Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:56:04 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Carrie Remake....Why Do They Bother? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Carrie Remake....Why Do They Bother?  (Read 7769 times)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 19, 2012, 01:22:38 PM »

http://news.moviefone.com/2012/05/14/carrie-remake-julianne-moore_n_1515099.html

I just don't get it! Don't people in Hollywood have any imagination anymore? Lookingup

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
claws
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 02:41:41 PM »

Usually I don't mind remakes but some movies shouldn't be remade, and this is one of them.
That said, this is already the second Carrie remake, plus there was a sequel.
Raffine

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 04:33:13 PM »

In related news: The infamous Carrie: The Musical, the most expensive Broadway musical flop ever, was recently revived Off-Broadway!

Small | Large

It was a big expensive flop, too.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Venomx73
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 05:01:25 PM »

I hate most remakes... however, I still wanna see what they do with that Evil Dead-remake...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 05:29:49 PM »

I just don't get it! Don't people in Hollywood have any imagination anymore? Lookingup

They have as much imagination as they ever did, it's just that you can't bank imagination. People will pay money to see remakes of stuff they're already familiar with instead of taking a chance on something new. If people stopped buying tickets to remakes Hollywood would stop making them.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 06:38:31 PM »

Only reason remakes happen is money.

Younger people likely haven't seen the originals, and hear about a remake, so they rent the original and see the remake.

Fans of the originals KNOW it won't be as good, but their curiousity is piqued, so they watch and laugh at how horrible the new one is.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 09:11:33 PM »

They better not mess up the infamous pig's blood scene!

yeah no.
tracy

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 12:20:15 PM »

In related news: The infamous Carrie: The Musical, the most expensive Broadway musical flop ever, was recently revived Off-Broadway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfwuyA_rcHA

I've heard of the musical.... Lookingup

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 12:34:35 PM »

Name recognition sells tickets.  It's the same with video games these days, perpetual sequels of franchises that should have died years ago. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pacman000
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 02:17:37 PM »

Name recognition sells tickets.  It's the same with video games these days, perpetual sequels of franchises that should have died years ago. 
I wish that the Crash Bandicoot franchise hadn't died.  If only the PS2 games were good....

Wait?  What were we talking about?  A Carrie remake?  I can understand why they remake movies; they want to make money, and they know the earlier version made money.  That doesn't mean remakes are good, but it also doesn't mean remakes are bad.  It's hard to make a good movie.  It's harder still to be successful twice, to impress new audiences and the fans of the original, so most remakes fail.  That doesn't meant they should stop. It just means that they should be very careful when considering remaking something.  Note that this does not mean that I'm in favor of remakes, unless the movie was bad to begin with, and a new director/producer/writer/whoever thinks he/she can improve it.

Also, I'm not sure if Hollywood ever had a lot of imagination.  Weren't most classic films were based off successful books or plays?
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 09:27:53 PM »

They've already remade Carrie, haven't they? Anyways I'd predict no one remembers the remake in short order if it's unremarkable and people will continue to still think first of the original film when they hear the title.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
voltron

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 10:43:06 AM »

Others have mentioned this, but I find it totally pointless to remake a movie that's already been remade (even though it was a "sequel" in name only).  Lookingup

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 02:33:10 PM »

this looks terrible. I hope it comes to the West End.

Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 07:52:31 AM »

Our culture these days only recycles fashions from the 20th century, and movies and music too... As in remakes off the acctuall songs and movies. And Recycles the worst parts off fashions... Most are from the 80's still being worn by teenage girls to this day.

I hate this time!! Being a 90's kid was only a set up for disapointment... as a kid I saw teenagers with differents trends, fads and cultural changes that made their decade awesome for teenagers. Like the decade before, and the decade before that. I wondered what my teenage years would be like. Only to find people kept repating s**t, and the only new thing they came up with was terroist attacks, predicting when the world is going to end... And constantly getting it wrong again and again.  So instead off progressing in the world with womans rights (we could be using this time for gay rights for example) we keep sitting here deciding when we are all going to die and which religion goes to heaven and is there for right... which it seems is the greatest reward off all. It is all just Cultural suicide, with MTV No longer having Heavy Metal and Beavis and Butthead but instead Reality TV... No wonder I got so bored I kept dying my hair different colours like purple and blue every week... My generation was just boring. Rap videos and skate boarding pop punk bands... I want to kill myself. And the Teenagers have it even worse now and do not even realize it could be better!!!!

So yes ... A Carrie Remake does not surprise me at all.

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
tracy

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 12:45:00 PM »

this looks terrible. I hope it comes to the West End.

LOL....you're cool! TeddyR

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Carrie Remake....Why Do They Bother? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.