Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:00:23 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  CHILDREN OF THE CORN III: URBAN HARVEST « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CHILDREN OF THE CORN III: URBAN HARVEST  (Read 10662 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« on: June 11, 2012, 01:57:24 PM »

I'll say this about how bad this film was-it had Charlize Theron in it, and I never noticed.

I wonder if Big Steve still gets checks for these.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 07:22:27 AM »

Can't remember that one, but I got Children of the Corn IV on DVD just because it had Naomi Watts in it   TeddyR

It wasn't too bad of a movie actually.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 08:12:26 AM »

I used to have this one on VHS years ago... had no idea that Charlize Theron was in it, but maybe I just had no idea who she was last time I saw it.

I remember very little of it except for a vague feeling that it was probably the best "CotC" sequel, which isn't really saying much.

Recently I came across a "Children of the Corn Collection" DVD at Shop-Rite which has the last four or five films in the series on it (starting with III, I believe) and I've been tempted to pick it up just to see this one again.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 09:35:28 AM »

Recently picked up the flipper DVD that has II-IV on it and just watched III a few days ago.  The boy who brought the Devil's Corn to the city was probably the scariest Amish kid that I've ever seen, but that's not saying a whole lot.  If you noticed, he's also twice adopted - which is supposed to explain why he's so evil.

I did enjoy the stop-motion plant monster rampage at the end, just for the sheer goofiness.  The creature was hard to see due to the poor lighting, plus it didn't look like the model had a lot of good detail.

The woman dying by falling and impaling her head on a drainage or irrigation pipe was amusing.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 03:43:34 PM »

I'm going to see this one now that I realize the main character's name is
Eli Porter Small | Large

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
claws
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 05:30:31 PM »

Bought the Blu-ray not too long ago:

Part 3 is my fave COTC sequel. Enjoyed the urban setting, and that kid is indeed creepy. The monster at the end is a riot, add the usage of a barbie doll standing in for a person and you are in cheese heaven.
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 08:03:53 PM »

Part 3 is my fave COTC sequel. Enjoyed the urban setting, and that kid is indeed creepy. The monster at the end is a riot, add the usage of a barbie doll standing in for a person and you are in cheese heaven.

How was the quality on these, I've seen quite a view blu ray multipacks that are not much better than dvd (and sometimes even worse) so i would like to know whether its worth picking this one up.
claws
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 03:25:33 AM »

How was the quality on these, I've seen quite a view blu ray multipacks that are not much better than dvd (and sometimes even worse) so i would like to know whether its worth picking this one up.

Well, don't expect pristine Avatar quality. Quality on these are always mixed. Some scenes look nice in HD, but they are brief and far in between. If anything, these sets don't look much better or worse than DVD, but are cheap and present some of the movies for the first time in 16x9 and/or widescreen.

Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest - Video: 5/10 Audio: 7/10
Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering - Video: 4.5/10 Audio: 3.5/10
Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror - Video: 6/10 Audio: 6/10
Children of the Corn 666: Issac's Return - Video: 3.5/10 Audio: 5/10
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 04:47:25 AM »

I detest the Children of the Corn series. I've seen all of them except for the most recent, Children of the Corn: Genesis.

They're all awful. All of them!

That being said, name brand actors do tend to show up. Eva Mendes shows up in part 5.

If you want to see the best one, I did slightly enjoy Children of the Corn 666. At least that one made good use of the band "Faith and the Muse."

Don't watch any of them, though. They are an awfulness.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  CHILDREN OF THE CORN III: URBAN HARVEST « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.