Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:28:41 AM
713387 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Infinity War? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Infinity War?  (Read 5231 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 16, 2012, 12:17:39 AM »

After the credits in Avengers we see this guy:

For those who don't know that is the Titan, Thanos. A villain from a Marvel Story Ark known as Infinity War. You can do some brushing up on continuity if you like, but I'll sum this guy up. He's basically omnipotent with a fetish for killing things. Now since Avengers ended with this guy's face I imagine a sequel to Avengers involving Infinity War will take place soon. Even in the Thor movie you can see the Infinity Gauntlet* in Odin's vault. It's definitely something I'm looking forward to.

*Plot device from Infinity War that gave Thanos his powers

Archivist

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 10:28:15 PM »

Yes, I have high hopes for this possibility.  It was cool to go back to Thor and see the items in Odin's Vault, and surmise about future projects.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 05:06:49 AM »

Well, I don't know. The Infinity Gauntlet saga is a whole lot of back story that does not necessarily fit into the vastly reduced universe that the Marvel movies have. I'm not saying they couldn't do it, but to do something on that scale really requires that you have the full fifty years plus history that the comics have.

I mean we're getting into the abstract cosmic entities that are personified in the Marvel universe, such as Death, the Living Tribunal, or Eternity. Those ideas would be really hard to peg down in a two hour movie.

I think they picked Thanos because he is pretty much the most evil and powerful character in the Marvel universe. I prefer Darkseid myself, but hey.

I loved the Avengers, and will queue up to whatever they go for next.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 10:06:41 AM »

As much as I'd love to see the all the heroes of the Movie Marvel Universe get together to face one unstoppable foe, I can't see it happening.

More likely they're just going to take some elements from there rather than trying to adapt the entire story.

Still, it is pretty cool having Thanos show up.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 04:10:58 PM »

As much as I'd love to see the all the heroes of the Movie Marvel Universe get together to face one unstoppable foe, I can't see it happening.

More likely they're just going to take some elements from there rather than trying to adapt the entire story.

Still, it is pretty cool having Thanos show up.

It might take a little while for Thanos to show up. No tentative date yet, but t normally takes 2 to 3 years for a sequel to come to the screen, as in the case of Ironman. So, it looks to be 2014 or 2015, before we see a new Avengers. There is one piece of good news so far. Joss Whedon has signed on to direct and write the sequel.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 11:27:48 AM »

Aside from all the history, I'd think the cost of showing all those heroes and their powers could be prohibitive. i loved the story but it might be more realistically done as a video game. Still, one can hope.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 03:42:07 PM »

A tentative date of May 1, 2015, has been tentatively assigned as the release date for the 2nd Avengers film.
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 09:43:00 AM »

I think Thanos will make a pretty good villain, but I doubt that Marvel/Disney will go for the "Infinity War" angle. They haven't done enough to set up the Soul Gems and Infinity Gauntlet. The Tesseract/Cosmic Cube is already established and still makes a good MacGuffin for a sequel involving Thanos.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Infinity War? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.