Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:51:09 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Dark Lurking « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Dark Lurking  (Read 17650 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: August 07, 2012, 07:09:25 AM »

In a number of ways, this is the movie that "DOOM" should have been, but it uses so many ideas from other films that there is precious little new material to make it interesting.  Plus, the characters are idiots.  All of them.

Join the B-Masters Cabal this month as we celebrate the various critters and beasts that turn mankind into chow main.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:39:49 AM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Flangepart

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 08:32:24 AM »

You're back in business! Thumbup

Classic Borntreger. Funny, insightful and saving me from having to endure this alone.
Keep it up, dude.  Smile

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
claws
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 01:27:59 PM »

Didn't enjoy this movie as much as I probably should have. It was too "wet" for my liking. Excessive slime/fluids dripping grosses me out. Great review though  Thumbup
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 03:20:42 AM »

The fecal matter is really hitting the rotary cooling device.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

After hearing that sound clip, yeah, I would say it is.

85 mins - Dude! You are loading blanks into that magazine. Dude! Blanks! You know, like "bang, bang" no effecto.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 08:16:03 AM »

You know, God forbid anyone ever pick an appropriate location for a last stand. Trying to defend a location with multiple avenues of approach is idiocy. Pull back to a straight section of passageway with the lift at your back and then lay down a final protective fire. Before long the demon mutants will be struggling to crawl over the piles of other dead creatures. The only weakness in the plan is the ventilation ducts, because science facilities always have them, and they always end up screwing us over when the alien apocalypse comes a-knockin'.

BounceGiggle

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 01:21:00 PM »

You're back into rare form, Andrew.  :)
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 02:41:45 PM »

I was having a particularly bad and annoying day at work, read this on my lunch break, very funny, made me ready to return to my duties with a smile on my face, however I much prefer my father's saying "And now the Bandini will impact the General Electric air circulator". I am going to add this one to my Netflix que and make the little woman watch it with me.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 07:56:05 AM »

You know, MRE cheese never goes bad. It changes color, and the older it gets the more alarming the colors become, but even after twenty years it's still edible.

Or to quote from Schlock Mercenary, it doesn't go bad, it only goes worse.  TongueOut
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 05:45:20 PM »

"The fecal matter is really hitting the rotary cooling device."

Really!? They actually paid someone to write that.

I am somewhat surprised. As that sounds like something Andrew might make up for one of his reviews.

Anyway, for those of you who do not speak Euphemism, it translates as "The s@#t is really hitting the fan."
yannick35
New Visitor

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 04:49:28 AM »

Its a shame that this movie felt short they could have done something good with it, the customs where really cool and the creatures too. But the story was crap and the acting that bad i also give it a 1
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 11:38:12 AM »

You know, God forbid anyone ever pick an appropriate location for a last stand. Trying to defend a location with multiple avenues of approach is idiocy. Pull back to a straight section of passageway with the lift at your back and then lay down a final protective fire. Before long the demon mutants will be struggling to crawl over the piles of other dead creatures. The only weakness in the plan is the ventilation ducts, because science facilities always have them, and they always end up screwing us over when the alien apocalypse comes a-knockin'.

BounceGiggle

That is soo true.   Cheers  I think it is in the template when people write up the scripts.   BounceGiggle

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
talthar
New Visitor

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 09:57:17 PM »

Movies like this just strengthen my belief that all space expeditions should carry at least one squad of Grey Knight Terminators.  The problem would have been solved so quickly...
"Bastard spawn of Satan?  You want this one Bob?"
"Yeah, hand me the frigging psycannon, I'll be back in an hour.  DO NOT eatmy MRE cheese while I'm gone,I'm saving that for dinner."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Dark Lurking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.