Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 15, 2024, 12:35:20 AM
712707 Posts in 53033 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Scenes that make you go Hmmmm « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scenes that make you go Hmmmm  (Read 2908 times)
claws
« on: June 13, 2012, 04:12:51 AM »

... because you don't fully understand.

My favorite Hmmmm scene can be found in Brian De Palma's Dressed to Kill (1980). When Angie Dickinson's character is about to enter the building with the guy she just met at the museum. In said scene she steps out of the cab and turns to the left not once but twice, with a slight worried look on her face. We see a big truck backing up and the doorman of the building trying to help.
I guess that scene was left open to make your own conclusions but it always makes me wonder what was up with that.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 06:44:30 AM »

Can't really think of a "Hmmmmm" moment, best I've got is a bunch of "WTF?" moments  TeddyR

Like the end of Safety in Numbers (2006).

SPOILERS

So it's a slasher movie set on a tropical island.  By the end, we see our two survivors on a yacht headed for safety, and the killer, badly injured, walking on the beach.  So obviously they've escaped him, right?  But there's a second killer on the yacht.  At absolutely no point in the movie did they ever hint that there was a second killer, there was no explanation whatsoever;  it was just some stupid twist they tacked on at the end that made no sense at all.  I went over to IMDb thinking somebody on the message boards might have an explanation, but no - everyone is just as confused as me.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Venomx73
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 01:47:58 PM »

That makes me go 'Hmmmm'? How about EVERY scene in Super Mario Bros (1993) the movie.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Scenes that make you go Hmmmm « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.