But he and his two sons were acquitted of corruption in a verdict that did not satisfy public demands for accountability after what the chief judge called 30 years of "darkness" under the old regime.

The mixed ruling set off street protests and by nightfall, a large crowd of up to 10,000 was back in Cairo's Tahrir Square, the birthplace of the uprising, to vent anger over the acquittals. Similar protesters were held in other cities, including the Mediterranean port city of Alexandria and Suez on the Red Sea.

"Justice was not served," said Ramadan Ahmed, whose son was killed on Jan. 28, the bloodiest day of last year's uprising. "This is a sham," he said outside the courthouse.

Protesters chanted: "A farce a farce, this trial is a farce" and "The people want execution of the murderer."

Mubarak, 84, and his ex-security chief Habib el-Adly were both convicted of complicity in the killings of some 900 protesters and received life sentences. Six top police commanders were acquitted of the same charge with chief Judge Ahmed Rifaat saying there was a lack of concrete evidence... 

http://news.yahoo.com/egypts-mubarak-sentenced-life-prison-100619336.html

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 12:26:21 AM »

I have mixed feelings.  Many of the people of Egypt are radical Islamists who have beliefs like honor killings, beheading for adultery, and ongoing jihad against all non-Muslims.  Many others are not, of course, but the bottom line is that Egypt is a turbulent and violent country.  Mubarak was a thug, but he kept the peace there for a long time, and was not nearly as brutal as many leaders in that part of the world are.  I think permanent exile might have been better . . .

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 06:42:21 AM »

I have mixed feelings.  Many of the people of Egypt are radical Islamists who have beliefs like honor killings, beheading for adultery, and ongoing jihad against all non-Muslims.  Many others are not, of course, but the bottom line is that Egypt is a turbulent and violent country.  Mubarak was a thug, but he kept the peace there for a long time, and was not nearly as brutal as many leaders in that part of the world are.  I think permanent exile might have been better . . .

Bulls**t. Dead is dead. He killed-or had killed-at least one innocent man. He should die.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 06:53:57 AM »

Believe it or not-most of the middle east is all religion based wars.Why I'm athesiest. They all kill in the name of theyre God. a***oles. Oh-and we get involved because we got oil based big companies there-Kuwait,anyone? The only reason Saddam died before Quddfai is because we had oil intrest.
Its all about money.
The state of Isreal was created as an apology for Hitler and his s**t-the Arab nations got f**ked. Like the American Indians-they were "savages".
Horse s**t.
They got pushed out-by US. Were so cool.  Lookingup

I think Andrew may hate me for this-and I am not making bad comments about our boys on the line-hell-I got 3 who did time in Iraq-but this is not WW2-this is more politics than anything. Afghanistan-I understand. Iraq-yeah-Saddam needed to die. But where were we in Chezolovokia? Or Rwanda?

BECAUSE THERE WAS NO MONEY THERE.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:04:10 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 07:12:18 AM »

If we had dropped an A-Bomb on a major city and killed innocent people lke we ended WW2 it would send the message a lot faster.
It was evil-but it worked.  Hatred
Dam-I hate politics. I'd kill everyone.
I wouldnt hide my murderous instincts behind politics-I'd be the worst dictator ever. I'd kill everybody.
Ok-Im alright now.
No bombs dropped.
Thats why a***oles like me should NOT be in power.-Because they have personal agendas_not for the good of the world-the good for the people with MONEY.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:19:00 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 01:47:27 PM »

I must politely disagree,Indy....I also feel that his execution would have been more to justice served. He was indeed a thug and this sentence doesn't fit his brutality.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Egypt's Mubarak sentenced to life in prison « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.