Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:27:46 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The "Death" of Vincent Kennedy McMahon « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The "Death" of Vincent Kennedy McMahon  (Read 9064 times)
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« on: June 22, 2007, 10:43:35 PM »

I have a question for wrestling fans.  Last week, I missed a show where Vince walked to his limo, where it apparently blew up (I watch the clips on SmackDown today).  And on Monday, his daughter was crying in the ring, talking with the crowd, thanking them for their support, that her father died in the explosion.  My question is, with exclusion of anything pertaining to WWE (magazine, website, etc.), was their any legitimate news of this, newscasts, newspaper, etc. about this incident?  Because, if it is true, then I apologize, my condolences, and a wag of the finger for the news not covering this.  But, if it's not true (and I strongly think it's not), then the writers have insulted every fan who have watch the show since it was WWF.  This is the kind of tactic you would see in soap operas and read about in romance novels, mysteries and comic books, because if the outcome of this is what I think it is, real or fake, they lost a fan.

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 07:06:25 AM »

Maybe his heart exploded from all the steroids he is/was taking...  Lookingup

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 08:25:08 AM »

I'm sure he'll have "miraculously" survived and be back in a week or two.  It's a typical pro wrestling publicity stunt, though perhaps a bit more tasteless than normal.   TeddyR  If there was a real accident, do you suppose the film crew would have just happened to have been there to capture it all on tape?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 08:28:29 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 08:46:01 AM »

I haven't been following 100% but I'm assuming they killed off the character "Mr. McMahon" and the real Vince is somewhere in Titan Towers laughing.  Please note on every reference that nowhere does it say in memoriam "Vince McMahon" but rather "Mr. McMahon". 

Either way, these are all reasons why I stopped watching wrestling years ago.  TNA is where its at now.  Hardly any lengthy interviews and wrestling for wrestling fans. 

Edited 6/23/07;
from wikipedia I found after posting the above...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_mcmahon#.22Death.22_of_Mr._McMahon
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 10:38:09 AM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 11:11:46 AM »

It's all part of the show; Vince McMahon is alive and well. The angle will probably last a while as they will try to build up a whodunit atmosphere that inevitably will bore most wrestling fans. It has been done kind of as a response to/parody of The Sopranos, if I recall correctly.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 08:27:54 PM »

I know McMahon's "death" was a storyline, but I just read somewhere else that Chris Benoit was found dead in his home along with his wife and son.  Anyone else heard anything about this yet?

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 02:03:58 AM »

I know McMahon's "death" was a storyline, but I just read somewhere else that Chris Benoit was found dead in his home along with his wife and son.  Anyone else heard anything about this yet?

Bluesad

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 08:35:12 PM »

A terrible tragedy.  Bluesad I feel Benoit's mental state wasn't right. Too many concussions/blows to the head over the years but it doesn't excuse the horrible actions he took. WWE still doesn't even acknowledge he ever existed any more despite his having worked there for years...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 06:32:22 PM »

I'd put concussions at the top.

I'd also rank the constant grieving over the fact that so many of his friends and co-workers have passed away so young.  Concussions mixed with a depressive personality and some alleged drug use can't end well. Bluesad

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The "Death" of Vincent Kennedy McMahon « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.