Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:27:28 AM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Jason X was GREAT! (no spoilers) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Jason X was GREAT! (no spoilers)  (Read 5753 times)
Akira Tubo
« on: April 27, 2002, 05:44:45 AM »

I haven't laughed so much at a movie in forever!  Jason X wasn't gratingly self-aware, like most of the slasher films since Scream.  There were a few in-jokes but they came off well, like something a long time Friday the 13th fan would put in.  The deaths were also predominanty cool.

I loved it!  The theater was packed with a great audience, too.  Probably the best audience I've ever been a part of.
J.R.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2002, 06:59:23 AM »

I talked with Jason X screenwriter Todd Farmer in the official F13 chat room and he intended Robo-Jason to be a surprise. Oops...Anyway, Jason X is the best Friday film in a VERY long time. It has everything good slashers should- GREAT kills, sly humor, inventive ideas and of course boobs, lots of boobs. The King has returned to smite all the Ghost Faces and fishermen who dared challenge the throne with their pathetic efforts. Everybody party like it's 1989...oh yeah.
Neo
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2002, 03:17:53 PM »

(in his best scooby)
AROO??

Boobs? I have the bootleg version, for about 3 months now, and it only had boobs in one section. Have the edited it and added some stuff or something?

On another note, I wasn't thrilled with this film. I liked it as another installment to Jason but I hated it on a film level!! Know what I mean? LoL Anyway, I would highly recommend this as a rental but not as a theatrical view!

-Neo-
Jim Hepler
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2002, 06:16:20 PM »

There's an irony that at the times I usually go to movies, a theatrical view often costs less then a rental.  Matinee is great, so is student rate.
Pistof
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2002, 06:28:25 PM »

Jason X was flat out good comedy. The part with the (censored) and the (censored) and when he took the (censored)(censored)(censored)(censored) and (censored)!

Oh yeah, sorry but I believe everyone from the Pope to the drunk on the street corner should see this movie, so I'm not spoiling anything.
Andrew
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2002, 08:24:28 PM »

It amused me, but good lord was it awful at times.

Of interest, just like in "Prophecy," the best part involved a sleeping bag.  Well, I know which clip to use when it finally comes out on video and I review it.

By the way, the "screwed" pun hurt bad.

Andrew
The Foywonder
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2002, 11:04:52 PM »

All this time hearing about how funny and campy this movie was supposed to be...I guess I missed it because except for the holodeck sequence at the end, this movie was just a typical Friday The 13th movie combined with a bad Alien knock-off. What a letdown.
Lee
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2002, 11:23:59 PM »

I just got back from the theatre about 50 minutes ago. I loved it. Just remember to go in expecting to have fun. That's what I did and I really enjoyed it. Deffinately the best installment in the series in quite a while.
The Foywonder
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2002, 03:47:49 AM »

That's exactly what I did. I've been looking forward to this movie for a year and a half and I still hated it.
J.R.
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2002, 05:07:20 AM »

About the only things I didn't enjoy were the sometimes inane dialog and annoying actors. The why-don't-you-peek-your-head-out-and-check  and you-guys-might-wanna-run scenes compounded the two flaws and made me groan. Still,  this movie is very reminiscent of slashers in the their golden age (around 1982-88) and it was gloriously stupid and fun. And there were no WB actors. And, again, boobs.
No Nukes, The Satanic Pikachu
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2002, 06:36:29 PM »

THAT'S IT! I WANT AN ANIME "HALLOWEEN" MOVIE! I WANT AN ANIME "HALLOWEEN" MOVIE ***NOW!!!****

I wanna see Michael Myers buff and shirtless and throwing some big-ass FIREBALLS in midair, dammit!

(realizes what she's typing and wisely decides to shut up)
Jim Hepler
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2002, 07:19:19 PM »

Andrew, the sleeping bag thing was a reference to a kill in part 7.  Remember?  Well, guess you might not of seen it.  7 is a rather disappointing entry, but it does have a couple excellent kills.  

http://www.houseofhorrors.com/coroner.htm
Andrew
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2002, 09:36:57 PM »

I tend to sort of file away the "Friday the 13th" series into "less than required memory."  Hence, I often forget parts.  It is interesting to say that I'll probably remember "Jason X" for a while just for having seen it in the theater and that it had a very scifi feel.

Andrew
J.R.
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2002, 04:49:45 AM »

It;s okay, man. That idea sounds kind of intriquing. But you probably shouldn't mention it around people with mainstream tastes. I've actually seen some concept drawings from an aborted F13 cartoon and it worked surprisingly well.
Chadzilla
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2002, 12:56:37 PM »

I loved it too, it is impossible for me to dislike a movie with a fembot in a catsuit going John Woo on Jason.  I'm a Friday the 13th fanboy at heart and was quite pleased with the more of the same on a different set stuff.  And Uber Jason was cooooooollllllll (it's mine the minute McFarlane puts out a doll).
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Jason X was GREAT! (no spoilers) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.