Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:35:05 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How do you feel about drinking milk? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you like lmilk as a beverage, do you drink milk? And (if you want) what is your heritage?  See below.
Yum, I like it
I put it in tea/coffee or cereal, or dunk my cookies in it
Meh-Its fine but I don't look for it
Bleah, I hate it
Can't drink it for medical/philosophical reasons

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: How do you feel about drinking milk?  (Read 6233 times)
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 07, 2012, 01:47:37 PM »

I'm reading a book called "Words to eat by : five foods and the culinary history of the English language" by  Ina Lipkowitz. In there she talks about  milk, and how there are strong feeling about adults and milk.  She also postulates that people of Northern European extracton are very much pro-milk, and others are not.  So I thought I;d get an idea from my friends here.

Part 1- I'm basically a B- I put it in tea/coffee or cereal, or dunk my Oreos in it.  I almost never have it as a drink.
Part 2- I'm of German/British/Irish etc. extraction.

Science Ed
 Cheers

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 01:55:56 PM »

I like it.. I don't really have it much outside my cereal but if I got in the habit of doing I wouldn't be adverse to drinking it more often..  I like that it's cold and not too thin like water (I refuse to ever do skim).  I used to do 3.8% but it's just too fattening and more expensive.  2% is just perfect.  When I get the urge a tall glass of milk with Hershey's mixed in is heaven!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 02:51:51 PM »

I drink it all the time, usually have a large glass with each meal. 

I'm of Polish/German heritage.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 03:02:54 PM »

I love it too much. TongueOut hardly meet a glass of milk i didn't like. Though i really don't care much for Skim (always though in some cream if it's there and no one is looking Wink)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:41:34 AM by El Misfit » Logged

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 04:13:01 PM »

I like milk plus drencom. It sharpens me up.

Small | Large

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 05:00:57 PM »

I like milk plus drencom. It sharpens me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ouw3jpArc_A

But does it get you ready for a little of the dirty twenty to one?

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 05:06:30 PM »

Actually, I have to drink it on a daily basis. One of the medicines I have to take every day requires that I take it with something dairy.

I will say that I am also probably one of the few people who actually likes buttermilk. A number of years ago, a number of military people were polled to find out what was some of their least favorite and most favorite foods, and buttermilk, came in, if not dead last, then almost dead last, even behind some foods that were fictious. On the other hand, if I have to drink milk straight, without mixing it with anything, then I prefer to drink buttermilk.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 10:24:07 PM »

I do as well and am also German/ Polish with a little eccentric WASP for good measure.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 10:48:37 PM »

Milk-Noooooo.
I NEVER drink milk.Ever.
Water-yes.
Coffee-sure.
Ice tea-yeah.
Whiskey.Certainly.(NO beer.-or wine.)

No milk.
And I'm not lactose intolerant. I love cheese and cottage cheese.
I don't like milk-or ice cream either,for that matter.

And I'm Norwegian.Go figure.
( And I DON'T like sardines! Or sea food. I like perch and blue gill though. Snapping turtle and frog legs too.)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 11:33:47 PM »

I have it with my cereal, and add it to chicken and dumplings or clam chowder, but don't just drink the stuff flat out.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 12:38:39 AM »

I'm not lactose intolerant but I do prefer silk soy milk over regular milk. Go figure.
That said, I still use milk from time to time but not as often like in the old days.
dean

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 03:45:07 AM »

Love it, grew up with it being my favourite thing to drink [full cream, none of this skim milk watered down nonsense.]

Funnily enough, don't really buy milk these days, so I've pretty much come to a complete halt in my milk drinking habits.

I'll say this though: milk in some areas is just terrible and I can understand why people wouldn't choose to have it except in Coffee etc.  I've tried some in different countries and in some areas its heavily sugared, or feels and tastes different, but I suppose its like the water supply: home always tastes better.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 07:46:00 AM »

I like milk but don't drink it much.  My kids have cornered the market on milk consumption and we literally go through about 3 to 4 gallons a week.  Yes...a week...

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 08:04:55 AM »

Milk is the greatest!  Grew up in a dairy-farming area; milk was always my favourite thing to drink.  I am of British extraction.

Seems to me a regional preference would be based on history and culture (call it tradition): I would think that the farther south you went in the 'old world' the less likely it would be for cows to be kept for the purposes of milking.  For a number of reasons, mainly practical. 

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 11:13:48 AM »

Newt, thats really the point she was trying to make.  The further south you go, the fewer cows there are...more sheep and goats whom you tend to hit up for cheese. 

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How do you feel about drinking milk? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.