Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:21:46 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Former NFL DB Wade Davis comes out publicly with help for others « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Former NFL DB Wade Davis comes out publicly with help for others  (Read 4943 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: June 07, 2012, 10:57:59 AM »

Former NFL DB Wade Davis comes out publicly with help for others 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/former-nfl-db-wade-davis-comes-publicly-help-150926622.html 

During his time as a defensive back for the Tennessee Titans, Washington Redskins and Seattle Seahawks, Wade Davis was a smart player who spent a lot of time studying and drawing up the defensive schemes he would need to get ahead. He developed friendships with teammates like Jevon Kearse, Samari Rolle and Eddie George, did his best to stay alive in the ruthlessly competitive nature of the NFL, and dealt with one difficult fact -- he was a gay man in a profession where homosexuality was never discussed openly.

It took years after he left the NFL before he felt comfortable enough with himself to publicly admit that he was gay, but as Amy K. Nelson of SB Nation told me, that was a larger theme in Davis' life through the last decade as he looked to find his place in the world...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/former-nfl-db-wade-davis-comes-publicly-help-150926622.html 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 06:20:21 PM »

Good for him, it just shouldn't be an issue anymore within sport as it really has no bearing on performance. I just wish there were more acceptance over here in the UK within the sport world. We still have minor problems with racism too which is frankly, utterly pathetic. It's not the friggin' dark ages...

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 06:53:54 PM »

Good for him, it just shouldn't be an issue anymore within sport as it really has no bearing on performance. I just wish there were more acceptance over here in the UK within the sport world. We still have minor problems with racism too which is frankly, utterly pathetic. It's not the friggin' dark ages...
You're right.  Apparently lots of people have a "hard" time getting over their prejudices.  There's a lot of prejudice here in the USA, particularly against gay people.  Also against black people.  Also against white people.  Also against leftists.  Also against rightists.  Also against atheists.  Also against women.   Lookingup  And on and on. 
I must own having prejudices.  But I realize I'm wrong and prejudice is stupid. 

As always, you're the man.   Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 01:43:10 PM »

This reminds me of the flack about gay folks in the military...I just don't think your sexual orientation should be a factor. Straight or gay,whether you can do the job and do it well is the main focus. Of course,as a football player I can only imagine the crap he would have taken had he announced this while still an active player for football is a "man's sport". Not one where the player' sex lives should be an issue...in fact,I'm not interested in the straight players' private lives. Just play me some good,hard-hitting football and I'm happy...private is private.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Former NFL DB Wade Davis comes out publicly with help for others « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.