Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:07:07 PM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  A trio of strange fantasy movies. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A trio of strange fantasy movies.  (Read 6343 times)
Doctor Doom
New Visitor

« on: August 10, 2012, 06:27:26 PM »

I’ve been trying to figure out the names of these three titles for a few years now and have been unable to unearth either of them. It has been such a long time since I’ve seen them I am no longer entirely sure if they even exist.

The first films narrative revolves around a group of people whom use a vessel to inadvertently become trapped in what appears to an alternate dimension. Whilst there the protagonists encounter a being whose culture prohibits them from intervening with nature. I only have vague memories of this film however I recollect a scene in which the protagonist must pass through a chasm apparently made of a crystalline substance with walls that randomly shift.

The second and third films I scarcely have any recollect of. The second film is a sword and sandal flick, the only scene I recollect is a sequence in which the hero must fight a group beings whose appearance is akin to that of a skeleton. The creatures’ sprout from the ground, they lack legs however the spines of these creatures are elongated and support its host in the manner of a stalk. The location of fight is set within an arena. Beyond this I’m afraid I have no recollection of this movie.     

Within the third movie the hero is at some point swallowed by large aquatic being. The protagonist awakens within the gullet of this beast and encounters the remains of another unfortunate victim, which later springs to life and assaults him. After a swift battle the hero maneuvers though the monsters gut before somehow finding the beings heart. The immense beast is killed when the protagonist impales the heart with his sword.

I know this isn’t a large amount to go on however I’m afraid this is all I can remember.       
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 11:32:45 PM »

1. Perhaps PRISONERS OF THE LOST UNIVERSE (83)?

2. Resembles the "Bat people" from BEAST MASTER.
Small | Large

3. Maybe THE ADVENTURES OF BARON MUNCHAUSEN (88 or 61)?
Doctor Doom
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 11:22:31 AM »

1. Perhaps PRISONERS OF THE LOST UNIVERSE (83)?

I'm afraid this wasn't the movie, I recollect the setting to be akin to a spacious cavern and that the protagonists seldom left their vessel.

2. Resembles the "Bat people" from BEAST MASTER.

I'm sorry to say this but I don't think this is the film I recollect. If I recall correctly I believe the appearance of the skeletal beings were analogous to the children of the hydras teeth only lacking lower limbs. I also remember the film used a magic object that healed the wounds of its protagonists although I could be wrong.  

3. Maybe THE ADVENTURES OF BARON MUNCHAUSEN (88 or 61)?

I'm going to watch this movie, I shall let you know if it was the film I was thinking of.
THOR
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 12:43:49 PM »

The first one reminds me of a (double) episode of “Outer Limits” (“The Origin of Species” with Ryan Reynolds).

Second one sounds like “Jason and the Argonauts” (or a variation there-of), the most prominent being the 1963 version, featuring special effects by Ray Harryhausen.

Third seems a tough nut, although something in the subconscious rings a bell. Right, sure it’s not Disney’s “Pinocchio”, and most likely NOT “The Adventures of Baron Munchausen” (where the hero escapes by blowing snuff into the blow-hole). Have you any idea, whether this was a Hollywood- or European production? (Italy or France perhaps?)

Doctor Doom
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 10:06:37 AM »

The first one reminds me of a (double) episode of “Outer Limits” (“The Origin of Species” with Ryan Reynolds).

Its close however aspects of the episode differ from what I recollect.

Second one sounds like “Jason and the Argonauts” (or a variation there-of), the most prominent being the 1963 version, featuring special effects by Ray Harryhausen.

Although the description I provided is somewhat reminiscent of the children of the hydras teeth they're not said creatures, sorry.   

Third seems a tough nut, although something in the subconscious rings a bell. Right, sure it’s not Disney’s “Pinocchio”, and most likely NOT “The Adventures of Baron Munchausen” (where the hero escapes by blowing snuff into the blow-hole). Have you any idea, whether this was a Hollywood- or European production? (Italy or France perhaps?)

Although I recollect the film being of the english language I can no longer remember whenever or not it was a dub. Having said this I have doubts it was funded by any Hollywood studio. 
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 09:59:17 PM »

I'm wondering if number 3 isn't HERCULES AND THE LOST KINGDOM. TV movie from the Legendary Journeys show. In it, Hercules is swallowed by a sea serpent ("the blue serpent") and has to attack it's heart from the inside to escape.

Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 10:04:09 PM »

Along the same lines, number 1 might be ICE PLANET http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0269356/
Doctor Doom
New Visitor

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 09:36:25 AM »

Thanks Rayo Casablanca Hercules And The Lost Kingdom is the third one on the list.

As for Ice Planet, I don't believe that is the film I'm looking for, albeit its been a while since I last saw it. 
Doctor Doom
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 02:53:47 AM »

I've managed to locate the second movie, it turned out to be the television film Jason And The Argonauts (2000). 
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 07:23:34 PM »

The first one does sound like some variation on themes in the Cube films.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Doctor Doom
New Visitor

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 07:21:21 AM »

The first movie isn't part of the cube franchise, sorry.
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 03:43:28 PM »

Considering the last two were identified as TV movies, I'm guessing the first is as well. Any idea of when you saw this?
Doctor Doom
New Visitor

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 08:18:12 PM »

I'm not really sure but I believe around 2005.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  A trio of strange fantasy movies. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.