Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:34:04 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  NATO kills senior al-Qaida leader in Afghanistan « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NATO kills senior al-Qaida leader in Afghanistan  (Read 7207 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: May 29, 2012, 01:18:01 PM »

NATO kills senior al-Qaida leader in Afghanistan
http://news.yahoo.com/nato-kills-senior-al-qaida-leader-afghanistan-075330276.html
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The U.S.-led NATO force in Afghanistan killed al-Qaida's second-highest leader in the country in an airstrike in eastern Kunar province, the coalition said Tuesday.

Sakhr al-Taifi, also known as Mushtaq and Nasim, was responsible for commanding foreign insurgents in Afghanistan and directing attacks against NATO and Afghan forces, the alliance said. He frequently traveled between Afghanistan and Pakistan, carrying out commands from senior al-Qaida leadership and ferrying in weapons and fighters.

The airstrike that killed al-Taifi and another al-Qaida militant took place Sunday in Kunar's Watahpur district, the coalition said. A follow-on assessment of the area determined that no civilians were harmed, it said... 

http://news.yahoo.com/nato-kills-senior-al-qaida-leader-afghanistan-075330276.html

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 02:07:21 PM »

Woo hoo.  Seems like they kill a "senior Al-Quida leader" every week.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 02:27:29 PM »

Good riddance!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 02:57:10 PM »

Woo hoo.  Seems like they kill a "senior Al-Quida leader" every week.
Hmmm...I'm starting to wonder just how many  "senior leaders" there are. But I sure see Indy's point...good riddance!

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 03:55:42 PM »

Every time one is killed, they have to promote another, but the organization is a shadow of what it once was.
75% of the leadership had been wiped out before Bush left office and (BRACE YOURSELVES, I AM ABOUT TO SAY SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT THE PRESIDENT!!!) Obama has done a good job going after those left, including Usama bin Laden himself.  The sooner the planet is free of those animals, the better for freedom-loving peoples everywhere!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 07:08:33 PM »

Al Queda in Afg is pretty moot. Al queda doesn't need a place like Afghanistan, thye can spread their propaganda over the internet. The Taliban wouldn't invite them back either because they almost got driven out backing them before.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 07:47:36 PM »

Every time one is killed, they have to promote another, but the organization is a shadow of what it once was.
75% of the leadership had been wiped out before Bush left office and (BRACE YOURSELVES, I AM ABOUT TO SAY SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT THE PRESIDENT!!!) Obama has done a good job going after those left, including Usama bin Laden himself.  The sooner the planet is free of those animals, the better for freedom-loving peoples everywhere!
To call Al Qaeda "animals" is to insult the animals. 

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 10:52:48 PM »

I was not meaning to insult noble beasts of prey . . . I was thinking more along the lines of fire ants, head lice, and intestinal parasites. TeddyR

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 03:55:20 AM »

They are a many headed hydra, just like some other organizations I could mention. I just hope NATO's press releases are geniune and all this isn't just to boost favour during the election period. Terrorism needs tackling instead of being used as political propaganda until it actually does shoot a rocket in your face!

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 04:46:10 PM »

They are a many headed hydra, just like some other organizations I could mention. I just hope NATO's press releases are geniune and all this isn't just to boost favour during the election period. Terrorism needs tackling instead of being used as political propaganda until it actually does shoot a rocket in your face!
Well this is a goofy Yahoo story, but I do believe their sources are genuine news services.  And Yahoo mgmt are too self-interested to play political pawn - particularly for a democrat administration.  Yahoo news stories are pablum, and typically poorly written, but I have not yet encountered a story I didn't believe was news. 

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 06:02:50 PM »

Well this is a goofy Yahoo story, but I do believe their sources are genuine news services.  And Yahoo mgmt are too self-interested to play political pawn - particularly for a democrat administration.  Yahoo news stories are pablum, and typically poorly written, but I have not yet encountered a story I didn't believe was news. 

True. I have noticed they use an awful lot of misleading headlines also.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 06:38:41 PM »

True. I have noticed they use an awful lot of misleading headlines also.
Yahoo news stories are the online rag.  I post them often.   TeddyR  That's because I see them.  The email I use everyday is yahoo. 

JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 04:28:02 PM »

I don't know what I like more in Yahoo! stories: the accidental hilarity or the awful comments.

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 05:31:53 PM »

Watch UFO HUNTERS on TV for the true story!

Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Venomx73
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 09:27:39 PM »

Watch UFO HUNTERS on TV for the true story!

Lookingup

I'd give you good karma if I could...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  NATO kills senior al-Qaida leader in Afghanistan « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.