Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:11:33 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Amazing Spider-Man « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Amazing Spider-Man  (Read 13519 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 07:26:20 AM »

So...the post-credits scene.  Any guesses who it is?

Granted, if one is somewhat familiar with the comics, there's a pretty good chance one would know who it was.

But, that leads to Gwen and all.   Buggedout

It'll be the green goblin.

Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 10:47:33 AM »

I liked it a lot. Better than the Raimi's.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 12:53:36 PM »

Well....I haven't been too excited about it but I read an interview with Uncle Stan and he's pretty happy with it. I think I'll give it a shot.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 01:32:28 PM »

Pretty sure if there's a sequel, we'll see the introduction of the Daily Bugle, Green Goblin, and MJ or Betty Brant.

Not sure if they'll have the bridge incident in part 2 or 3.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 05:20:46 PM »

Saw it in IMAX 3D today. It was far superior to the original. It just felt more like the source material. Much better than I was expecting!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, 05:35:43 PM »

There are rights than there are rights.

Columbia Pictures may have the film rights to Spiderman, but they--apparently--don't have the TV rights to the character. For there is an animated Spiderman TV series called "The Ultimate Spiderman," which is produced by Film Roman Productions/Marvel Animation and distributed by Disney XD on the cable TV channel Disney XD, which is aimed at boys 6 to 14.

And I keep hearing that the Marvel characters, or, at least, some of them will start appearing at the Disney theme parks, both here and overseas, sometime next year, except at Walt Disney World, as Universal has the exclusive rights, the theme park rights, to that part of Florida.

At least Columbia Pictures was smart enough to maintain the rights to distribute the Spiderman film. Unlike Paramount who produced "The Avengers" film with Marvel, but whose film was distributed by the Walt Disney Company, who, as I heard, got 53% of the worldwide gross of the boxoffice, right off the top or so far over $700 million dollars just for distributing it.

Of course, all this may be moot, as I have heard all rights or most of the rights to the Marvel characters revert back to Marvel in two years.

When it comes to rights, who has 'em, who doesn't have 'em, who will have 'em, who won't have 'em, I think Shakespeare said it best: "What fools these mortals be."
Jim H

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 08:08:25 PM »

The action scenes were superb but throughout I would suddenly remember that they were being done with CGI, and I found myself trying to discern what was CG and what was not.

One thing that IS interesting is how much of this film was clearly done practically.  Well, at least done with live actors in front of a green screen.  Really a lot of the web slinging in this one was actually shot with real people, and a lot of the lizard fighting was mocapped by Rhys Ifans.  It does actually pay off a bit - things seem much more weighted and believable than in the Raimi films.  That said, I don't think the action scenes are as good, because Raimi is actually a really good action director. 

Overall, I thought this one was OK.  Personally, I think it would have made a far more interesting trilogy if the Lizard's plan had succeeded.  Maybe someone will write a comic where that happens. 

Several plot holes though, and the change in the backstory with Uncle Ben is mindblowingly bad.

**SPOILERS**

They changed it from Peter being able to easily intervene and do the right thing, which would have saved Uncle Ben, to MAYBE being able to POSSIBLY have intervened, to stop Uncle Ben from getting HIMSELF killed.  This is a really stupid change, obviously.

**END**

It's a 6/10 from me.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 08:59:49 PM »

Ultimate Spider Man, the toon, is really good.

Vik
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 08:56:22 AM »

Eh. I really liked Emma Stone in this. The rest I thought was okay-ish, I guess?
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2012, 06:11:36 PM »

Emma Stone is pretty good in everything, even terrible films.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 11:01:57 AM »

Emma Stone is pretty good in everything, even terrible films.

And her slight overbite is oddly sexy.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 11:53:48 AM »

I don;'t much care for how they changed Spider-man's costume. 
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2012, 11:21:58 PM »

I don;'t much care for how they changed Spider-man's costume. 

This one didn't have the heart or the fun of the raimi film.  The villain was also better in the raimi film, he had a plan, a personality; unlike the mindless monster in this one.  The raimi one had an overall theme about heroism which this one lacked.  The only thing I liked better in this version was Emma as Gwen Stacy was alot better then Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Amazing Spider-Man « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.