Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:43:20 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dumbest Plots « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Dumbest Plots  (Read 9607 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 12, 2012, 10:32:04 PM »

Worst plots you've ever seen with the hugest holes in them.

Venomx73
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 10:47:27 PM »

The Video Dead (1987) yes it's fun to watch but I still don't understand the plot. I have no clue.
I've watched it about 30 times. I'm not putting down the movie... but Imo the plot sucks.
Conf
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 03:26:19 AM »

This french zombie movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091847/ sees three girls dying after drinking contaminated milk. Each night they come back as zombies killing people and having sex (and both at the same time, also...there's a gory lesbo scene ending with a penetration-by-sword). This would be fine but the "shock" ending is so unbelievable that you have to see it. And then watch the movie again to laugh at the dumbest plot of them all.
claws
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 04:03:35 AM »

I love the movie but I think there are quite a few plot holes in The Sentinel (1977).  ****SPOILER WARNING****

It is never really explained why Alison Parker (Cristina Raines) was chosen to be the next Sentinel. Was it because of her way of life (a model) or that she tried to commit suicide as a young girl? Picking her comes off as random, yet to everyone else in the movie she seems to be the perfect choice.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 07:01:42 AM »

Solarbabies (1986) - in the future, an evil corporation has taken control of all the water on the earth.  Um, really?  They pumped out the oceans and put it all in a big tank somewhere?   BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Venomx73
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 01:01:55 PM »

The Stuff (1985)

Small | Large

Again, I'm not putting down B movies. I LOVE B movies but I cant get over the plot. Imo it's dumb lol.
Think about it... who or what labels the 'stuff' with such nice labels? Yeah lol.

Ok. Well I'm going to eat some 'Marshmallow Fluff' now. It's calling me.
BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 01:08:58 PM »

The Uninvited (2009):

SPOILERS

It tries to be intelligent and only succeeds if you don't think about it.

The protagonist sees ghosts of children and suspects her stepmother killed them, and intends to murder her & her (imaginary) sister.

But wait. Firstly, a very overused "twist" appears. But even the writers must have known the protagonist being the killer was so generic it might leave viewers unsatisfied, and, incredibly, made a dumb twist dumber!

We're supposed to believe she actually wasn't insane and intentionally killed her stepmother.

Know what that means?

1: She only pretended to see ghosts which only happened (IIRC) when nobody else was around!
2: She never thought her stepmother was trying to murder her, meaning she shouldn't have been "researching" an at large killer her roommate

As a final discredit - maybe she acted insane as an alibi. No, she also murdered her boyfriend, the only motive being he would've seen her talking to herself, specifically, he would've been the only* one to witness it!

* - infuriating as the film was, I'd consider another viewing to confirm that, solely to confirm the film lacks credibility of any sort
66Crush
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 05:32:04 AM »

Hard Rock Zombies (1984)

A heavy metal band comes to town to play a concert (the band's name is NEVER mentioned, not once). They are killed and turned into Zombies and do battle with Nazi's. This one old guy is really Adolph Hitler. This decrepit little creature EATS ITSELF! Plus there is love story between the band's singer and a young girl (even after he's been turned into a Zombie). There's also a midget and some weird groupie chick that lures the group to their doom. That's the movie! There is no plot that I can make sense of! I can only describe it in short sentences, because the movie seems to be just a random string of events. Although there is a continuity to it once things start to happen, there is never any explanation as to why these things are happening in the first place. The characters exist without purpose (unless you want to count the Zombie romance). This is one of my favorite B movies, just don't ask me to explain it.

Small | Large
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 01:37:51 PM »

I would say Resident Evil: Extinction, but that movie didn't have a plot.  Wink

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
ChaosTheory

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 01:51:49 PM »

I love the movie but I think there are quite a few plot holes in The Sentinel (1977).  ****SPOILER WARNING****

*SPOILERS*

I think it was partly the suicide attempt, partly her history with her father & her involvement with Lerman; she was a troubled soul and both sides were looking to "bring her over".  That was the impression I got, anyway.   Smile

*MILD SPOILERS*

I like him, but most of Dario Argento's movies have pretty gappy plots.  DEEP RED, for example, never explains the killer's motivations or even how (or why) he gets to some of the crime scenes.  SUSPIRIA just kind of throws random witchcraft and traps at the screen, and PHENOMENA....well, that movie just kind of works on its own internal logic.

*End Spoilers*

I know it got a lot of love but I thought FROZEN was really stupid.  They had to work way too hard to set up that situation.

It is never really explained why Alison Parker (Cristina Raines) was chosen to be the next Sentinel. Was it because of her way of life (a model) or that she tried to commit suicide as a young girl? Picking her comes off as random, yet to everyone else in the movie she seems to be the perfect choice.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
jimpickens
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 12:05:05 AM »

About the majority of movies that have came out over the past twenty years.
voltron

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 10:38:45 AM »

Hospital Massacre's plot was pretty dumb - a jilted kid on v-day turns into a psychopath and stalks Barbi Benton in a hospital - but I totally LOVE it! When the hell are they gonna release it on dvd?  Question
Small | Large

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 07:21:18 AM »

The Stuff (1985)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE6Z1nBqLwo

Again, I'm not putting down B movies. I LOVE B movies but I cant get over the plot. Imo it's dumb lol.
Think about it... who or what labels the 'stuff' with such nice labels? Yeah lol.

Ok. Well I'm going to eat some 'Marshmallow Fluff' now. It's calling me.

The thing I find Cliche about this plot is they throw in a wise black dude that turns out to be right all along to jazz it up a bit. It does not look like it would work however.

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 06:30:09 PM »

Signs- been a while, but, aliens decide to invade Earth.

However, these guys are extremely allergic to/killed by water.

Water, I may add, encompasses like 70% of Earth I may add.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
akiratubo

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 10:12:49 PM »

The Village

In the late 70s, a group of wealthy people decide to move to a wilderness preserve and pretend that the modern world doesn't exist.  To keep their kids from straying too far, they concoct a story about porcupine monsters living in the woods.  Ok, I'll buy that.

Then one of the village youths gets severely injured.  He needs modern medicine to survive.  Instead of, say, venturing out of town himself to get some medical supplies, the village headman reveals to his daughter the truth behind the village, then sends her off to fetch some medicine.  Still not so bad, right?

Maybe I left out a few details.   He tells his daughter that everything she has ever believed in is a lie.  Then, immediately after pulling the rug out from under her entire life, he sends his BLIND daughter out into the woods she has never set foot in for her entire life in the hopes that she'll make it to modern civilization that she hasn't the faintest inkling how to deal with to procure medical supplies she has no idea even existed before that day.  Oh, and then she'll have to make it all the way back before the boy dies.  He gives her a note with "tylenol" and "antibiotics" scribbled on it and a command to "go that way" to reach civilization, and sends her off.  I can't stress this enough:  the man was so disgusted by the evil of the world that he moved away from it to the greatest extent possible ... and then he sends his daughter blindly into it (literally) without any guidance, help, or anything.

What an a***ole.  And I'm talking about M. Night Shyamalan for writing and filming that crap.

Yes, yes.  We're supposed to look DEEPER and understand it's a METAPHOR for how poorly parents prepare their children for the world.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dumbest Plots « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.