Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:08:43 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  First Movie Actor/Actress Crush « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: First Movie Actor/Actress Crush  (Read 13133 times)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 16, 2012, 12:09:32 PM »

Gene Wilder ...... I bought a DVD copy of the 40th Anniversary Edition of Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory yesterday and it brought back all those warm memories. I was all of 7 years old when this came out and I thought he was wonderful. Smile

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 01:36:16 PM »

Not terribly original, but:

Smile

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Venomx73
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 02:00:41 PM »

Jessica Lange in King Kong (1976) Twirling

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 09:47:00 AM »

Hmmm. I don't know if I can remember the first. I suppose anybody who didn't make enough of an impression to be remembered wouldn't count anyway. I'm going to have to go with the same answer as in the other "crush" thread - Persis Khambatta in Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Never saw a woman who looked like that before, and I found her strange but oddly compelling. And the accent didn't hurt either.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Jim H

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 08:52:14 PM »

I didn't really have the typical "crush" sort of things as a pre-pubescent boy, but the first actress I can remember being really attracted to was Elisabeth Brooks in the Howling.  You can probably guess why.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 06:25:34 PM »

Lois Lane herself, Margot Kidder. Yeah she's a lot older but in the 70s/early 80s, she looked good to me.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
tracy

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 12:23:04 PM »

Lois Lane herself, Margot Kidder. Yeah she's a lot older but in the 70s/early 80s, she looked good to me.

That reminded me of the "arguments" my sister and I had over whether she was a good Lois Lane or not....I liked her a lot but Mary didn't. Oh,well!  TeddyR

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 12:37:40 PM »

Heap big woman, you made a bad boy out of me....

ALLISON HAYES!

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 01:01:07 PM »

ALLISON HAYES!

Just the actress, or a giantess thing as well?

---------------------
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 01:38:59 PM »

ALLISON HAYES!

Just the actress, or a giantess thing as well?

Only my shrink knows for sure....

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 07:41:04 AM »

You people all have all hollywood starlets from early movie days. But for me It is Jessica Alba From Dark Angel as Max Guevara... Which was in the early 2000's (this makes me feel very young) till fox caneled it... I hate you Fox network for taking away a very happy part off my teenager years >:-( ... The only happy part!!!!!

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 08:20:20 AM »

You people all have all hollywood starlets from early movie days. But for me It is Jessica Alba From Dark Angel as Max Guevara... Which was in the early 2000's (this makes me feel very young) till fox caneled it... I hate you Fox network for taking away a very happy part off my teenager years >:-( ... The only happy part!!!!!

I suppose it all comes down to the movies you were watching when puberty came along. For me, that was in the early 80s. Not exactly early movie days, but 30 years ago anyway. So, Persis Khambatta in Star Trek, who was pretty typical of what I've found most appealing ever since.

That's actually something I would never have admitted to more than a handful of people until recently. Based on the response here, or lack thereof, I can conclude that it's either no big deal, or so weird as to be greeted with awkward silence.

---------------------
tracy

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 12:41:01 PM »

I suppose it all comes down to the movies you were watching when puberty came along. For me, that was in the early 80s. Not exactly early movie days, but 30 years ago anyway. So, Persis Khambatta in Star Trek, who was pretty typical of what I've found most appealing ever since.

That's actually something I would never have admitted to more than a handful of people until recently. Based on the response here, or lack thereof, I can conclude that it's either no big deal, or so weird as to be greeted with awkward silence.
I thought she was exotic and lovely. Smile

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 01:39:17 PM »

My favorite mermaid, DIANE WEBBER!

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 01:30:50 PM by alandhopewell » Logged

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 04:04:46 PM »

I thought she was exotic and lovely. Smile

Many people did. For most, Persis was beautiful and exotic enough to rock the bald head, or to look good in spite of it. I thought it was an improvement, and came to see it as a very attractive look for women in general. From what I've read about the creation of the Ilia character, and other bits of Trek history, I'm convinced Gene Roddenberry shared that particular kink, and hoped people would react positively to the character, perhaps sparking a trend.

---------------------
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  First Movie Actor/Actress Crush « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.