Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:53:09 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Lies, Lies, Lies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Lies, Lies, Lies  (Read 5334 times)
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« on: July 16, 2012, 02:17:18 PM »

Anybody ever lie to get out of stuff you didn't wanna do? Maybe getting out of school, work, a boring thing with your wife, husband or girlfriend, etc..

I'm just curious as to what lengths some have gone to avoid things or get out of doing something you can't stand.

Discuss.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 03:57:07 PM »

I'm sure I've told people "I already have plans" or "I've been sick for a couple of days" or something like that to get out of going to certain things.  But I can't recall any "great" lies I've told.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 03:18:56 AM »

I've lied to get out of family-related crap that I have no interest in.  Or when my sister wants me to hang out with her and her doofy boyfriend.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 07:12:14 AM »

I used to get out of family gatherings by saying I had to work that weekend. Then I'd take a few movies into the empty office, and have an afternoon of movies, video games, web surfing and solitude.

Depended on which relatives were going to be there, of course. I didn't shun all family obligations. Just the ones that promised to be stressful. Still a relatively high proportion though.

And as an aside, thanks for the title of this thread. Now I'll have the Thompson Twins stuck in my head all day.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
claws
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 07:56:24 AM »

Just the other week I said I had a "bad stomach" so I could avoid drinking alcohol with a few colleagues at work during night shift. I'm a social drinker but truth is, I really don't like alcohol.
Besides, we had a few shots of Jägermeister the night before AND the night before that. Once is enough, twice is pushing it  Thumbdown
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 09:57:37 AM »

I once got stupid drunk at a party with a girl I was trying to put the moves on. I was drinking so much, that I ended up vomiting on my coat. When we were about to leave, she noticed the vomit and asked me what happened. I told her that someone at the party threw up on my coat.

She felt so bad about it, since she invited me to the party, and was really trying to make sure I had a good time. We ended up going back to her place and... well, having a little party of our own. ;)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 09:59:56 AM by A_Dubya » Logged

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 10:11:48 AM »

I once got stupid drunk at a party with a girl I was trying to put the moves on. I was drinking so much, that I ended up vomiting on my coat. When we were about to leave, she noticed the vomit and asked me what happened. I told her that someone at the party threw up on my coat.
Well, technically it was the truth. 
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 10:19:58 AM »

In a science class in high school, one assignment was to go home and find fossils and bring them in. Well, I had other things going on, so instead I brought in a bag of fossils from a museum gift shop.

The teacher took one glance and was like, "So you found these, huh?"

I said, "Um, yeah..."

"Around here?"

"They came from around here." (The gift shop was technically "around here.")

He then praised me all theatrically to the class for working extra hard on the assignment, since I'd apparently had to travel all the way to (I think he said) India, the nearest place the fossils I had were found..."

That was great...

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 10:42:05 AM »

She felt so bad about it, since she invited me to the party, and was really trying to make sure I had a good time. We ended up going back to her place and... well, having a little party of our own. ;)

So, you kissed her (and whatever else you did) with puke breath under false pretenses?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 10:59:48 AM »

I don't have any truly great stories but I have used "I'm sick" or "I have plans" to get out of things.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 11:08:35 AM »

So, you kissed her (and whatever else you did) with puke breath under false pretenses?

I'm pretty sure I cleaned myself up a little bit, prior to doin the deed, but she was totally with it, so yeah, I proceeded.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 07:21:01 PM »

Not truly great lies, mostly to get out of class because of the temp or the class being a complete ass of itself.

yeah no.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 11:13:00 PM »

Sorry, the first thing I think of when I see this thread is..
Small | Large

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 11:09:42 AM »

One of my truly brilliant ones was the time when I told my then-girlfriend that I was low on money, and couldn't afford to go on a trip with her. Truth be told, I had recently received a large check for a good chunk of change. What was great about it was that the money I would have had for a trip (which mostly she wanted) I had all to myself, and used it to get a new gaming system, surround sound speakers, and 42 inch plasma tv.

I had to hide all of this from her for... oh about 2 or 3 weeks after I got them, and eventually, I think we did go on a trip together, albeit less extravagant than the one originally planned. I'm a nice guy like that. :)

The best part was I got loads of cool stuff, she never found out, and I saved myself a ton of cash on a trip I wasn't too enthusiastic about going to in the first place.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 11:13:54 AM by A_Dubya » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 12:05:04 PM »

I really suck at it.
Unless I tell myself the same lies over and over so much I believe them.
Like-I dunno-
"I am NOT crazy."

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Lies, Lies, Lies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.